Goalkeeper 21M ???

lblanc

I've decided to go with him, 21M is a lot of money but as @Muttley84 says he'll easily be my keeper for the next 10 years (if I go that far of course- currently in season 7) 

My Current keeper was Lennart Grill but since I signed the above I offered him out and got a good offer of 3.5m for him which was double his value, (I tried to push it to 5m but it was a no go).

Grill has done me brilliantly for last few seasons but I think he is lacking at points the above is 100% an upgrade and then some.

To piggyback on this, hope you don't mind OP, but are GKs largely 'plug and play'?

Assuming they speak the language of your league and have adaptability if moving continents or leagues, as long as they are simply excellent keepers metrics wise (Yes certain styles/formations favour a sweeper keeper vs a 'stay at home' keeper for instance) is that enough?

Not at all.(For Piggybacking) it's an interesting discussion.

I don't think Goalkeepers are plug and play at all, they as you say they have to fit into the whichever formation  and style you have play.

For example one of the main reason I was looking for a new keeper was due to Grill 1) being inconsistent under the high ball 2) being unable to start counter attacks.

The above should be well capable of this given his

1) Aerial Reach and Command of area (his bravery will hopefully improve with age)

2) His kicking and throwing ability as well as his player trait.

Edited by lblanc

That's a good point on the counter attack I hadn't thought of much. My guy is decent, and my two prospects are too in that regards, but I was thinking them of shot-stoppers and sweepers and overlooking their Ederson-esqueness... seeing as I have distribute quickly in transition I should likely spend some time looking at that :-)

Edit: My 20yr old understudy has Passing-16, Throwing-12, Decisions-13, Vision-11. So that looks like a promising start (although first touch is awful), with a couple more years of training/cup matches.

Edited by CaptCanuck

Well of course the stats matter but a lot of what makes a player (in any position) imo is his hidden stats. 

For example you might have two wingers with say 15 crossing why does one cross more and more accurate then the other?

It is most likely due his hidden attributes in relation to consistency and ability to deal with pressure.

In terms of goalkeeper with the above he enjoys big games so he's more likely to stay calm in the dying minutes of a big game and only come for a cross he knows he'll catch 9/10 if not he'll stay back.

The only thing about Krauss which slightly worries me is his concentration which is 12 but he is only 21 so that will improve and even then his reflexes and decision making should make up for that until that attribute improves. 

Looks great! I'd definitely be looking to pick him up. 16 throwing with that PPM will be insane, imagine when he peaks! 

Only thing I've spotted is his first touch is a bit wobbly, and he's very one footed so your options using him in possession may be a bit limited. Definitely not the end of the world though.

5 hours ago, Spiegel said:

Looks great! I'd definitely be looking to pick him up. 16 throwing with that PPM will be insane, imagine when he peaks! 

Only thing I've spotted is his first touch is a bit wobbly, and he's very one footed so your options using him in possession may be a bit limited. Definitely not the end of the world though.

Yeah, his first touch isn't the best but I'll work on that amongst others things. 

Edited by lblanc