Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some problems I encounter in FM20, they are small but they make me thinking about going back to FM19:

- When I type in the search bar, I can not navigate through the list in the dropdown menu with up and down arrow keys; which I could in FM19?!

- Sometimes free players (or players with expired contracts in a club) can not be offered contract (no "approach to sign" option). But when I quit and re-start the game (and load my save), ta daaa! they can be approached to sign. There was no problem like that in FM19?!

- Applying any tactical advice -in the prematch tactical advice email- does not change aything in the tactics. (e.g., My assistant suggests me to change the mentality from balanced to positive, but after applying his advice the mentality is still "balanced" in the tactics screen. Also this was not an issue in FM19! 

Edited by vkalem

18 hours ago, DiStru_ said:

If I posted two draws and a loss, let me be fair and also post a win.

7e5WS2Y.png

Brace yourselves... A 1-0 win!

Now, the frustrating thing here is, these aren't even some ultra-defensive performances, where the opposition somehow steals the result. They lined up with a perfectly normal 4-1-4-1, yet these teams can somehow weather the storm again and again.

C0rsmPX.png

The amount of fouls they've committed (and only received 2 yellow cards, thanks ref!) should speak volumes about how dominated they were. And yet all it took was one set piece or a fluke goal, for the AI to once again steal an undeserved point (or three), because finishing just seems to be god awful for some reason.

I've to say, for the first time in years I'm seriously considering downloading the Instant Result skin and turning my save into a DoF kind of thing, where I skip matches. They are far too frustrating to watch, especially when I know my tactic is decent enough (highlight after highlight of my team attacking and barely any highlight of the opposition doing so, and the attacks looking fluid and smooth, hopefully indicate that). I can create a tactic that creates space and movement, I can motivate my players and keep them fit and happy, but I can do nothing for the actual chances to be finished and it all ends in an endless cycle of confusion and frustration. Thanks, FM20!

Let me also be clear that I'm not posting this for the sole purpose of venting. I've played FM for years, I understand you win some and you lose some. And that's perfectly fine. But something definitely feels off with this year's match engine and I really hope SI can acknowledge that. If not publicly, at least in their offices, and do a much better job next year. Although I'm worried they will proudly wave the player numbers (now boosted by the free week), give us the ol' "see, everyone else like it, you lot must be crazy" and release something as frustrating as this year's match engine, again.

The only fun I've had playing this year has been on FM Touch with the instant result button.

I allways had the thought that a 4-1-4-1 was in itself a very defensive way of playing Football if not done by the very Top Flights of a League and than you can argue it only looks offensive bcs the Opponent takes a very defensive approach anyway or the dynamics of a match skew its perception.

Edited by Etebaer

On 20/03/2020 at 13:25, DiStru_ said:

Something with the finishing is awfully wrong.

Alright, in the past two months our form has improved considerably, so I guess scoring a decent amount of goals is still possible. Not to use this thread as my personal blog or anything, just thought I'd give a quick update, since I gave finishing the trashing in my previous rants. :D

Afi5WPA.png

We're currently 1st in the league in goals scored (44 in 23 matches). However, it's true that a lot of them tend to come from set pieces--which is quite surprising, because while I make sure I stay on top of my defensive set pieces, I simply can't be bothered with all the attacking routines, so I leave them on default. If that's enough to be 1st in the league in goals scored from indirect free-kicks (9 in 23 matches) and 4th in goals scored from corners (6 in 23 matches), fair enough. It can however feel like the match engine is simply giving you goals that you "deserve" one way or another though (ie. goals from set pieces feel "scripted" as a consequence of your tactical decisions). I'd prefer to see more goals from open-play, but I guess I'll take it.

Edited by DiStru_

And why does this keep happening in half of the games? I score, the superhuman CPU scores on the attack directly after kick-off. I score, they score again directly after.

Rigged nonsense.

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-21 om 18.36.09.png

Ah league rep, how I despise you.

