How can I advance faster?

7 hours ago, TheRobert said:

Hello. In my careers I move quite hard. I do a maximum of one month a day. How can I move faster?

Few things you could do off the top of my head apologies if some are obvious

• Run less leagues, or at least de-activate a few the further into a career you get
  • Go to Detail Level and set minimum for everything (the league you are currently in will still run in full detail so no worries there)
  • Enable continue game timeout to maybe 2 seconds when transfer windows are shut, this has completely revamped how quick my game progresses and it still stops for important things
  • Check your in-game subscriptions, I try to subscribe to nothing if I can
  • Make sure nothing else is running in the background (internet browsers etc)
  • I'm not sure if this is still an issue but i think it helps if you keep shortlists smaller

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the minute

Edited by Brother Ben

22 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

If you're just interested in flying through games, maybe give FM Touch a go. The career progression is much faster compared to the full fat FM.

Very true and you really don't miss out on anything.  Sadly most won't entertain the idea, I don't think the name helps to be honest.

I use touch exclusively for online play with friends, much smoother

On 27/05/2020 at 11:32, Brother Ben said:
  • Go to Detail Level and set minimum for everything (the league you are currently in will still run in full detail so no worries there)
  •  

Where I can find this? I'm on FM20 and couldn't find it under the preferences. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

37 minutes ago, interferemadly said:

Where I can find this? I'm on FM20 and couldn't find it under the preferences. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

image.thumb.png.3879c48e0e1e49dec616469033169163.png

Set the two dropdowns below to minimum

image.thumb.png.e682961802e1f3516a06193f88b9c551.png

Simple as that.

Mind you if anyone fancies an ultra realistic save set them both to maximum and run with all of @Timo61's 227 Nations Leagues add on 

Disclaimer - don't do it, seriously  :D - but do check out Timos leagues though they're great

Edited by Brother Ben

36 minutes ago, interferemadly said:

I started to holiday until next match to speed things up. Don't if there's a downside 

Yeah, you can miss stuff

Go into preferences and type in "continue" at the top then choose 2 seconds in the dropdown here

image.thumb.png.8ad278f61e18b500f998077f2b324ec3.png

the beauty of this is that you can interrupt it by clicking the mouse/keypad before the timer runs out and it also does stop for important things like job offers and transfers.

Another useful tip is to manage your subscriptions.  As I set my manager as Welsh it gives me Welsh football news constantly by default that I have no interest in especially if i'm managing in the Equatorial Guinean 4th Division

To amend this go to - inbox > social feed > manage 

Personally I click remove all but you may want to go through the dropdown menu at the top if you want to keep some of the stuff like certain shortlists.  Anything you remove will be less for the computer to process in the background.

Every season you will receive an email giving recommended subscriptions, make sure to click reject for this or it will re subscribe to things.

Hope this helps

Edited by Brother Ben

3 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

image.thumb.png.3879c48e0e1e49dec616469033169163.png

Tks. Already did it!

Yeah, you can miss stuff

I usually do this out of the transfer windows, but can miss stuff like press conferences, etc

Every season you will receive an email giving recommended subscriptions, make sure to click reject for this or it will re subscribe to things.

Very helpful!