L'Etoile Rouge // Red Star FC : Mission Paris

karanhsingh

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very steady form, even better if depleted by injuries :thup:

Thanks. PSG's points and goals tally is just scary though frankly. I cannot fathom how we will catch up. Neymar, Mbappe, Mane and Icardi is just too good to compete with! 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I have hired good physios. Honestly the training I have no idea about I leave it to the staff. 

Open the Training screen. open Calendar. You will see the weekdays split into 3 blocks, left click on any block and you should be allowed to change it. If you want.

I leave the General training plan to my AssMan but I modify every schedule to my liking. More Training especially set pieces, Extra Curricular (team bonding, community relations), and recovery especially after matches.

39 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Open the Training screen. open Calendar. You will see the weekdays split into 3 blocks, left click on any block and you should be allowed to change it. If you want.

I leave the General training plan to my AssMan but I modify every schedule to my liking. More Training especially set pieces, Extra Curricular (team bonding, community relations), and recovery especially after matches.

Thanks I'll give it a gander. Yes for some games more set pieces may be useful. 

FEBRUARY 2023 UPDATE

398430816_feb23.thumb.jpg.3023c16f0597d636ef29f371cfc7b084.jpg

8 fixtures again, and an excellent month it has to be said as we won 7 out of them. We blew past Galatasary in the Europa league after a scare, to be rewarded with a trip to Old Trafford as mentioned above. In the league the most impressive win was our 6-0 at home against Angers which is also the biggest win of the career till date. The only slight blip being the away narrow loss to St. Etienne. 

This has seen us climb to 2nd in the table on GD above Lyon (although a full 11 points off PSG) - however we also do have a horror run coming up next month of Lyon, Monaco and PSG back to back. If we can get through that without much damage, I would fancy our chances of achieving UCL football for next year.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Di Maria makes his comeback after 6 weeks, coming on as a sub in the 73rd minute. Two minutes later...

1880213958_dimariainj.thumb.jpg.9d67039180e21ac9be646bb8d6482a3c.jpg

This has turned out to be the most disastrous of buys, in the history of football ever :lol:

Good for shirt sales if nothing else!!

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

FEBRUARY 2023 UPDATE

398430816_feb23.thumb.jpg.3023c16f0597d636ef29f371cfc7b084.jpg

8 fixtures again, and an excellent month it has to be said as we won 7 out of them. We blew past Galatasary in the Europa league after a scare, to be rewarded with a trip to Old Trafford as mentioned above. In the league the most impressive win was our 6-0 at home against Angers which is also the biggest win of the career till date. The only slight blip being the away narrow loss to St. Etienne. 

This has seen us climb to 2nd in the table on GD above Lyon (although a full 11 points off PSG) - however we also do have a horror run coming up next month of Lyon, Monaco and PSG back to back. If we can get through that without much damage, I would fancy our chances of achieving UCL football for next year.

C'est magnifique! Great form still, hope the tough run goes well.

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

and I just offered him a end of contract deal.

He's great! Hope he does well for you.

10 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

Good for shirt sales if nothing else!!

LOL hope so.

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

C'est magnifique! Great form still, hope the tough run goes well.

Thank you!

Guys I cannot even comprehend what has just happened. We go into a tough game away against Man United missing our first choice AM and DC. One minute in they get a ridiculous penalty which is converted. Minutes later, our other first choice CB Tapsoba, who has made a blistering start to his Red Star career, goes down injured. Minutes later, our best AMR Tramoni who has recently come back from injury, also gets injured. We actually play very well for the rest of the half, until United score from a direct counter-attacking long-ball in the 47th minute. I would have been OK to go into the break 1-0 down, but 2-0 makes it tough. Still, not insurmountable.

What happens next is unbelievable. United score not one more, but two more goals in first half stoppage time, which are an exact replica. Basically, Jota notches a hat-trick of long-ball counter-attacking goals between the 2nd and the 4th minute of stoppage time. It is unreal, I literally have no words. 

We played well in the second half and hit the post apart from a string of excellent saves from De Gea. Eventually, we lost the match 6-1.

20200531130923_1.thumb.jpg.fe2b35e8c2b5ba8ac90637189d1a704d.jpg

And after the match, this is the news I get. Probably our best player right now and he has even scored 5 goals in his first 12 Red Star games.

1269522363_tapsobainj.thumb.jpg.3bfff7742ab61c5c1229771c113dc80d.jpg

I am absolutely tearing my hair out :seagull::seagull::seagull:

EDIT - also apparently Tapsoba's strength has gone from 12 to 10 as a result of this injury. Like seriously WTF

Edited by karanhsingh

Injuries are a real problem for teams with tight budgets. We don't have a world class backup sitting on the bench like PSG.

My problem has been niggling injuries (just bad enough to keep out of squad) that happen just before game time...to the backup players I'm trying to give game time. (to keep happy) 

The only good thing about that United result is that we followed it up with a nice, easy home game to get back to winning ways. Or so I thought...

20200531144257_1.thumb.jpg.3cbb7af48aa95d75362d3c1d9fa36af8.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. So frustrated.

Very unlucky against Man Utd, the way it happened was frustrating - especially losing your top player on top of it.

You did know that the word 'Strasbourg' translates to 'smash and grab' in English, right? Actually it doesn't, but that's exactly what they've done there.

Hold your nerve, you'll bounce back soon enough.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Very unlucky against Man Utd, the way it happened was frustrating - especially losing your top player on top of it.

You did know that the word 'Strasbourg' translates to 'smash and grab' in English, right? Actually it doesn't, but that's exactly what they've done there.

Hold your nerve, you'll bounce back soon enough.