Especially obvious when you play in low rep leagues. Try to sign a player:

"I want 500k/yr salary!"

Sure.

"I want a 250k sign on bonus!"

Sure.

"I demand a 200k release clause!"

.... that's a joke right?

And then when a club comes in from a higher league rep he signs for them with the exact same basic demands, but instead of a nonsensical 200k release clause he is fine with 6.5m.

Selling players from low rep leagues has become much better this version and you are able to get decent prices, but players have not changed how they value themselves at all. I'd be fine with players demanding release clauses when they sign for an Icelandic club, but when they demand clauses that wouldn't even cover their signing on bonus, let alone a single year of salary that just gets ridiculous.

5 hours ago, TOMetz said:

And why does this keep happening in half of the games? I score, the superhuman CPU scores on the attack directly after kick-off. I score, they score again directly after.

Rigged nonsense.

So it does not happen in the other half of the games?  Now if this kept happening to me and it does not, I would drop my mentality down straight after scoring for 5-10 minutes to settle my team. Maybe set up one of the match plans to drag certain players back from more attacking positions for a while. The superhuman CPU has been done to death and is tiresome now, it does not exist and as it goes, neither does the bogeyman.

It is even said by the real football pundits that teams are most susceptible to conceded after scoring. FM needs concentration and you have to learn and mange your team through problems like this and not sit and wait for something to whine about, be proactive.

On 09/03/2020 at 15:25, Zemahh said:

Has anyone tried managing their set pieces carefully and seeing if excessive amount of goals from them is still an issue? Personally, although I enjoy "minmaxing", I never bothered with set pieces too much, because I simply found them too tedious. And I still do, there should absolutely be a quicker way of seeing who is instructed with what at set pieces, without having to manually click through all the different routines and their subsections. Over the course of the season, it's easy to end up with a few changes in the starting eleven you originally created the routines for, so having some sort of a list where you could quickly notice issues such as your midget winger going back for corners or your 6'7" target man staying up, would be very useful.

I agree about the tedious nature of set piece management. I'd love to see SI go back to a more streamlined set piece instruction list, as was the case in the ~FM15 era.

Why does it feel like assistant managers do everything in their power to ensure your players turn up to the first match day with absolutely no match sharpness? It feels like it's got progressively worse with every new FM. 

You can set all the guidelines you want (e.g play the ones needing some match fitness), they'll still be absolutely useless at it. 

Obviously the easy 'fix' for this would be to manage pre season games yourself, but I still feel like that's no excuse for the assistant whipping no one into shape.

8 minutes ago, WelshMourinho said:

Why does it feel like assistant managers do everything in their power to ensure your players turn up to the first match day with absolutely no match sharpness? It feels like it's got progressively worse with every new FM. 

You can set all the guidelines you want (e.g play the ones needing some match fitness), they'll still be absolutely useless at it. 

Obviously the easy 'fix' for this would be to manage pre season games yourself, but I still feel like that's no excuse for the assistant whipping no one into shape.

Agreed that this is and has been an issue for several versions- I get round it by choosing the players 2 days before a pre-season game but still letting the AM run the game.

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Agreed that this is and has been an issue for several versions- I get round it by choosing the players 2 days before a pre-season game but still letting the AM run the game.

It baffles me because I swear a few fm's a go it was working fine. I've seen my assistants dipping into the under 23's on FM20 and it's like... mate get the first team sorted before you start handing out games to players in different squads.

11 hours ago, Toonrock said:

The finishing from strikers in this years version is aweeesome ! Lone striker on top, in a 4-3-3. Have just started new save with Inter

No offense, but no goals in 7 matches (at Inter, at that), from what I assume you want to be your main goal threat, is definitely a tactical problem.

My non-League lone striker has scored 13 in 19 so far, in the same formation I assume you're using. His reserve, 9 in 13.

