[FM20] - Unofficially Official Spanish Football Thread

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

It's a disappointment, but shouldn't really 'matter' with Arezo ready to step up. Good finish last season for you :thup:

I have been playing Loren instead of Arezo as I don't want the pressure to be too much for him at a young age. I will be having him come on in the last 20 minutes of most games and might start him in a few.

Honestly think Arezo is more than ready. It could accelerate his development as well. 

Both the newgens look very good. Although I think I am seeing a trend with newgen strikers who look great all round but have poor finishing. Hopefully you can get that up. 

13 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Honestly think Arezo is more than ready. It could accelerate his development as well. 

Both the newgens look very good. Although I think I am seeing a trend with newgen strikers who look great all round but have poor finishing. Hopefully you can get that up. 

Yeah I noticed that as well. That is a bit weird isn't it.

Rayo Vallecano Mid Season Update

A fairly below average season so far. Struggling to find consistency. Something I found with Metz so I am used to it.

I was ok doing ok and then had a rubbish October losing 3 in a row.

image.thumb.png.36cdef0625108dfb052ceafb8c789e2f.png

December was just as bad as October when I lost 3 La Liga games in the month, I thrashed a lower league 10-0 though lol.

image.thumb.png.02cc74c6e74114f629d2635058c6e926.png

I am currently 12 in the league with 19 games gone.

image.thumb.png.07f4d2ccaf8c6cae2325ab750693253b.png

Matias Arezo has been awesome and proved me wrong, he is ready and his time is now. He has scored 9 goals in 10 games and has the best average rating as well. 

image.thumb.png.d3cd229d26f85cff8e5923d626105e26.png

My youth intake is looking really good after seeing the review come up in my inbox.

image.thumb.png.8f1b27a2e060d295d9aed65a5591f68a.png

Rayo Vallecano January Window & Results

A pretty good January results wise, the key result was getting a point against Barcelona. 

image.thumb.png.81f898482228aa1d7ac32baaa71c694d.png

I am currently 10th in the league which is better and where I am expecting to be most seasons. I still got plenty of time to get a better position or for it all to get terribly wrong lol.

image.thumb.png.e4777918dd08dc620d85d05a9170bb0b.png

Matias Arezo continues to get better and better. He also got the Liga BBVA Player Of The Month.

He has scored 15 goals in 18 games so far

image.thumb.png.23d577411b1d77f512fbfcf21abc4c23.png

image.thumb.png.ce0f53d7b0f1e2dd11f0b7dcc0163cfa.png

Amad Traore currently on loan from Man City has been amazing with 8 goals and 10 assists. I will be sad when he goes back to Man City.

image.thumb.png.bdc8b94b2b2fcaafdb7891943d1041b6.png

Transfer Business

Transfers Out

Esteban Saveljich - £2.9m - Granada - Was getting on a bit in age so I got rid of him while I could.

Victor Campuzano - £250k - Nastic - Wasn't good enough.

Andres Martin - £2m - Granada - Granada signed another one of my players who I didn't rate.

Jaime Mata - £1m - Al-Ain - After that massive injury his attributes went down cos of it and cos he was 32 years old at the time I thought it was best to get rid of him. He is a legend for the club in my opinion for his goals last season and will be fondly missed.

Loren - £2.5m - Brighton - He couldn't get any gametime with the emergence of Arezo and he wanted leave cos of the lack of opportunities so he went.

Luis Advincula - £1M - Mlada Boleslav - He was a good player for me but age was catching up with him so I got rid of him while I could get a decent fee for him.

Real Socidad also robbed 2 of my bright young prospect regens cos of their rubbish minimun fee release clauses.

Transfers In

Dani Gomez 

image.thumb.png.917503b89a6c18ef293fca01ce271c75.png

Gomez was bought in as a replacement for Jaime Mata and Loren. He will be 3rd striker behind Arezo and Cortez. I signed him for £850k from Real Madrid.

Rick Karsdorp

image.thumb.png.72777ae17099a5ee4635866554e4acd5.png

Karsdorp is a decent right back I bought in as a replacemt for Advincula. I could of signed him on a free in the summer but I chose to pay £1.6m to sign him from Roma straight away and has settled in nicely.

