Unofficial French League Superthread

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah of course I can buddy.

image.thumb.png.3747bebbc812c17a9ae541de1b749873.png

image.thumb.png.8020013ae2a9f8365f682d79dc023b24.png

Thanks! What's the money like in the french league these days? Not that it's a game-breaker, but I know Marseille only starts with around £4mil, and I had a great Marseille save last year, so that just seems odd to me. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Thanks! What's the money like in the french league these days? Not that it's a game-breaker, but I know Marseille only starts with around £4mil, and I had a great Marseille save last year, so that just seems odd to me. 

I get £50-£60 million to spend both seasons.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I get £50-£60 million to spend both seasons.

Really? I can understand the second season, but I only thought they had around £20 million for the first season.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I think you are right actually. I forgot how much I got first season and just assumed it was the same as I got the 2nd season.

Oh and by the way, sorry to mention it, but could take another screenshot and roll down so I can see all the transfers made? :p 

'Cause the 7 transfers I can see in season one doesn't add up to £91 mil :p And likewise in season 2

6 minutes ago, Gungner said:

Oh and by the way, sorry to mention it, but could take another screenshot and roll down so I can see all the transfers made? :p 

'Cause the 7 transfers I can see in season one doesn't add up to £91 mil :p And likewise in season 2

You aint asking for much are you. Are you always this demanding lol.

image.thumb.png.0fa5de2ff11da095fc80369c8605df61.png

image.thumb.png.7e124093be9f7bcbe48b3ce41f06b660.png

And as a bonus to you here are my transfers so far

image.thumb.png.a917da2a9a7af5720453b5602bd58b9f.png

You aint asking for much are you. Are you always this demanding lol.

image.thumb.png.0fa5de2ff11da095fc80369c8605df61.png

image.thumb.png.7e124093be9f7bcbe48b3ce41f06b660.png

And as a bonus to you here are my transfers so far

image.thumb.png.a917da2a9a7af5720453b5602bd58b9f.png

Oh you don't know half of me, if you think this is demanding 😂

But it's extremely appriciated :) 

Rajkovic for £2 mil? Is he still as good as he was last year?

Edited by Gungner

He done alright for me last season.

image.thumb.png.1886f467c776d02e1e79705702dcf6da.png

Yeah, he looks good... He was always my cheap go-to goalkeeper last year.

This year, it's Wuilker Farinez from Millionarios. 

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@raymondafc A solid season to finish 7th, and unlucky you had PSG in the final. Good luck solving your away issues and finding a striker that's right for you.

@Ronaldo Beckham3rd is probably as low as you should ever finish with Monaco, given the cash you have and signings. Good luck closing the gap on PSG next season.

Yeah I was hoping for better as well. My squad is very young though so hopefully the team will grow together and get better as a team and as individuals.

10106700-16452613.jpg?v=1472304101

Racing Club de Lens: Season 1, December

Having managed to play on to Christmas, things are looking pretty good. We're 11 games unbeaten in the league, and 13 unbeaten in all competitions - which, I'm informed, is a club record :thup:.

wFHoYC3h.png?1

Unfortunately, there's a few too many draws in there, especially at home, which means we haven't managed to close the gap on the league leaders.

A3J3cq9h.png?1

More important for now, team cohesion is in the green (just) and we're playing better football. Mauricio continues to drive the team with 12 goals, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.65. Julien Ngoy is also contributing with 7 goals and 2 assists in 15 league games. The only real area of concern is our inability to break down ultra-defensive teams, hence those home draws. If I can solve that tactical puzzle we'll be in good shape.

Unfortunately, we'll almost certainly lose our unbeaten status in the New Year - first game of 2020 sees us face PSG in the cup :eek:

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Racing Club de Lens: Season 1, December

Having managed to play on to Christmas, things are looking pretty good. We're 11 games unbeaten in the league, and 13 unbeaten in all competitions - which, I'm informed, is a club record :thup:.

Unfortunately, there's a few too many draws in there, especially at home, which means we haven't managed to close the gap on the league leaders.

More important for now, team cohesion is in the green (just) and we're playing better football. Mauricio continues to drive the team with 12 goals, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.65. Julien Ngoy is also contributing with 7 goals and 2 assists in 15 league games. The only real area of concern is our inability to break down ultra-defensive teams, hence those home draws. If I can solve that tactical puzzle we'll be in good shape.

