Is it time for a change?

I have been at my beloved Nottingham Forest for 7 years now and am wondering whether it might be time to move on. 

I was just wondering what experiences you have had and what choices you have made in the past.

For me, I have an attachment with Forest as 1. I support them and 2. I have been there for so long! I'm trying to ignore past achievements and future opportunities and focus on the "present times".

What would you do? It would be great to see different opinions!

I usually do as you have with United saves (as a fan ofc) but I generally manage lower teams bringing them up. Once I've done that I usually go abroad, usually portugal as their rules are quite open only downside is your players get poached the minute they turn good- it's a great challenge.

Span yourself around the works and try new stuff, maybe play a season of such in spain, portugal, germany etc. Or go to brazil/US, tough place for short term saves imo and a great challenge. 

I have a big soft spot for the tricky trees and I'm a QPR fan.

Yeah when you know you know mate  it's time to move on. This has happened to me in various saves over the years. You lose that excitement and will to win and the save becomes dull.

You've done your bit for the club and city, time for a new challenge my friend.

1 hour ago, Amnesia92 said:

I have a big soft spot for the tricky trees and I'm a QPR fan.

Yeah when you know you know mate  it's time to move on. This has happened to me in various saves over the years. You lose that excitement and will to win and the save becomes dull.

You've done your bit for the club and city, time for a new challenge my friend.

I'm not to sure whether to go abroad or have a stab at the Championship again! 

That's a legit question. I've done it all: from 10 years in one club all the way to a radical global journeyman (5 clubs in 7 years). I'm usually looking for a bigger challenge at a richer club. I follow Loki Doki's view on the number of stars that I have vs the number of stars that the potential club has.

Bottom line is, after a couple of years of achievements and improving any given club, I open my eye to potentially moving to a club that has more stars than I do as a coach.

Here's a question, has anyone ever been back to a club in the same save? I've build a world-beating squad of the future at Norwich an like the idea of jumping ship to a 'top four' team and taking one or two with me, winning the league and returning back to Norwich to finish the job (and undoubtedly try to recover and put right mismanagement by the AI in my absence. I don't know if Norwich would hate me for leaving though. It'd spoil the game for me if I ended up as 'disliked personel'

In my current save I've managed Atalantas twice. When you play a club that you've previously managed the press conference questions always assume that there's bad between you and the club but starting with FM20 there are always a couple answers to the effect that you really like the previous club. I always take this route and am hoping to get the opportunity to return to one of the other clubs I've managed during this save.