Total Football (Very Fluid)

i've played with a total football tactic i made in fm21. everything worked so fine, traits and attributes were in detail to make it work. I mirrored my team to play the mezzala against the not so deep DM, switched to a 3-4diamond-3 to counter 5-3-2s and then in fm22 it doesn't work so good. At the beginning of course it was the matter of the kind of players i had but after 4 seasons with Newcastle and great players coming into the team it still doesn't seem right. I get the same runs from the Mezzala and the IW but generally we play long passes frequently and i can't find a way to "push" an opposition at his penalty area. In fm21 i could play against the best counter attacking teams in the game and make them leave the game with 0 shots on target and 3-4 goals against.

1364086426_juvetikitakafm21.png.ff199ca48b78f711a1c03f4706d9ce64.png

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DimitrisLar said:

i've played with a total football tactic i made in fm21. everything worked so fine, traits and attributes were in detail to make it work. I mirrored my team to play the mezzala against the not so deep DM, switched to a 3-4diamond-3 to counter 5-3-2s and then in fm22 it doesn't work so good. At the beginning of course it was the matter of the kind of players i had but after 4 seasons with Newcastle and great players coming into the team it still doesn't seem right. I get the same runs from the Mezzala and the IW but generally we play long passes frequently and i can't find a way to "push" an opposition at his penalty area. In fm21 i could play against the best counter attacking teams in the game and make them leave the game with 0 shots on target and 3-4 goals against.

If you play with Higher Tempo and maximum Pressing in FM22 you better have very fit players with good Stamina & Natural Fitness. Otherwise your players will be exhausted at the end of games and vulnerable to the opposition. 

Also, I don't like to force opponents inside, when defending, especially if you don't use a defend duty in midfield. DM-S is an aggressive role and once he is bypassed then your back for is exposed, considering you also have CWB there as well. Do your midfield players have the attributes to defend and protect the middle of your defense as well as create and support the offense?

Try to lower the tempo and/or the pressing and also try to use DM-D or even an Anchor Man. 

8 saat önce, DimitrisLar said:

I made some changes, you should try it.

fKYB8jb.pngqszJ0Xo.png

5 hours ago, yonko said:

If you play with Higher Tempo and maximum Pressing in FM22 you better have very fit players with good Stamina & Natural Fitness. Otherwise your players will be exhausted at the end of games and vulnerable to the opposition. 

Also, I don't like to force opponents inside, when defending, especially if you don't use a defend duty in midfield. DM-S is an aggressive role and once he is bypassed then your back for is exposed, considering you also have CWB there as well. Do your midfield players have the attributes to defend and protect the middle of your defense as well as create and support the offense?

Try to lower the tempo and/or the pressing and also try to use DM-D or even an Anchor Man. 

i don't really remember what i did there but i always used to force opponents wide and not central. 

about my middle players, they are all with great anticipation, good pace and good natural fitness. Anticipation is the stat that provides the team with far more interceptions than when i had players with high aggression. Of course My BPD(st) has both and its working pretty well but in the middle if i can't have players without aggression it means that xavi-iniesta-messi would never play in any total football team together. 

3 hours ago, levo in da house said:

I made some changes, you should try it.

fKYB8jb.pngqszJ0Xo.png

i've seen a lot of low tempo when people make tactics for fm22. In fm21 i had higher tempo and one player with slow down play as a trait to get the job done when he had to. The RPM and DM did that, now its my RPM.

thanks both of you, i'll try them adn see :)

Edited by DimitrisLar

• 2 months later...

@Ö-zil

Did you ever find your DLP in the DMC overcrowded or under too much pressure at times?

Particularly against a 4-2-3-1 when an opponent using an AMC. Did you make any changes?

Edited by Luizinho

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...