Unfortunately, we'll almost certainly lose our unbeaten status in the New Year - first game of 2020 sees us face PSG in the cup :eek:

That's consistent form. The top four already have a very big gap to those below, so you can focus on looking up rather than over your shoulder.

Breaking down weaker teams at home can be a problem for sure. It will only take one or two small changes, good luck finding the solution :thup:

Transfer window has opened...

image.thumb.png.3a04e12c4559f9d61b171708d53cd7a5.png

I agreed a deal for Kane back in January and actually forgot about it! I decided to make Kolodziejczak's loan permanent, he was a solid performer last season and for £3.9m it was a no-brainer. Koch has come in as Saliba's replacement and I'm really pleased with this one. I expect Koch and Kolo to be my first choice pairing.

I tried to bring in a transfer listed Seferovic from SLB but he was demanding ridiculous wages so that fell through. The search for a striker continues, I tried to get Zirkzee in on loan but for some reason I was only allowed to offer 20% of his wages despite a £100k pw space in my wage budget. 

EDIT: I didn't have £100k at all, my budget hadn't taken new contracts into account! Small budget adjustment made and loan offer submitted.

Edited by raymondafc

49 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Transfer window has opened...

EDIT: I didn't have £100k at all, my budget hadn't taken new contracts into account! Small budget adjustment made and loan offer submitted.

Yeah, I discovered that the hard way  too... I signed Willian and Marcos Rojo with Ajax, and their wages didn't start before the next budget as well. Took a big toll 😁

Our strength is as the strength of 12 because our hearts are pure...

Yy35LSQh.png?1

Incredible performance from the lads, we were 3-1 ahead at one point but Mbappe :onmehead:

We were immense for 120 minutes, and even immenser in the shootout.

Monaco Season 3 Mid Season Review

First of all transfers.

My big transfer in was Boubakary Soumare to form a nice midfield with Camavinga. I am looking into get Ndombele to sit just behind them 2 in an awesome 3 man midfield.

I signed Soumare for £30m. Decent fee for such a good player.

He is performing really well so far.

image.thumb.png.54107ed7bd5c16217fed587c15b2e613.png

I also signed Talles Magno, the Brazilian winger hasn't done that well so far but he is still young so he should get better in time.

image.thumb.png.7307f0f67113f1ab3777c4f6c933c84b.png

I wanted a French keeper so I signed Mike Maignan (Thanks Jogo lol), he has been steady so far.

image.thumb.png.4eb151a91aea4c0911622afbb7d899eb.png

My best player so far was one the DOF made by signing Czech International player Adam Hlozek, he has been brilliant so far with 9 goals in 16 games and 4 assists.

image.thumb.png.ee3fd8f1582e35f89c44c3deb5d85bf9.png

I sold Gelson Martins for £75m to Inter, It was too good of an offer for him and was good business for the club.

I also sold Jason Denayor for £15m to Newcastle as I felt like he wouldn't get any better and sold him while I could get good money for him.

I am currently 3rd in the league, I am 1 point behind Lyon who are 2nd. PSG again are destroying the league with 12 point lead over me.

I got knocked out of the Champions League by goal difference.

image.thumb.png.2e56f168dff9828af20624f2916b0252.png

Jonathan David is joint top scorer of Hlozek with 9 goals each.

image.thumb.png.c9940b19def41fc773ac40f90b14adec.png

Thiago Almada continues to get better and better. He has 7 assists and 7 goals so far.

I can't see me keeping him for long as he will have the big clubs after him soon.

image.thumb.png.29f4448410b0f9aba71a6e73b2793a56.png

@Ronaldo Beckham

I've just read through all your Monaco updates,  and was just wondering... How did you buy all those players in season one for what Monaco has available, and how did you still pass the FFP?

Also, how have you done in the Champions League, and have you won any Cups? (Coupe de France or Coupe de la Ligue).

Edited by Gungner

4 hours ago, Gungner said:

@Ronaldo Beckham

I've just read through all your Monaco updates,  and was just wondering... How did you buy all those players in season one for what Monaco has available, and how did you still pass the FFP?

Also, how have you done in the Champions League, and have you won any Cups? (Coupe de France or Coupe de la Ligue).

To answer your first question I don't know but I keep getting new sponsorship deals mid season so I think my chairman is helping me out.

I won both the French cups in my first and failed to qualify past the group stages of the Champions League the last 3 seasons.

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

To answer your first question I don't know but I keep getting new sponsorship deals mid season so I think my chairman is helping me out.

I won both the French cups in my first and failed to qualify past the group stages of the Champions League the last 3 seasons.