19XUTmL.png

Not everything is a match engine issue all of a sudden, so perhaps looking into how you could improve your tactic would do more good than bashing the game in the official feedback thread. At some point, the SI will have enough of this crying and then we'll get a dumbed-down game, where placing a player up front will be all it takes to see him score. I don't imagine that's what anyone wants, really.

39 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

No offense, but no goals in 7 matches (at Inter, at that), from what I assume you want to be your main goal threat, is definitely a tactical problem.

My non-League lone striker has scored 13 in 19 so far, in the same formation I assume you're using. His reserve, 9 in 13.

19XUTmL.png

Not everything is a match engine issue all of a sudden, so perhaps looking into how you could improve your tactic would do more good than bashing the game in the official feedback thread. At some point, the SI will have enough of this crying and then we'll get a dumbed-down game, where placing a player up front will be all it takes to see him score. I don't imagine that's what anyone wants, really.

Yeah sorting through what's a legitimate concern and what's not must be the hardest part of taking feedback from this thread. We've had some say the game creates no good chances through open play meanwhile others are saying they create plenty of chances but the finishing on the game sucks. Another example would be how some think you just need a high gegenpressing system to win, while others have pointed out that teams who play defensive seem far too good at just keeping the ball. 

Personally I do think the game relies on the same few ways of goalscoring (set pieces and backpost crossing mainly), and the ME does, imo, seem to weigh all pressing related attributes too highly. But who knows what's truly going on with this ME?

what on earth have you done to this game si?? yes this is criticism but you have to take it like all the other below me. 

what have you done to the keepers ? they dive sideways now rather than on to the ball its wierd and looks rubbish and you concede goals that just dont look right even when you have world class goalkeepers

super goalkeepers are back but only whn your in an important game, they play crazy just getting to everything. i had 14 one on ones all save not missed all saved by the goalie. inc a penalty whi he didnt even move and the ball went to his side which he stuck out an arm and managed to deflect it wide?? what is he bionic ?

ive said it before world class players do not do anything what you tell them. cross early nope. cross at all well sometimes but not how you want. wing backs shoot a lot yep even though they are world class because obv in football thats what they do right ??? nope 

ive said it before and ill say it again, someone needs to sit down and watch football and what how is works. just because your the bigger team does not mean there is drama every single time. it does not mean your players choke evry time that is not football.

world class strikers do play like world class players most of the time in real life, in fm they play most of the time like 4th tier players. hardly any through balls still most chance are created by wide players cutting in and shooting. 

how can a game that has so much potential and with so many years to get right be so bad and someone got it so wrong yet again. 

If it's not your tactics then what is it? Do you honestly believe that SI rigs the game against the player? What would even be the point of that :idiot:

You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you have ****** luck, but if you think it's an actual trend then yes you're probably doing something wrong.

17 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Do you honestly believe that SI rigs the game against the player?

No, I don't. But they've been struggling with the ME for nearly a year now, and this is just another example of it.

18 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you have ****** luck, but if you think it's an actual trend then yes you're probably doing something wrong.

This isn't just a trend. I can play some more games and expand the table from my OP to show you it's not a trend, black on white: player needs 5,5 shots per goal, CPU a little over 3. Where's the logic in that?

1 minute ago, TOMetz said:

No, I don't. But they've been struggling with the ME for nearly a year now, and this is just another example of it.

This isn't just a trend. I can play some more games and expand the table from my OP to show you it's not a trend, black on white: player needs 5,5 shots per goal, CPU a little over 3. Where's the logic in that?

Iunno, for me the AI needed 20 shots on goal to score and I need 4 shots. Where's the logic in that? Probably in me having a far better team, but that'd make too much sense.

1 minute ago, Freakiie said:

Where's the logic in that? Probably in me having a far better team, but that'd make too much sense.

In half of my cases I am the better team, in the other half I am not, which seems logics as I'm playing as Athletic Bilbao in Spain. So my GK isn't crap and my strikers aren't crap. Yet still.

