Saving games on externalhard drives

Hi

Probably a daft question, and apologies if it's been asked before, but can you change where games are saved?  My PC is probably on its last legs so it would be good to save the games to an external hard drive so I don't lose them.  I'm juts not sure if I would have to copy the entire Steam folder across for it to work too....??

Thanks

Yep, you can. If you want to just copy over where your current saves are, you can do that via Windows Explorer as with any other file. If you want to save in a different location, you select the FM menu dropdown and select "Save Game As", and then you can use the dropdown menus on that pop-up to choose where to save the game, which can be anywhere on your PC, or, as you want, on an external harddrive, USB stick, etc.

I setup a free onedrive account just for saves and my tactics etc gives piece of mind

all you have to do is log into onedrive on any computer and it’s all there

other cloud services are available 

8 hours ago, bobafett said:

How about graphics changes (face pics,backrgrounds, etc)?? Does the game map to the new location when you copy the files over...???

Best way is to get an external drive and just copy the entire Football manager 2020 folder (documents/sports interactive) to it then if you get a new computer you can just copy it to the new location on the new one.  Worth doing as a backup in any case