That's cool. At least you get Europa League then. I see you got Tiago Almada. He has absolutely no interest in talking to me 😆

Maybe that'll change in January.

Plus, I couldn't help notice that you replaced almost the entire team in season one. Was that a deliberate decision?

Edited by Gungner

1 hour ago, Gungner said:

That's cool. At least you get Europa League then. I see you got Tiago Almada. He has absolutely no interest in talking to me 😆

Maybe that'll change in January.

Plus, I couldn't help notice that you replaced almost the entire team in season one. Was that a deliberate decision?

I do that a lot with whomever I take over. I just like to put my own stamp on it. Plus a lot of Monaco's starting squad was either too old or rubbish or both. 

Jorge and Badashile are first team regulars still but yeah the rest of the squad is different then the squad I took over when I I first started.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I do that a lot with whomever I take over. I just like to put my own stamp on it. Plus a lot of Monaco's starting squad was either too old or rubbish or both. 

Jorge and Badashile are first team regulars still but yeah the rest of the squad is different then the squad I took over when I I first started.

That's fair enough. I just don't agree that the players are too old or too rubbish. I'm second in the league, come January with most of the original squad. Only made two signings for the starting line-up, as I didn't have the money for transfers you had. 

1 minute ago, Gungner said:

That's fair enough. I just don't agree that the players are too old or too rubbish. I'm second in the league, come January with most of the original squad. Only made two signings for the starting line-up, as I didn't have the money for transfers you had. 

Do you buy the players outright or do the deals over 48 months as I space the deals out over 48 months so it gives me a bigger budget.

Do you buy the players outright or do the deals over 48 months as I space the deals out over 48 months so it gives me a bigger budget.

No, I buy them outright. I never do the payments deals, as they give me a smaller budget for the next season. 

Just now, Gungner said:

No, I buy them outright. I never do the payments deals, as they give me a smaller budget for the next season. 

Oh ok that is the reason why I have had money to spend. It don't matter how we do it as long as you enjoy it. No need to be envious of me. You are doing well.

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh ok that is the reason why I have had money to spend. It don't matter how we do it as long as you enjoy it. No need to be envious of me. You are doing well.

So do you always offer £0, and then what you want to pay over 6 and 12 months?
And how did you manage to sell Jovetic in the first window, when he's out injured for a long time :p 

Just now, Gungner said:

And how did you manage to sell Jovetic in the first window, when he's out injured for a long time :p 

I don't understand the constant questions. I aint cheating but even if I was does it really bother you that much lol. I promise I aint though as cheating is the easiest way to get bored of a save/game.

I don't offer £0, lets say its £20 spaced over 4 seasons that will mean it will be £5m initially in that deal and the remaining £15m spaced over the next 3 seasons I think.

Also I have different editor files then you so he probably wasn't injured as I use this Pro1 data update all the time and update it with them files before I ever start a new save so I have recent transfers etc.

So Jovetic probably wasn't injured when I had it in my save.

I don't understand the constant questions. I aint cheating but even if I was does it really bother you that much lol. I promise I aint though as cheating is the easiest way to get bored of a save/game.

I don't offer £0, lets say its £20 spaced over 4 seasons that will mean it will be £5m initially in that deal and the remaining £15m spaced over the next 3 seasons I think.

Also I have different editor files then you so he probably wasn't injured as I use this Pro1 data update all the time and update it with them files before I ever start a new save so I have recent transfers etc.

So Jovetic probably wasn't injured when I had it in my save.

I'm not implying that you are cheating at all :)

I was merely curious, as I have never used the spaced payments in any FM before :) 

I was also just curious as Jovetic is out for around 6 months with the latest SI patch/update. I thought you were using that one, hence my question.

I was in no way trying to imply that you were cheating, I was simply wondering how you did what  you did :)

Just now, Gungner said:

I'm not implying that you are cheating at all :)

I was merely curious, as I have never used the spaced payments in any FM before :) 

I was also just curious as Jovetic is out for around 6 months with the latest SI patch/update. I thought you were using that one, hence my question.

I was in no way trying to imply that you were cheating, I was simply wondering how you did what  you did :)

No it is fine mate, I just thought you were annoyed with me for how I am playing my save with all the questions but I think we have both clarified ourselves to the other so its all good.

Enjoy the rest of yourt save with Monaco.

26 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just got sacked at Monaco for failing to be the best of the rest despite the fact that I was 3rd in the league. WTF. 

Seems harsh! I guess only 2nd would be 'best of the rest' but it's a vague goal to be judged on.