5 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

In half of my cases I am the better team, in the other half I am not, which seems logics as I'm playing as Athletic Bilbao in Spain. So my GK isn't crap and my strikers aren't crap. Yet still.

My point was that "Player needs more shots to score than the AI" isn't black and white at all in the slightest. If it is for you, that just shows that you're apparently doing something wrong. If the AI needs less shots to score than you clearly they're creating better chances than you are. It's not as if every shot on goal is completely equal. But apparently the AI being able to create better chances, or perhaps you creating poor chances is not logical?

4 hours ago, Zemahh said:

My non-League lone striker has scored 13 in 19 so far, in the same formation I assume you're using.

Then if you would, post your formation in file, and I will try it out with Inter? :)

The problem has not been tactical, coz when I watch the games in Comprehensive, we play great football and Lukaku gets so many chances (from headers especially)... All floats over the goal or straight into the hands of the keeper, from 4-5 meters distance... No directing the ball, it seems heading attribute has become totally irrelevant...

image.thumb.png.37c341df6057d4ab226dcea6b8eb5cff.png

-> ......Guess what happens next, after this wonderful cross from D´Ambrosio... (Have changed to my other fav formation, 3-5-2, seemingly the strikers don´t care - The goal I scored, by my MF Sensi :))

Edited by Toonrock

2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

It's not as if every shot on goal is completely equal. But apparently the AI being able to create better chances, or perhaps you creating poor chances is not logical?

Of course not every shot on goal is equal, you're right about that. At first I took all shots/goal but, for scientific accuracy, narrowed it down to shots on goal. But then why do CPU attackers always seem to shoot with force, sometimes from distance (long shots: 8) - not the only one who experiences this -, and my best attacker (finishing 16, composure 15) seems to roll all his shots straight to the GK. I've tried everything: different strikers, different formations, different tactics, shoot more, shoot less, play ball into box, hit early crosses. Really, everything! So I don't think it's the quality of chances that are being created. I honestly think something is unbalanced in the ME. I don't expect to need less shots than the AI to score, by all means. But I would like it to be balanced.

What would you do in my case?

19 hours ago, TOMetz said:

Rigged nonsense.

You based this theory on one game? Are all you game like this

Maybe its just like real life football  when the team who conceded up their game for a bit

Just now, MrPompey said:

You based this theory on one game? Are all you game like this

No, the screenshot is an example. I have roughly one game per month that it's like this. I'm aware this happens in real football too; but even if I change my team's mentality, in some games it's just waiting directly after I scored and there's nothing I can do about it.

9 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Of course not every shot on goal is equal, you're right about that. At first I took all shots/goal but, for scientific accuracy, narrowed it down to shots on goal. But then why do CPU attackers always seem to shoot with force, sometimes from distance (long shots: 8) - not the only one who experiences this -, and my best attacker (finishing 16, composure 15) seems to roll all his shots straight to the GK. I've tried everything: different strikers, different formations, different tactics, shoot more, shoot less, play ball into box, hit early crosses. Really, everything! So I don't think it's the quality of chances that are being created. I honestly think something is unbalanced in the ME. I don't expect to need less shots than the AI to score, by all means. But I would like it to be balanced.

What would you do in my case?

No idea since I have no clue what your tactics are, what your Bilbao squad looks like and so on. At the same time though, that's not a discussion for this thread either. Open a topic in the tactics section and let people take a look at what you're doing there to see if they can give you some tips.

Just now, TOMetz said:

No, the screenshot is an example. I have roughly one game per month that it's like this. I'm aware this happens in real football too; but even if I change my team's mentality, in some games it's just waiting directly after I scored and there's nothing I can do about it.

The ME is not scripted and we tend to ignore our own last minute draws or wins but notice the oppositions more when they do it

Are you changing your tactics to contain after scoring? Limiting some of your attacking players. Maybe go to counter attack as you know they will come at you. Go hard tackling for a bit and disrupt. It wont always work but there are options

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

If it's not your tactics then what is it? Do you honestly believe that SI rigs the game against the player? What would even be the point of that :idiot:

RNG % has been increased a lot to this game.

