FM20: Foreign Affiliates for WPs

I'm a bit new to modern FM, having stopped playing at FM2005 after playing every single game beforehand!

Playing in England, I know that south American kids can be sent to a Spanish affliate for 2 years to get citizenship.  But I'm struggling to get such an affliate.

When I ask my board, the list of teams that comes up has zero Spanish teams.  I've manually picked out someone in League B4, but that's "failed to make a deal" twice now. [EDIT: And one more time, failed with another Spanish club - can we only select clubs that appear on the list the board gives us?]

Is there something I can do to help this happen?  Do I need to load the leagues of the countries I want to do this with?  Or is there a maximum number of affliates a team can have?  I just checked and Huelva have 4 already.

Hope someone can help.  Cheers.

Edited by petertr

One issue would be what Brexit you had. If Brexit went ahead in your save, and EU nationals also need a work permit to play in England, you likely won't be able to get a Spanish team for a WP affiliate, because them gaining Spanish nationality won't make any difference to their ability to come to the UK.

21 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

One issue would be what Brexit you had. If Brexit went ahead in your save, and EU nationals also need a work permit to play in England, you likely won't be able to get a Spanish team for a WP affiliate, because them gaining Spanish nationality won't make any difference to their ability to come to the UK.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have the brexit where EU players can play in the UK without any issue.

Edited by petertr

53 minutes ago, petertr said:

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have the brexit where EU players can play in the UK without any issue.

In that case, it seems either your board isn't interested in an affiliate relationship with a Spanish team, or no Spanish teams are interested in signing one with your team. 

9 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

In that case, it seems either your board isn't interested in an affiliate relationship with a Spanish team, or no Spanish teams are interested in signing one with your team. 

Thanks.

Just picked a Polish team, and that's worked fine first time.  Looks like I'll have to send those South American Wonderkids away for 3 years then!