Hope they appreciate you at Metz.

4 minutes ago, warlock said:

Seems harsh! I guess only 2nd would be 'best of the rest' but it's a vague goal to be judged on.

Cheers mate, less expectations at FC Metz.

I was well annoyed as I got myself a nice little squad with Monaco. 

Just looking at my FC Metz squad again as I aint played the save in a while.

FC Metz 2024-2025 End Of Season Review

So when I reloaded my FC Metz save it was at the end of the season but I didn't do a end of season review with them on here so here it is.

I managed a very good 2nd place which is my best position with FC Metz so far.

image.thumb.png.17f993810d85212106df4c2cd20d651b.png#

My main main Jean-Marie Royer(regen) was the main reason for my 2nd position in the league with 34 goals in 42 games.

image.thumb.png.034ad8671ae4c4b56e482e9285141296.png

The other reason I done so well was the 26 assists, yes 26 assists and 12 goals by Djibrail Dib. What a player. He will also be joining the club permantly for £6m in the summer. What a bargain.

image.thumb.png.ef6279a698fd464cd158311843444c09.png

Royer won the club's Player Of The Season award, followed by 2nd place Claudio Gomes and then Djibrail Dib.

image.thumb.png.8d8d9b4c0cdd210c2514e2a66ba0af59.png

Dib's assists set a new team record breaking his previous record of 16 assists the season before.

image.thumb.png.71ce2a945947e7bda7892d6d553cd7db.png

Royer sets a new team record for most Player Of The Match's with 12 Man Of The Match's beating previous legend Diallo's previous record of 9.

image.thumb.png.54ec387d6f1d4d5c722f2126ace4b0b1.png

My Goalie Paul Bernardoni set a new team record with 23 clean sheets for the season, beating Marco Bizkot's previous record of 19 he set 3 seasons before.

image.thumb.png.26871560bbb48a62687995fc9e00514a.png

Dib set a new record in the French League for most assists in a season beating Neymar's previous record he set in 2022.

image.thumb.png.7932009f6fd876ed74d6cffdc49cdc64.png

3 of my players got into the French League Team Of The Season 

image.thumb.png.11faa84452aacbfb15e8fb1889e7e106.png

Royer got the Ligue 1 Conforama Best Player Award.

image.thumb.png.e46b943ed72140842175680333d10034.png

Dib got the French Ligue Most Assists Award.

image.thumb.png.549e4dbc0cf143cf69508783b4e458f0.png

Royer won the Ligue 1 Top Scorer award.

image.thumb.png.324665f7e061c20ca7ac3cac5f41db22.png

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Yeah, well that particular goal is described as being 2nd best... 

On 08/07/2020 at 21:35, Gungner said:

When building my Marseille team, I'd always offer the minimum up front and overpay in installments if I had to.  I put the club in a lot of transfer debt but knew I could pay it off if I kept making the CL. 

It is the only way to build a team capable of really challenging PSG. And clubs do it all the time IRL. 

Racing Club de Lens: Season 1, end of year report

As we entered the new year, we were enjoying mixed fortunes. We were firmly in the playoff spots, but some way off the league leaders. But the headline news was an extraordinary run in the cup that saw us defeat PSG after a nerve-shredding penalty shootout, and then an even better performance that saw us better Lyon 2-1 in normal time. Unfortunately, our reward for these heroics was a visit to Nice where our luck ran out in a 0-1 defeat. Even more unfortunate was the effect this run had on our league form, as we recorded just two wins in our first six league games of the year, including a disappointing home loss to Lorient.

6nVazzxh.png?1

In the event, this proved to be our last loss of the season as we embarked on a brilliant run of form that saw us drop just 6 points from our final 14 games:

pTWpMmIh.png?1

Although even this wasn't enough to overhaul the vast gap to a brilliant FCSM side who were worthy champions, we nevertheless over-achieved by securing the automatic playoff spot. We never did find a way out of our complete reliance on superstar winger Tony Mauricio, who finished as our top scorer and leading provider of assists by some margin. No suprise that he also secured the most PoM awards, contributing to 34 goals in 42 appearances. Loan striker Julien Ngoy provided 13 goals in 39 matches, and would have done much better had he learned the essential art of not being offside.

In defence, our own Three Musketeers in central defence, Zakaria Diallo, Aleksandar Radovanovic and Steven Fortes, can take much of the credit for a great season, helping us to a league leading defensive record of 23 clean sheets and just 21 goals conceded.

