Play Attacking football

When the board asks for play attacking football what exactly does this mean? 

Playing in attacking mentality?  Having lots of shots per game? Dominating possession? 

My club culture is Play possession football, Play attacking football.

I normally like to set up in a low block, would this be considered non attacking? 

Sorry sarcasm  doesn’t come across well, i was meaning just my luck, squad does not suit expected style of play. 

Out of interest how often does it roughly expect you to play this way? 

Away from home, tough games for example, would you be expected to play this way?

Or would goals and over achieving make up for it? 

This actually was something I looked into recently. Attacking football seems to be mainly about shots/game and goals/game or that is how the board is going to judge you. You don't need to use any specific Mentality. The info is from a while back, but should still be pretty much the same. I know for definite that Mentality doesn't matter here.

I feel i could play possession football comfortably with a lower block and create more chances than the opposition but was wondering if this would count as attacking football as i make chances, or if I’m expected to be closing down high up the pitch and playing with a more creative direct approach 

If you're going to create plenty of chances and get shots off and get goals, that's attacking.

I found this thread as well, where a user used a Balanced mentality and still fulfilled the philosophy.

As a big fan of Sir Alex for example i find it a paradox that he is considered an attacking manager when his usual defensive set up was a lower organised block and many goals were scored on the counter. Obviously they would dominate many games at home against poor opponents but as a rule were conservative in big matches and deadly on the counter 

Hunt3r that makes sense, may have a chance now as I don’t have the budget to replace the back 4.

Eventually i would like to play with a higher block but i first need the players and then the tactical know how to pull it off. 

I’m Preston North End and I’m currently reading a book about Sir Tom Finney’s last season, they got relegated the next season never to return to the top flight. It sounds as though they were were the Arsenal of a few years ago back in the day, playing attractive passing football but never quite winning the league, consistently top 4, runners up on a few occasions (only loosing the league on goal average one year).

i want to play a 433 with a DM to try and play the old fashioned center forward, 2 wingers and central midfielders acting like the old inside forwards in the WM formation. 

If you look at the boards feedback on your tactics they judge you on shots/shots on target when asking you to play attacking football.

As long as your tactic is creating plenty of chances you can achieve this with most mentalities, it doesn't mean you have to use attacking mentality.

I exclusively play on balanced with 3 attack duties and always meet the boards expectation of playing attacking football.

11 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Unfortunately yes. Low block is directly associated with defensive styles of football. 

If you set a tactic up correctly though, even with a low block you can create many chances which will meet the boards criteria of attacking football.

2 hours ago, Hilly1979 said:

If you set a tactic up correctly though, even with a low block you can create many chances which will meet the boards criteria of attacking football.

Honestly, with a low block you can create more (and better) chances in general than with a higher one, so you are right on that point :thup: 

I just was not sure if that would be regarded as "attacking football" by the board. 

4 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Honestly, with a low block you can create more (and better) chances in general than with a higher one, so you are right on that point :thup: 

I just was not sure if that would be regarded as "attacking football" by the board. 

When you look at the feedback from the board you get the comment along the lines of "we're pleased to see the amount of shots which fits our vision of attacking football" with a green thumbs up.

I've never played on a defensive mentality but I'm pretty sure if you managed to still create chances  the board would still see it as attacking.

I'm not sure this part of the game works correctly, managing spurs, my expectations are to play possession and attacking football, I don't set out to do either but manage to create plenty of chances and have midfielders who complete 90% of their passes and the board love it so not complaining 😀