What's your favourite logo?

I'd like you to vote for a new logo for the club I'm currently playing with.

I'm about to start the 2026-2027 season with Virtus Ispica in Italy, and they celebrate their 100 years of existence that season.

For the occasion I designed three new logos, one of them I'll continue my save with. I'd like you to vote for your favourite logo. If you can spare half a minute, please vote for your favourite here (or comment below):

Option 01:

VirtusIspica100y-01.png.56cc7e6c070a63ff5f70c08bb60f9f64.png

I wanted to do something modern like Juventus. A few simple lines or a letter, making the logo unique. In this design I used the letter "V" (Virtus) as a basis, but swapped to right side of the "V" with an italic "I" (Ispica). This way, it displays both V and I in a single gesture. I added the red and yellow colours to the left part of the "V" to reflect the club's and Sicilian colours. The founding year has also been added to the base of the logo.

Option 02:

VirtusIspica100y-02.png.01faf912cf924d5c133f1dc5d7fff820.png

A little more traditional with the addition of the branches to the base of the logo. The shape itself is simple and displays the club's name on the top, the Sicilian triskeles symbol (as seen on the Sicilian flag) to the left and the red and yellow stripes to the right. The shape is crowned with the same crown as on the Ispica crest.

Sicilian flag:

image.png.c0ab93c7c52a0b7fb6a05eaa3c829065.png

From Wikipedia:

The flag is characterized by the presence of the triskeles in its middle, the (winged) head of Medusa and three wheat ears, representing the extreme fertility of the land of Sicily,[1] The triskelion symbol is said to represent the three capes (headlands or promontories of the island of Sicily, namely: Pelorus (Peloro, Tip of Faro, Messina: North-East); Pachynus (Passero, Syracuse: South); and Lilybæum (Lilibeo, Cape Boeo, Marsala: West), which form three points of a triangle from the historical three valli of the island.[2][3]

The flag is bisected diagonally into regions colored red and yellow, red representing lava , yellow representing wheat.

Ispica Crest:

Ispica - Stemma - Coat of arms - crest of Ispica

Option 03:

VirtusIspica100y-03.png.7591b7b40beacc0fb6f482f2cae1572f.png

In this option, I've introduced a "V" and "i" again, but this time following the curvature of the base shape. I used red as a background and yellow letters to represent the club colours. This design also features the centennial 1927-2027  to suggest the completion of the mirror of the "V" shape. I do like the crown on top of the Ispica crest so I added it to this design as well.

I'll leave it open for a few days while I complete the second half of the 2025-2026 season I'm currently playing.

This is their current logo:

43106608.png.82e89a495107ee14c4c6fcae8ad32c85.png

Edited by fmonit

2 minutes ago, RHKC said:

Really cool designs! I think I prefer option 2. It looks more fitting for a celebration year.

Thanks for your vote, I'll annouce the winning design in a few days

I don't want to click to another thread- you should really take the time to explain them here.

As a graphic designer, I can comment fairly. 

Some don't have the year displayed which it should be the main feature really.

Not sure what the weird multi-legged girl has to do with it. 

I can't find much on their history - or previous crests throughout the years. 

Favourite would be Option 3.

I like option 3, in my view that seems the mostly likely one a club would choose if wanted to modernise and I agree with Smurf that the date is the most important part.

A quick google shows me the town is the largest producer of carrots in Southern Italy. If ever change again reckon could fit a carrot reference in there somewhere? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I don't want to click to another thread- you should really take the time to explain them here.

As a graphic designer, I can comment fairly. 

Some don't have the year displayed which it should be the main feature really.

Not sure what the weird multi-legged girl has to do with it. 

I can't find much on their history - or previous crests throughout the years. 

Favourite would be Option 3.

Thanks for the feedback Smurf, I added explanatory notes in the OP.

Good point about the year being displayed. Only option 2 doesn't have this shown. If option 2 turns out to be the winner, I might add the year somewhere.

I think option 2 looks the best, though I would add that it needs the year the club was founded seeing as it's a centenary logo.

Special shout out for number 1 though as it's a really clever design.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!.

I received 17 votes over 2 different threads.

These are the results:

• Three votes for option 3
  • Seven votes for option 2
  • Seven votes for option 1

A tie between option 1 and 2!

So after a brief review of both winning options, I've decided to move forward with option 1 (with some minor adjustments):

43106608.png.0d761b01a52c513ef86f08daa5dbc1a1.png

Adjustments:

• I've made the year move obvious as this is a centennial celebration. So this should really feature in the logo which is why I've moved the founding and current year to the top of the "V" and aligned it in the same direction as the corresponding leg of the "V". Thanks for the feedback regarding the year everyone!
  • I've dropped the text to the bottom of the logo as it felt a bit heavy on the top. It also looked like a triangle from a distance which doesn't do the "V" justice. With dropping the club name to the bottom, the "V" feels more grand and has a stronger presence.
  • I've also removed U.S.D. in the club name. zethani pointed out that it stands for Unione Sportiva Dilettantistica (Amateur Sport Union), which no longer applies to our club now that we are a professional club. So I could drop the "D" and just have "U.S. VIRTUS ISPICA", but I decided to drop the U.S. all together and just have "VIRTUS ISPICA". There is only one club from Ispica so we really don't need the U.S. to separate us from other clubs and Juventus doesn't have the "FC" on their logo either.

Thanks for all the feedback and helping me out making a decision regarding which logo to continue with. Now we just have to become the best club of Sicily first, Italy after and the world later....

They're all pretty cool designs! I'm liking the changes you made to the first option and sounds like you're happy with your choice. Is this a permanent change or just for the centenary year?

Edited by Cal585

3 hours ago, Cal585 said:

They're all pretty cool designs! I'm liking the changes you made to the first option and sounds like you're happy with your choice. Is this a permanent change or just for the centenary year?

Yeah I'll keep the logo for the rest of the save game. Unless another major event happens like a tycoon takeover or something like that.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great choice. I voted option 1 anyway, but the changes you made have improved it even more:thup:

Thanks mate. And thanks for casting a vote as well. I quite liked option 3, but I'm happy with option 1 as well. Option 2 was a bit too traditional for me.