CrQFR6Sh.png?1

Looking ahead to next season the squad will require some new faces, both because we have a few players who have reached the end of their careers, and because much of the squad wasn't good enough for L2, let alone the top flight. On the other hand, there are number of youngsters on the fringes of the first team who will need careful assessment and opportunities. The board has made £16m available for transfers, with a substantial increase in the wage budget too, so reinforcements are definitely possible.

Edited by warlock

3 hours ago, warlock said:

Racing Club de Lens: Season 1, end of year report

As we entered the new year, we were enjoying mixed fortunes. We were firmly in the playoff spots, but some way off the league leaders. But the headline news was an extraordinary run in the cup that saw us defeat PSG after a nerve-shredding penalty shootout, and then an even better performance that saw us better Lyon 2-1 in normal time. Unfortunately, our reward for these heroics was a visit to Nice where our luck ran out in a 0-1 defeat. Even more unfortunate was the effect this run had on our league form, as we recorded just two wins in our first six league games of the year, including a disappointing home loss to Lorient.

6nVazzxh.png?1

In the event, this proved to be our last loss of the season as we embarked on a brilliant run of form that saw us drop just 6 points from our final 14 games:

pTWpMmIh.png?1

Although even this wasn't enough to overhaul the vast gap to a brilliant FCSM side who were worthy champions, we nevertheless over-achieved by securing the automatic playoff spot. We never did find a way out of our complete reliance on superstar winger Tony Mauricio, who finished as our top scorer and leading provider of assists by some margin. No suprise that he also secured the most PoM awards, contributing to 34 goals in 42 appearances. Loan striker Julien Ngoy provided 13 goals in 39 matches, and would have done much better had he learned the essential art of not being offside.

In defence, our own Three Musketeers in central defence, Zakaria Diallo, Aleksandar Radovanovic and Steven Fortes, can take much of the credit for a great season, helping us to a league leading defensive record of 23 clean sheets and just 21 goals conceded.

CrQFR6Sh.png?1

Looking ahead to next season the squad will require some new faces, both because we have a few players who have reached the end of their careers, and because much of the squad wasn't good enough for L2, let alone the top flight. On the other hand, there are number of youngsters on the fringes of the first team who will need careful assessment and opportunities. The board has made £16m available for transfers, with a substantial increase in the wage budget too, so reinforcements are definitely possible.

Good luck in Ligue 1 ... Hope you get the reinforcements you want.

I'm looking forward to hearing more :)

So, my first season as AS Monaco manager has come to an end, and it has been a fairly succesfull one. The League table finished like this:

511556500_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.be73492d9641f9ccbae78b2f1b94fed1.png

I was actually very close to catching PSG, but a bad run of results saw them run away. But I'll take the silver-medal. 

We did manage to pick up some gold along the way though, as we first defeated PSG in the Coupe de la Ligue final:

2034984671_MonacovPSG_Review.thumb.png.2345d9c399613e40d8a417ee8e15b552.png

Our next piece of gold came in the Coupe de France, where we defeated surprise package Amiens in the final

814503465_AngersvMonaco_Review.thumb.png.0437dd3788f3ba3f422454772106f28f.png

With Europa League secured, we were still after the Champions League places, and we eventually secured them.

My transfers this season looks like this:

1480354820_ASMonaco_TransferHistory.thumb.png.7a4a28597e0a28d7e5985e1a8b87b617.png

So my first season is in the books, and season two is about to commence. I've been given a transfer kitty of £56 million, and the persuit for reinforcements has begun. 

8 hours ago, warlock said:

Even more unfortunate was the effect this run had on our league form, as we recorded just two wins in our first six league games of the year, including a disappointing home loss to Lorient.

CrQFR6Sh.png?1

A disappointing loss to Lorient? I read and re-read this, but i just cannot see how this could be disappointing :lol:

I noticed the fixture date on that one, and it would seem that love was definitely in the air for that match...

However, your form after that defeat was sensational. Sochaux do appear to be very strong in most saves and finishing 2nd to them was a great achievement.

Looking at the face of Tony Mauricio above, I'd say there is definitely room for new faces :cool: but seriously, he had a great season and i hope you can cobble together a competitive squad for next season.

@Gungner Winning two cups and finishing 2nd to PSG was also a fine season for you. Monaco and OL are definitely the main challengers to PSG.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

14 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

i just cannot see how this could be disappointing

All home defeats are disappointing, but - of course! - if I'm going to lose, there's no-one I'd rather lose to :D