Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Whilst we very much appreciate every member of the community who takes the time to raise an issue and in nearly all cases our QA team will respond and log said issue, we can't guarantee every issue will be fixed. Our development team only has limited resources, be that personnel and time and every single issue logged within our bugs database has to be prioritised based on a number of factors. 

Something logged by you may well be extremely important in your opinion (especially so if it directly affects a way you play the game) but when viewed from an analytical perspective may well be in specific action which is done extremely rarely on a less frequently visited screen of the game. For that reason it'll be given a lower priority and there's a chance there may not be the time to address it. It may also be that an issue you raised we can't reproduce at our end, so we wouldn't be able to provide a simple fix. Or that in fact something is working by design even if to the way you play, you feel it's a bug. It may even be that in some cases, the functionality you assume should be there isn't catered for at all and would require an entire new feature to be added just to support it.  

Whilst I understand your frustration, just having a quick look at some of the threads you've posted there are some which absolutely have been fixed in updates since then. 'Newgen staff OP', 'Set Piece Instructions being ignored' and 'Getting notified about player on shortlist being transfer listed' were all threads created by you which have been fixed by the development team, so we very much appreciate you taking the time to raise them.

Thank you for the response. "Set Piece Instructions being ignored" has not been fixed. I raised this thread originally

before realising I had made an error and stated as such. After testing I noticed that I was correct after all and the defenders were not taking up correct positions on set pieces. I raised this thread the next day:

Jack Joyce stated you would look in to it. It was still there when the Beta came out so I raised it again:

I had no response. It's still an issue in game. Kana is my right back.

Capture.thumb.PNG.68b263d4b7b7affdc99283e2d4cbc661.PNG

Edited by Tiger666

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 47 Minuten schrieb themadsheep2001:

It's irrelevant whether youre doubtful or not, its not on you to go harassing people who have a different experience to you, which is how you've been coming across with this

If you want to see examples, Rashidi has more of them than anyone on the forums, since he's got his own channel to run

This trend of people chasing others for having different views really needs to stop on this forum.

Please point to examples where I have been harassing anyone, I dont think this is fair at all.

My comments have clear matter of fact questions and no harassment .

17 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's going to throw people a bit too, as they won't realise its different. Dunno if its possible but it would be good to find out which stats match Opta's definitions and which dont

I agree, Until i saw the Board vision which states they are Very disappointed with lack of posession style play,I didn't notice it at all. It may be hard to change but i think we should be similar to how Opta calculates Posession rather than Chess Clock version we have now. Would love to hear from Dev's why they left Posession calculation as it was now instead of changing it to reflect real life

Edited by ferrarinseb

DXGI crashes during matches from first day of beta to 20.3 update. Latest update has actually make things worse for me - now I get crashes even using low level of graphics or even commentary only. Drivers up to date, 3D graphics rated 5 stars, game speed rated 5 stars, opened a thread in bugs forum since early days of beta. This is totally unacceptable.

Not sure if this has always been in the ME for FM2020 but I do seem to see a return of the ...Aim corner toward back post / put biggest DC with good jumping/heading to increase chance of headed goals. I'm not actually sure how this relates in FM to total goals scored from corners, if the goals scored from my routine above is more successful than mixed corners or if i am simply blessed with a giant centre back who can score with his head. It would need a lot of time that I don't have. What is certain is that in FM he is scoring a lot more goals  than in real life

However to get a balance for my own sanity I did a quick search to identify that 23.4% of the premier leagues goals scored season 17/18 were from set pieces

Season 2018/19 146 goals were scored from corners in the premiership, the highest over the last 8 years (almost 14% of total goals scored) despite an overall reduction in corners awarded

It would seem that Southgate specifically targetted this as an area of opportunity for England in the World Cup. I think Hoddle coined the phrase of the players lining up for the corner in a "Love Train"

So  apart from all people reading my post and changing their corner routines what has been people's experience so far with corners and goals?

How does real life compare to FM?

