Assistant Manager & Scout in FMT

Would love to get an official answer on this. I've done some searches but mixed answers have added to my confusion

FMT Assistant Manager Coaching

Due to the fact FMT doesn't have any coaches and assistant manager taking charge or training, I always assumed it was very important in FMT to get an assistant manager with high coaching abilities, but on some old FMT thread I've read only you clubs rep and training facilities affect training effectiveness. Please can we get a penultimate answer on this?

FMT Chief Scout

Despite being 9 slots, I've never managed to get more scouting staff than 7 on FMT is this the limit? How do you get more?

Re the latter - I think number of scouts depends on your club's stature and/or finances. IIRC at Napoli I had 7 or 9 scouts while after taking over at AS Beziers (French Ligue 2) I only have 4. Pretty sure the previous season I had only 3, if in fact it was increased then I can't remember any info about the extra slot filled.

On 21/05/2020 at 09:58, scwiffy said:

FMT Assistant Manager Coaching

Due to the fact FMT doesn't have any coaches and assistant manager taking charge or training, I always assumed it was very important in FMT to get an assistant manager with high coaching abilities, but on some old FMT thread I've read only you clubs rep and training facilities affect training effectiveness. Please can we get a penultimate answer on this?

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Someone from SI would definitely be better placed to answer this but I had a save with Feyenoord sometime back and they have an awful assistant manager to start the game (0.5 stars). Instead of replacing him at the start I kept him for the first season and I still saw decent growth from my players. No real notable regressions (apart from injuries and one older player started to dip) and the youngsters in my lineup improved quite a bit with game time and really good facilities.

With scouting you have to either hire a scout who has a higher capacity or your existing one automatically improves and increases his capacity. I've always personally found 6-7 sufficient. If I have 6 I usually set them out like this: next opposition, general (no specification, so your scout goes through your entire scouting range), Europe, South America, your club's region, your club's nation. I find that covers a decent amount of players and I'm never short of options. I never use the player search feature so I rely on my scouts heavily.

Edited by rafaelbenitez