Hahaha I actually thought that's what it means for a second :lol:

I can't wait to play man united again in Europe!! Don't know if you would recall but in my sunderland save I lost my last ever game to them as well in the Europa final and again it was scarcely deserved. 

MARCH 2023 UPDATE

246905787_march23.thumb.jpg.76d4ee21ae1ae4e5f911b99804d35a52.jpg

It was a strange & frustrating month, it has to be said. Both because of the results and injuries. I must say that we actually played well in every single game, even the capitulation at Old Trafford. Just a matter of the opposition taking their chances and us not.

The home game against Strasbourg was absolutely ridiculous, one of the worst "smash & grabs" I have ever experienced :mad:. We did follow it up with a resounding home win against Rennes and seemed like we had turned a corner, but then despite another very positive & battling display in Monaco we went down to a 1-0 defeat. This was also significant because they are our main competition for the Champions League spots. 

We did finish the month on a high with a hard-fought late win in Lyon, which took us above them in the table to 2nd place. It is so close though, there are 2 points between us, Lyon & Monaco with only 2 of these 3 teams able to qualify for the Champions League. Hopefully, it will not be us missing out like last season. 

We need our injured players to come back, we need to stop more injuries, and we also need to re-learn how to defend set pieces. We conceded a set piece goal in every single game in March, and indeed our first game of April too. I have literally started exclusively training for defending set pieces before every single game now :lol:

APRIL 2023 UPDATE

A much better month, in terms of results if not injuries.

1018846334_april2023.thumb.jpg.2b9688169134ea176ca07db6be4e949a.jpg

It was a very busy month again but save the customary defeat against PSG, we have done very well, particularly in defense. Both strikers Ambrose and Kouanda stepped up to the plate with all our wingers being injured, we also changed formation at times and went with a winger-less 4-4-2 for a couple of games.

This now leaves the league table looking a lot more comfortable for our chances of making it to the Champions League next season.

1951785255_tablemarch2023.thumb.jpg.bec25b8c3f4b3d70ee4ae66cc6cb8ca9.jpg

I don't see Monaco catching up with us anymore, now it is about seeing if we can pip Lyon to second place, which would mean direct entry into the UCL group stage as well as an extra 4 odd million in prize money.

Meanwhile, I also signed another contract extension which bumps up my weekly earning by another 3 grand :D

1761599109_newcontract2023.thumb.jpg.173f75a55991aad3edf08ef4d85df2a8.jpg

MAY 2023 UPDATE

So I literally had to play out the month twice, but here are our final fixtures from the 2022-23 season.

168954365_may23.thumb.jpg.6707b79af58925fcf47b3a63dde7b027.jpg

We finished the year on a high with a solid, unbeaten run, which helped us seal Champions League football for the first time in the club's history! Not only that, we also managed to pip Lyon to 2nd place which means more prize money :D and a direct entry into the UCL group phase thankfully.

732079068_finaltable23.thumb.jpg.9ee71de72a2b2e3aa28e9c1d004fae7b.jpg

As you will see though, PSG won it at an absolute canter. They were truly unbelievable this season and I think they are the best side in the world on my save. I can't wait for them to either sell Mbappe or at least for Neymar & Mane to get old and less effective.

Despite our heroics this season we have finished 23 points behind our Parisian neighbours, compared to 24 points last year. So at this rate another 24 seasons and we will over-take them :lol:

SQUAD STATS & REVIEW

formation.thumb.jpg.cc8c61296fc64938cb9e38e5f62e4dc8.jpg

This was our most often used formation and team, although we had a LOT of rotation, not least due to the constant spate of injuries.

1927382669_squadstats23.thumb.jpg.714499e4e356656fe2d00b1571c156ed.jpg

The squad stats, special mentions for the following players: (others playing in France do check some of them out!)

In defence, Oumar Solet was magnificent and probably our player of the season. He has really been amazing for us and is now attracting interest from the Premier League. Edmond Tapsoba has also been superb since signing for us in January and we really missed him when he was out injured for a while. Interestingly he is also now our designated penalty taker.

In midfield, I think Christian Kouan has been a solid addition and given us some steel, while forming an excellent partnership with Rayan Ravelson who was given more of a license to dictate play this season. On the wings, both the Tramoni brothers have performed well this season and hit double figures for assists, although I will be looking for a few more goals from them. Franck Zadi seems to have made the AMC spot his on with 8 goals & 13 assists, partly also due to Said Arab missing more than half the season injured.

Finally in attack, Thierry Ambrose finishes top scorer again with 20 goals, although a lower return than last year. Abdoulaye Kouanda has come on leaps & bounds this year and is really staking a claim having finished the season strongly reaching a total of 13 goals. Titouan Roger had an excellent break-out season and had actually already notched his 12 goals by February after which a succession of injuries limited his playing time.

My only complaint/ disappointment from this season is that the progress of a few young stars particularly Roger & Tramoni has been halted due to injuries, but they have time on their side and hopefully we can bring them back on track.

31 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I forgot that u bought Solet and loaned Alpha Sissokho . happy about the last one ? he is my backup wingback and Solet my DCL (on loan). Don't have a option to buy him in the future.

Solet is excellent as you can see. We got him for around 2 million I think he was listed. 

Alpha did very well in Ligue 2 and we would have taken him back but he broke his leg and was out for 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

A superb 2nd position, really good work there. Whatever country or club, your successes as a manager are always consistently impressive. Good luck with next season, if this means the machine has been fixed.

Thank you :thup:

The machine seems to not be troubling me today so fingers crossed. Yesterday was frustrating as I twice lost a month's worth of progress. 

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

Excellent season :thup:

Looks like it could be really challenging in overthrowing PSG,I have faith in you to do so.

Thanks! Definitely going to be a massive challenge, but one step at a time.