7 games (6w 1d)

18 goals scored (1 against).

14 header goal 

assist:

9 cross (from 103 completed - the second team have 66)

(and 3 corner + 2 fk and only 1 TBall in a counter-attack)

I played with the 2 full back set with less cross, 

3 trequartista behind the lone striker and with both the 2 trequartista wider with less cross. 

Cross in TI are set LOW. 

My wider trequartista score the most of goals (5 and 4) and they have 12 and 11 at header. 

While my Striker score 1 (header)  with 19 in finishing 

Now,  my tactics is a little strange (as I said I used 3 trequartista) and with more expressive TI, so I can expect maybe that if they don't not finding enough space at center they decide to overwrite my PI, but at now seems to play at a Football Manager "Bierhoff edition".

Score from cross and with header should be less than this (and in generally less then with feet)

I’m personally not scoring enough headers. Not from corners. Not from crosses. Lots of back post goals being smashed in with feet either by a full back or a winger but not enough with their heads.

My main worry though is that I’m scoring hardly any by my lone ST. Pellegri. I’ve tried mixed crosses, whipped crosses. He just can’t seem to score many with his head. He scored 28 goals last season.

Of course, he does score a few, maybe 1 in 5 goals with his head. But not enough for my liking.

I also can’t seem to get my corners working. I have 2 CB’s that are both amazing in the air. But they just don’t seem to be able to score. 

Of course they’ve scored a few, around 5 each in the past few seasons. But not enough for my liking.

I don’t understand what’s happening. I should be scoring bucket loads of headers.

11 minuti fa, Tyburn ha scritto:

I’m personally not scoring enough headers. Not from corners. Not from crosses. Lots of back post goals being smashed in with feet either by a full back or a winger but not enough with their heads.

My main worry though is that I’m scoring hardly any by my lone ST. Pellegri. I’ve tried mixed crosses, whipped crosses. He just can’t seem to score many with his head. He scored 28 goals last season.

Of course, he does score a few, maybe 1 in 5 goals with his head. But not enough for my liking.

I also can’t seem to get my corners working. I have 2 CB’s that are both amazing in the air. But they just don’t seem to be able to score. 

Of course they’ve scored a few, around 5 each in the past few seasons. But not enough for my liking.

I don’t understand what’s happening. I should be scoring bucket loads of headers.

it's funny that you wanna score with head and you don't seem be able and I that I'd love to score the less possible with head, score a lot.

What is clear is that with set pieces being responsible for year on year increase in goals scored then there is a requirement for this to be a bigger feature of FM going forward. I would hope something that allows for greater innovation from human and AI

11 minuti fa, MrPompey ha scritto:

What is clear is that with set pieces being responsible for year on year increase in goals scored then there is a requirement for this to be a bigger feature of FM going forward. I would hope something that allows for greater innovation from human and AI

I don't touch set pieces. 'cause I don't like score from them. But I score a lot the same.

The game is fairly enjoyable, however I can't start a long-term save until two core issues are addressed:

1: Chances and goals from set pieces are way, way too common.

2: Still waaaaayyyyy too many shots per game on average. I often see absurd numbers. It's a relief when you get that ONE game per season that's a boring 0-0 with very few key highlights and shots on target are kept in a realistic range for once. 

I feel like we're very close to getting there now. One last match engine update is in order imo. Or I will wait for FM21.

Edited by yandex

1 ora fa, MrPompey ha scritto:

So  apart from all people reading my post and changing their corner routines what has been people's experience so far with corners and goals?

:D:applause:

I haven't had enough time to play that much to collect a reliable statistic about goal scored from IFK/corners, but that was the main source of goals in FM19 and it seems it hasn't changed that much with FM20 (as much of central play. Which makes me think what's the difference between these two games).

But it's true that about 80% of highlights, if not more, start from a set piece, which I personally find annoying and boring. Especially when you face teams like Barcelona or Manchester City, you expect some nice teamplay but the only danger they seem to produce is from IFKs and being kicked out from CL because of 3 goals conceded, 2 headers and 1 shot from distance in a 2 legs round, all of them following an IFK, is a bit unexpected.

