What are some leagues that you love to scout?

Hello everyone, 

I am currently playing two saves. One on the lower leagues of england and one where I try to get Super Deport back to its former glory. I recently got promoted with Depor, trying to survive our first season back in the top flight. I mainly relied on free transfers - from withing La Liga - in this first season to try to build a solid squad that will help me survive. Thing is, I now have about 10 million pounds and 80 k per week in the budget and I can begin scouting for next season. 

I wanted to know which leagues have been the best for you to send scouts to. I personally have always loved sending scouts to Portugal. Their newgens are always incredible. Another one of my favorites is Sweden, I will never forget Erick Sorensson of FM14 fame, that guy scored so so many for me, probably my favorite newgen ever. 

Edited by Wenger6

Managing in England or Scotland, my teams tend to accumulate Italians, French, Spanish, Dutch, and Croatian players more than any other nationality. Of course, work permit and Brexit rules start to impact how many imports I can have. If I could only pick two international scouts to have on my team, I would pick Spanish and French scouts.

One thing I do ensure, though, is that I have all of the "good" leagues in Europe loaded as playable so that foreign player development and transfer business feels more realistic and worthwhile.

It depends on the club and a league I am playing in. When you have some money, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina can be great options. Currently in my save I moved to Romania so prospects from those nations are still a little expensive for me so I focus more on Serbia Croatia, Slovenia, Poland, Columbia, Mexico etc. I just signed great prospect for my club from Slovenia for only 250K Euro.

When I have some money available I like to manually scout U19, U21 world and european championships. I will just go to compatition player stats page and look through top scorer stats, key passes stats, key tackles, assists, average rating etc. and manually scout players I find interesting. Found some great players that way.

50 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

It depends on the club and a league I am playing in. When you have some money, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina can be great options. Currently in my save I moved to Romania so prospects from those nations are still a little expensive for me so I focus more on Serbia Croatia, Slovenia, Poland, Columbia, Mexico etc. I just signed great prospect for my club from Slovenia for only 250K Euro.

When I have some money available I like to manually scout U19, U21 world and european championships. I will just go to compatition player stats page and look through top scorer stats, key passes stats, key tackles, assists, average rating etc. and manually scout players I find interesting. Found some great players that way.

I'm very much the same - even when I'm at teams with a lot of money, some of the bargain future wonderkid regens you can find in the likes of Croatia and Serbia are superb. A fair chunk of my u18s at Dortmund are 4-5 star potential youth that have come through my youth system (I have affiliates in Spain, China, Australia, Croatia and Serbia that I can potentially get kids from through the youth system), or equally good 16/17 year olds I spotted in Croatia and Serbia, and bought for between £500k-2m each.

7 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm very much the same - even when I'm at teams with a lot of money, some of the bargain future wonderkid regens you can find in the likes of Croatia and Serbia are superb. A fair chunk of my u18s at Dortmund are 4-5 star potential youth that have come through my youth system (I have affiliates in Spain, China, Australia, Croatia and Serbia that I can potentially get kids from through the youth system), or equally good 16/17 year olds I spotted in Croatia and Serbia, and bought for between £500k-2m each.

I don't turn my back at potential bargains either. :D But my general aproach will shifts towards those nations where you can get them cheaper when it has to.

I went through stage on FM19 of buying the top goal scorer in Ligue 2 for about 3 seasons. Would get them for about £500k-£1.5m, keep them for a season and sell at the end after 20 odd goals for £3m-£5m.

On FM20, I've found the Serbian league a good place to get a number of cheap youth players.

Weirdly on my FM19 save my scouts keep finding players from that well known hotbed of football that is Iran. None of them appear to have any knowledge of Iran, nor is it an active league, but so far they found four good young prospects that I can remember. I signed a couple which is just as well considering it's outside my scouting range!

Turn on the south African league and check out their regens. They churn out loads of dirt cheap players that are fantastic for all kind of teams. You'll be amazed at how good some of their players can be and how cheap they are.