11 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

No idea since I have no clue what your tactics are, what your Bilbao squad looks like and so on. At the same time though, that's not a discussion for this thread either. Open a topic in the tactics section and let people take a look at what you're doing there to see if they can give you some tips.

Will do. Thanks.

And do note that I don't want to sound hostile to my fellow gamers. But this game has been frustrating me more than this damn Covid lockdown.

11 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

The ME is not scripted and we tend to ignore our own last minute draws or wins but notice the oppositions more when they do it

Are you changing your tactics to contain after scoring? Limiting some of your attacking players. Maybe go to counter attack as you know they will come at you. Go hard tackling for a bit and disrupt. It wont always work but there are options

The ME is not scripted, but I believe it's still out of balance in the finishing aspect.

Changing my mentality after scoring is something I've done since posting about it here; so far, so good. The tackling sounds like a good tip, will try. Thanks.

2 hours ago, TOMetz said:

Sigh, and another one. Got so fed up I made a comparison in shots on target per goal between the superhuman über-clinical CPU and me.1636332732_Schermafbeelding2020-03-22om12_57_53.thumb.png.1efcf66835c23699ad42f05a5996ad44.png

867682150_Schermafbeelding2020-03-22om12_59_40.thumb.png.02eaf04e32df059bdf1990e316b613d4.png

3tkp08.thumb.jpg.8d5793f65d8d6468d5b689883ded9be9.jpg

I'm not going to try and change your mind on your tactics. However, I want to point out that your math is wrong. You can't use the average of your average column to get an accurate representation of how many shots per goal over the last 10 games. Particularly because you are counting games with 0 goals the same as ones where a single goal is scored. Your actual number scored is 19 on 82 shots, for an average of a goal ever 4.32 shots or a scoring percentage of 23.1%. Your opponents scored 11 on 39 for a goal every 3.55 shots or a scoring percentage of 28.1%. While there is a difference it is only 0.77 shots and not the 1.66 that you calculated.

41 minutes ago, Toonrock said:

Then if you would, post your formation in file, and I will try it out with Inter?

You're approaching this from the wrong angle. Nothing about my tactic is special, in fact, it's rather simple. The reason why it works, is because it's suited to my squad and the style of football it's capable of playing. The tactic itself doesn't play matches, the players do; if you want to get the most out of your own team, you need to build a tactic around your squad, your expectations and your style of football. I'm sure there's plug-and-play tactics out there that you can download and have some amount of success, but the days of Scramjet and Diablo, which you could download and win trophies with while holidaying through saves, are gone.

For example, I identified a Regista as my best player and built a 4-1-2-3 around him. I selected roles, duties and instructions that give him plenty of space to work in, before eventually finding either a Winger, or a Pressing Forward with a killer ball. The latter one is getting on the end of most of them, because the tactic is built around runs into space from deep, which suits his quickness especially.

8M1ld9H.png

U98cha6.png

Hopefully, you can understand why I can't agree with the "finishing is broken" mantra, when it isn't for me. I do agree that matches could be more interesting to watch, there could be less set piece or long shot goals, but to say strikers can no longer score goals, is a stretch. What I will say though, is that goalkeepers seem more capable this year, which tends to make brute-force, high mentality tactics less successful; the sheer amount of shots your typical attacking tactic will generate is no longer enough, it seems you need to think about creating space and therefore actual good quality chances in a more methodical manner.

If you're looking for more specific advice, make a new thread in the Tactics Discussion forum, where there's plenty of people willing to help, but I will just touch on this:

41 minutes ago, Toonrock said:

...and Lukaku gets so many chances (from headers especially)... All floats over the goal or straight into the hands of the keeper, from 4-5 meters distance...