6 minutes ago, yandex said:

The game is fairly enjoyable, however I can't start a long-term save until two core issues are addressed:

1: Chances and goals from set pieces are way, way too common.

2: Still waaaaayyyyy too many shots per game on average. I often see absurd numbers. It's a relief when you get that ONE game per season that's a boring 0-0 with very few key highlights and shots on target are kept in a realistic range for once. 

I feel like we're very close to getting there now. One last match engine update is in order imo. Or I will wait for FM21.

1. Chances and Goals. What do you base that statement on, what are your FM findings and what is current IRL? See my post earlier

2, As above. I've not really looked at this but how do your findings compare to real life?

I dont know for sure but at this stage aside from a major issue then I doubt there would be any ME changes now until FM21. If you fin any log them in the Bugs section as they can get looked out for FM21

2 hours ago, MrPompey said:

Not sure if this has always been in the ME for FM2020 but I do seem to see a return of the ...Aim corner toward back post / put biggest DC with good jumping/heading to increase chance of headed goals. I'm not actually sure how this relates in FM to total goals scored from corners, if the goals scored from my routine above is more successful than mixed corners or if i am simply blessed with a giant centre back who can score with his head. It would need a lot of time that I don't have. What is certain is that in FM he is scoring a lot more goals  than in real life

However to get a balance for my own sanity I did a quick search to identify that 23.4% of the premier leagues goals scored season 17/18 were from set pieces

Season 2018/19 146 goals were scored from corners in the premiership, the highest over the last 8 years (almost 14% of total goals scored) despite an overall reduction in corners awarded

It would seem that Southgate specifically targetted this as an area of opportunity for England in the World Cup. I think Hoddle coined the phrase of the players lining up for the corner in a "Love Train"

How does real life compare to FM?

of my last 147 goals, I have 10 from corners and a further 16 from free kicks (direct and indirect) so 17.6%. I'd expect to be reasonably dangerous as I have quite a tall powerful spine and usually 5-6 set piece experts on the pitch at any one time

5 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's irrelevant whether youre doubtful or not, its not on you to go harassing people who have a different experience to you, which is how you've been coming across with this

If you want to see examples, Rashidi has more of them than anyone on the forums, since he's got his own channel to run

This trend of people chasing others for having different views really needs to stop on this forum.

Boom, this mad sheep talks sense. Nice one mate...

11 hours ago, BigV said:

I can vouch for that, uping the tempo massively changes the way you play in terms of speed of the game (as it should) and as adaptive dependant on your familiarity bar result. Possession stats usually lower when high tempo by either losing the ball and/or amount of time on the ball so is it possible that possession stat isn't based on passing? 

On another note why is that? if im correct that it. Surely it's a missleading stat to those that don't know it (me and countless others) but also game wise when analysing the point you need more possession to get the better chances (lets say below 40% possession). 

11 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

One of the mods the other day was saying that unlike PL (where number of passes = poss) on the game it is time with the ball.

I might be old fashioned but I thought everyone went by time on ball.

9 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's going to throw people a bit too, as they won't realise its different. Dunno if its possible but it would be good to find out which stats match Opta's definitions and which dont

I seem to remember reading a few years ago that stats providers nowadays (or at least one of them) use a combination of time with the ball plus number of passes, maybe with another metric as well (e.g. making it a "Meaningful possession" stat by making timewasting count for 0.5 of a posession). 

Can we expect another patch improve ME or maybe this patch was the last one? I hate this ME. In every match i have goal from free kick or corner. I lead in match and what? Of course goal from free kick or header from corner in 90 minute. Before the last patch FM was very enjoyable. Now is boring and annoying.

