Do tactics 'expire'?

I think I may have seen this previously, but does the AI figure out your tactic after a certain period of time and make it far less effective, or does it have the capacity to do this?

I seem to be hitting a roadblock at about December of every season where my tactic goes from working very well to struggling.

I'm not looking to have a whinge, just interested in the game mechanics and whether I need to be overhauling the tactic more regularly or if it's due to other factors.

The AI cannot figure out a specific tactic. What it can do and does do, is react based on factors like form, league position, player rep and club rep.

What usually happens in December is that teams re-assess and in cases where users are doing very well (especially with a team not expected to) they will now be more cautious against that team... essentially taking them more seriously and treating the team like a top of the league top, as an example.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

The AI cannot figure out a specific tactic. What it can do and does do, is react based on factors like form, league position, player rep and club rep.

What usually happens in December is that teams re-assess and in cases where users are doing very well (especially with a team not expected to) they will now be more cautious against that team... essentially taking them more seriously and treating the team like a top of the league top, as an example.

Yeah okay, that would make sense. We're still extremely solid on the defensive end, but having troubles getting on the scoresheet, so I'll just need to find a way to bust a defence. Thanks for your help.