Headers are generally low percentage chances. Regardless of how easy you think it may be for a striker to just "direct it into the net", it's not. Identifying actual good chances, instead of judging the match solely by the shots, or chances created stats, is usually a good start to understanding where your tactic works and where it doesn't.

A lone striker will always struggle to finish headers consistently, that's why two striker formations are usually more suited to a cross-heavy style of play. It's not just about the heading attribute, headers are very often done under pressure and there's more variables to them than you can count. Even a clean header, with no defenders near, can be hard to finish; maybe the ball didn't hit striker's head perfectly, maybe he mistimed his jump, maybe the cross was too low, or just a touch too high, maybe there was too much swerve on it, or too much dip, not to mention different weather conditions.

Counting on one striker to consistently finish headers, is not realistic and you should therefore either adapt your tactic, or the style of play. Besides that, a cross-heavy system with a team like Inter, which most teams will play cautiously against, if not straight up park the bus, which then puts your striker in at least a 1 vs. 2 or 3 situation, makes little sense.

"Getting a clean strike on a cross is hard, getting a clean strike using only your head is hard. Trying to do both at the same time, really hard."

Shot Matrix II: Pass Type and Shot Type, or, Heading is super hard

This sums up my FM experience rather nicely. Have a goal disallowed, miss a pen, miss some chances and then either score a long ranger or from a set piece. Mostly I win, sometimes I concede from a set piece. Rinse and repeat

I've looked at the tactics forum which is basically dead. I still question how missing chances is a tactical issue. Just isn't fun at all, despite the fact I am usually winning matches.

Everton v Arsenal_ Match Stats.png

On 21/03/2020 at 09:44, craiigman said:

The only fun I've had playing this year has been on FM Touch with the instant result button.

Interesting. I’ve been on Touch since 2017 and not really enjoyed it recently but it didn’t occur to me to rattle through some decades this way! Have you set up match plans to make this work?

7 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Nothing about my tactic is special, in fact, it's rather simple.

Hopefully, you can understand why I can't agree with the "finishing is broken" mantra, when it isn't for me.

I love when people being asked, if they would care to share their tactic with us, that is working so wonderfull and where strikers score plenty -> And then it ends up in ´words´ when an answer is given... :)

Seen and heard it too many times, to know what to call it :)

Edited by Toonrock

9 hours ago, Toonrock said:

I love when people being asked, if they would care to share their tactic with us, that is working so wonderfull and where strikers score plenty -> And then it ends up in ´words´ when an answer is given... :)

Yes, I'm sure you didn't understand a word of those "words" and will continue spewing nonsense about the match engine. I find it funny that people that are complaining the most, are rarely seen discussing actual tactics, yet on the other hand people that are willing to put in some effort, somehow don't seem to have the same issues. For every zero effort "mAtCh EnGiNe Is BrOkEn" poster like yourself, I can show you a Youtube video or a forum post with plenty of cases of strikers scoring goals just fine.

You still don't seem to understand that your tactic needs to be built around your own players. In fact, what works for me, would not work for you, because while I have a quick striker that excels at running into space from deep, you have Lukaku, who would be best utilized in a role that makes the most out of his strength and aerial ability—and that is not make him a lone striker and expect him to consistently put away chances from crosses, because as explained above, A) those are low percentage chances and B) your lone striker will always struggle to win headers against defensive teams packing the box (which you will face plenty, as Inter), let alone finish them consistently with no close support nearby.