Edit:

2 minutes ago in my save Betis beat Real Madrid 5-1. Betis scored 2 goals from free kicks and one goal from corner. It was AI vs AI :)

Edited by Caletti

5 minutes ago, Caletti said:

Can we expect another patch improve ME or maybe this patch was the last one? I hate this ME. In every match i have goal from free kick or corner. I lead in match and what? Of course goal from free kick or header from corner in 90 minute. Before the last patch FM was very enjoyable. Now is boring and annoying.

I’m not seeing this.

But I do agree the ME has got progressively more sterile after each patch. 

Which isn’t such a big surprise to me to be honest, considering the “issues” many have shouted from the roof tops on this forum since release.

Such a shame.

13 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I’m not seeing this.

But I do agree the ME has got progressively more sterile after each patch. 

Which isn’t such a big surprise to me to be honest, considering the “issues” many have shouted from the roof tops on this forum since release.

Such a shame.

They should fix atelast set pieces and "heading" - the wingers with 5 heading that are midgets are scoreing way too much goals from crosses... 

The central midfield play is probly too hard to fix so Im not expecting it to be fixed

I would agree, it almost seems like they lost the big picture with the match engine this time around.. possibly too much time admirably trying to fix the various bugs has made the whole match experience really stale for me, can't bring myself to watch it tbh, the rest of the game is fantastic, but it's ruined by the match experience.

3 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I would agree, it almost seems like they lost the big picture with the match engine this time around.. possibly too much time admirably trying to fix the various bugs has made the whole match experience really stale for me, can't bring myself to watch it tbh, the rest of the game is fantastic, but it's ruined by the match experience.

Though I wouldn't say ruined since I personally can't stop playing, it seriously hinders the fun of playing

15 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Sorry if this is a wrong place to ask this, but can somebody explain, why they have removed stadium stands from 2D engine?

It looks so much worse.. If it is because of performance issues at least they should give us an option to enalbe/disable it..  

Just look how much better bottom one looks.. Top one looks depressive

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

This is my number one wish for FM.

I play 2d. But I don’t want stands (albeit vastly better) and certainly not the grey border.

I want the outline to be transparent, or be made able to be transparent with modding. I use stadium photos on matchday and I want as much of it visible as possible.

The grey border looks like a work in progress cover up. When the rest of the game looks so slick it really does stand out as something rather horrible.

But I’ve already banged my head against the wall with this “issue” multiple times.

One more time can’t hurt though ;)

Just to add, I’m not looking for suggestions of how to make it better with widgets etc. I’ve done all I can with my modding and I’ve got it looking half decent (for me) showing the stadium photo in the background. Just can’t get rid of the grey border. It’s part of the ME. It IS the ME. It is uneditable.

Edited by Tyburn

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

At first I want to clarify for SI and people who protect ME - dissapoitment in reason because we asking for things which existed in ME many years ago. So as customer I dont see any impossible in asking because it was before, more or less. For example I almost sure that will not buy FM21, but I probably would buy FM12 with new interface and feautures like hierarchy, club vision, improved management of transfers, etc. I really choose ME of 9 years older because it more authentic for me.

I enjoyed FM17 despite it were some issues too, but I always want to play long (30-40 seasons) journeyman saves and FM17 is not really good for this. I wrote about my experience in wishlist, not sure about influence, but almost all things were improved in next few years. Gameworld started to be more fluid, livelier, etc. But I was disappointed of FM18 and FM19 too. After FM19 I was going to done with FM but bought FM20 as last chance or something like this. Remaining dissatisfaction after FM18 and FM19.

It was a real expectation about last patch 20.3. Last hope. I played 2 seasons and its really boring for me. So routine. 
Why I need to create some chances if my team dont realize this? Its just like roll the dice - fully random about match result.

