FM20 AI managers

In FM19 we discussed how the manager a team has doesn't seem to make much difference to the quality of the team. I.e. if a top manager takes charge of a, let's say, not so big club, or nation, that team starts to play better. Has this been improved in FM20 or is it the same?

12 minutes ago, WojciechZed said:

In FM19 we discussed how the manager a team has doesn't seem to make much difference to the quality of the team. I.e. if a top manager takes charge of a, let's say, not so big club, or nation, that team starts to play better. Has this been improved in FM20 or is it the same?

I think the obvious difference it will make is the play style and preferred formation of the team. If the manager suits the team more then the team will do better.

6 hours ago, WojciechZed said:

You have any examples of this you can share Carambau?

In my Milan save Manuel Pellegrini took over Monza and has led them from Serie B to mid table in Serie A in their first season in the top flight. They are the first promoted side I have seen during this save who have actually done anything other than struggle against relegation after they were promoted. I guess that this counts. Honestly though it is not something I have really paid attention to so much in my save, so I cannot give any more examples. I know Bologna have also been flirting with the Champion's League for a couple of seasons, but I do not know if that is a well known manager helping them because I cannot remember who is managing them.