9P9hzsR.png

DYR97oD.png

rvBe0Zv.png

A lone striker scoring goals. Imagine what he would do if he was good enough for the dream eleven. :lol:

I love the game and think the ME does a pretty good job and is fun to watch (I think I'm up around 900 hours already). However there are a few minor annoyances that I would like to see cleaned up for FM21:

• Too many headers from players with no-one else around them, or when the ball is going out of play for a goal kick, headed straight to the opposition
  • Too many passes across the face of their own goal from one wing to the other from just outside the penalty box. One of the first things you learn in football is not to clear the ball across your own goal, yet I regularly see FBs trying to pass to the opposite FB with 1-2 opposition players in between them
  • Players running with the ball who run into their own teammates and lose the ball/momentum. It just looks stupid and it would never happen in real life.
  • Team A has a corner/free kcik, team B clears it and a player from team B then runs from the edge of their own area to the other with the ball with an opposing player running alongside him. It seems to happen at least once every game
  • A winger/FB is running with the ball, stops, and then crosses. It happens a bit too much for me.
  • A player goes to take a shot with a defender < 1 yd in front of him and just kicks it at his shins.

12 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Still just empty words - Still awaiting that tactic instead of the words - Then I´ll test it with a striker similar to what you prescribe :)

- And yes; Will continue to be criticizing the game, if I think it´s justified.

I think the graphics is awesome, the gameplay is awesome - The ME, really not (And it´s really a shame - Some of the combination-play is great, but there are too many things on the negative side - finishing, too many goals from set pieces, crossing being blocked countless times etc).

Edited by Toonrock

Steam offered FM 20 free for four days this weekend(along with a few other games) possibly in response to Covid-19 with people looking for outlets to entertain themselves now they've got sod all to do all day.

So I download it to find the only change really a few cosmetics appearances and the Cymru First division added officially. Other than that I hardly know if I had accidently loaded FM19.

My suspicions are to get me to pay up once the four days are up are:-

Adding Cymru North, My local league.

Making my tactics amazingly affective meaning I'm storming the league with Guilsfield, making cutting a save harder. therefore meaning I buy it. 

Once playing a new game I've never returned to an old one. What's the point?

If work gives me 12 weeks off that'll be another strong reason to buy it.

As a rule I wouldn't buy a new FM until the discount later on, but this FM could be the longest in date version yet, with a possible update once the season resumes. There surely cannot be an FM21 released at the usual time. Maybe FM 22 will be the next edition.

Or perhaps a SI could release a Classic FM with the new technological advances but implement it to start in a past season, with vote on which era to begin. Mine would be 1980.

As someone who despises the graphics and animations on the ME (keep it simple like FM13, so many people on these forums play on 3D and fail to understand poor animations misrepresent what is happening on the pitch, 2D is much more favourable) and has been a huge critic of match engines since 12/13 due to the face that players used to play with personality on there and always had a huge variety of play and goals... quite impressed with the latest update to the ME. But still think going forward a lot more thought needs to go into how the ME is built and improved and maintained going forward. The repeated issues of the last few years can simply not continue. All other areas of the game are great, but the ME is the fundemental aspect of the game which needs to be revolved around. It needs to be right. I don't care about the texture of the pitch, the animations of moves... give me a simple ME either 3D like FM13 or just 2D and make the engine make sense and offer variety. But once again to end this on a positive note from a very harsh critic... it's getting there

Hi guys, I'm really sorry if this is not the place to ask this ( mods please move the question where it should be )

Anyways, I want to buy FM 2019. And since it is removed from steam, I must buy it from one of those "keys" websites. And I am now confused, even it says "EU" key, down bellow are just some countries. Does this means I will not be able to activate it from Serbia? https://prnt.sc/rldicb 

What is confusing to me is "EU" like - key for whole europe but then they have listed just some countries

Thank you

3 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Hi guys, I'm really sorry if this is not the place to ask this ( mods please move the question where it should be )

Anyways, I want to buy FM 2019. And since it is removed from steam, I must buy it from one of those "keys" websites. And I am now confused, even it says "EU" key, down bellow are just some countries. Does this means I will not be able to activate it from Serbia? https://prnt.sc/rldicb 

What is confusing to me is "EU" like - key for whole europe but then they have listed just some countries

Thank you

You will be best to contact the supplier from whom you are interested in buying FM 19 and find out from them the exact details for your country- that way, if it doesnt work for some reason due to the country code, you will be able to take it back.