The worst thing for me - no middle way. I mean I have some troubles with my tactic but it happens in phase of 'calibration'. After I fix a balance - my team start to be unstoppable. There are no middle way where I has a realistic rival with AI.
I tried to play a 'football chess' and watch game in advanced, manage OI and honestly I dont feel any sence in this. ME has a limited count of working tools. Or if you like - 'a preferred tools'. 
Mentality is strange thing which confusing by own dual meaning. Freekick settings is anachronism, it need to improve few years ago at least.
Players stamina is nonsence. Have no idea why it into a game if its unuseful. IRL players dont like high intensity styles but in FM you could use it 24/7.
SI skiped bug of transfers in first window setting but I sure in 99% that any customer tester in open beta could detect this bug in few minutes. I can't realize how you would expect any good when issues like this happens pernamently?
Thank you for hard work and many many hours of gameplay in past but current status of FM is alarming for me and it just keep going in this direction in every new edition in last years.
Just hope you will draw conclusions and return for true road. For now its a road of stagnation. Just my opinion, but I'm done with current ME and no see any reason to buy any next editions in the same conceptions and course. I already bought 3 editions of FM which i shouldn't. Cheers, bye-bye, hope to see any progress in future

See you for FM21 ;)

It will also help if people who write good summaries of dissapointment and basically a review of the game in their opinion should do it also on steam. Afraid that in this topic it will just be a regular comment on another page...
Write up there, like other similar minded reviews and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

Ditto. Watching matches in the current ME is something of a chore. Rare have been the matches I have actually enjoyed watching. And as you say the rest of the game is really nice. I am just severely disappointed in the match engine, and it drives the joy away from playing. It is not a lack of success, as I have had little issue winning games (early crosses to the far post are lethal). I just struggle to find variation in play style, and it often feels like the way you set up has minimal influence on what actually happens. Of course it does, but it is evident that generated varied styles of play is much harder this year. You can even see this from the Tactics forum. There have been very few threads this year where people document their attempts at specific tactical styles, or trying to recreate X manager, or Y team's style. I think it is reasonable criticism to say that the ME is sub par and is holding the game back. At the moment I have started to play FM19 again, because I just generally find it more fun to play. Although I love the interface in FM20 and everything that came along with that. And the graphics on the pitch are absolutely lovely in FM20, you really notice how beautiful the game is when you compare to FM19. So kudos for that.

Perhaps there will be another patch, perhaps not. I get the impression that there are no easy fixes to the issues in the ME, or it would have been resolved. And I am certain everyone associated with this is working to improve it, so I will not aim criticism at anyone in particular, and we should not be making it personal. I am sure nobody wants people to be disappointed with the ME. I would rather that SI are able to focus on making whatever changes are required to the ME code to make the game more enjoyable, the ME more realistic, than to rush out another patch that fixes some things but creates further issues elsewhere. SI have an excellent track record at patching games and fixing issues, so I am willing to give them some leeway on this, and I am sure they will get there. We all really need to remember that making changes to the ME code must be extremely complicated, and have patience. While it is natural to be frustrated, there is no point but in being constructive and reasoned in any debate or feedback.

3 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Perhaps there will be another patch, perhaps not.

I am 100% certain there will be another major version with various ME changes/improvements since a lot of things were and are reported as being worked on but were not changed in the latest patch

6 minutes ago, saihtam said:

It will also help if people who write good summaries of dissapointment and basically a review of the game in their opinion should do it also on steam. Afraid that in this topic it will just be a regular comment on another page...
Write up there, like other similar minded reviews and hope for the best.

Not convinced a steam post will get better traction than here. SI do the development work so writing in an SI Forum will get better results than a steam forum surely. 

For a number of reasons SI Devs tend not to post here but it doesnt mean they don't read posts. If the post is well articulated with supporting information then it will help resolve the issue. Its all very well people complaining about what it does, but to get change people need to detail what it should do and why and relate this to football in real life.

Most comments here will be too late for FM20 but getting posts detailed now about the ME failings will perhaps aid FM21 (well I hope that every year)

3 minutes ago, Jimmious7 said:

I am 100% certain there will be another major version with various ME changes/improvements since a lot of things were and are reported as being worked on but were not changed in the latest patch

I wouldnt get your hopes up. Based on previous experience its unlikely. Work will be planned for FM21