Alejandro Pozuelo

image.thumb.png.c10081f76cab084cda4399aacfca5eec.png

I managed to sign him on a free as he didn't have a club in January after being released by Toronto FC. He looks like a decent player who can come in a do a job when needed.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great to see Arezo living up to our predictions. Mid-table is very satisfactory. 

How many 'Fgn' players do you have at the club?

I think I have got 5 but 2 of them aren't in the squad. the 3 I have in the main registered squad is 2 Uruguayans in Arezo and Martin Campana and I got a Columbian called Hugo Cortez.

I wish I could have all 5 of them in the squad.

I have this played from Peru who I like the look of called Miguel Araujo.

image.thumb.png.635ae414d5aafef5713fab003700d726.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Rayo Vallecano February & March Results

A very good few months for me, I only lost once in the last 2 months. 

image.thumb.png.0e6ead8e35b88b5fc7fbed325cfda017.png

I am now up to 8th in the league. I would be happy if the season ended now lol.

image.thumb.png.65d82425efc0b850c11c3f3f5771e98a.png

Arezo has 19 goals in 25 games now. I reckon he might get up to 30 goals by the end of the season.

image.thumb.png.39de86144a72f276143d6ac0313f4012.png

Rayo Vallecano End Of Season Review

image.thumb.png.5b1e6473e2fc1f6da92e032a890ab57c.png

I managed to get a 5th place and European football for Rayo. A great season for the club and beating Real Madrid was the cherry on the cake.

image.thumb.png.8b78259af8ad538ef528167deeff4683.png

Matias Arezo was the best player for me this season with 25 goals in 32 games.  A great return for a player I only paid £2.5m for and his value is already up to £20m. I got him to sign a new contract with a £69m Minimum release fee clause.

image.thumb.png.3d6e363cb2bd0fe2c89a67065b6415a6.png

Awards Time

Matias Arezo got the Rayo Player Of The Year award with 49% of the votes, on loan players Amad Traore and Ilaix Moriba got 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

image.thumb.png.de02919afbe0dcf6ae6ec06dbe9eccb0.png

Arezo got the Spanish League Young Player Of The Year.

image.thumb.png.54892333fa8acf10c491ccf368951dab.png

Arezo was runner up in the Spanish League Player Of The Year award. Daniel Parejo got the award.

image.thumb.png.d334490772c876110d796b5fbc5c2e59.png

Arezo has also won the Spanish First Division To Goalscorer Award beating Morta and Messi. This will give the lad a lot of confidence moving forward.

image.thumb.png.f1b2d58ac4a1debde4065cbd06b9f846.png

Arezo also made the Spanish First Division Team Of The Year as well.

image.thumb.png.d5f431fe820379a6ae22ba7e75f8420e.png

I am around as well :D

Arezo is doing brilliantly for you - happy to see that! Getting that release clause up definitely a smart piece of business by you. BTW you should also have a look at his striking partner from the Uruguayan youth teams Gutierrez.

Excellent win over Real, and well done qualifying for Europe. The Europa league should be a good challenge for you.

I didn't realize you had Advincula in the first place, I really like him as well after seeing him play in the WC in Russia. However I guess he must be getting on by now.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I am around as well :D

Arezo is doing brilliantly for you - happy to see that! Getting that release clause up definitely a smart piece of business by you. BTW you should also have a look at his striking partner from the Uruguayan youth teams Gutierrez.

Excellent win over Real, and well done qualifying for Europe. The Europa league should be a good challenge for you.

I didn't realize you had Advincula in the first place, I really like him as well after seeing him play in the WC in Russia. However I guess he must be getting on by now.

Oh yeah I forgot all about you lol. Only joking.

I will have a look at Gutierrez, to be honest my striker options are very good at the moment so probably wont need to bring anyone else in up front. I need some better central defenders but I think Araujo will do well for me.

I really like my squad, I just wish I could play more South Americans but I think after 2 years they become Home Grown or something like that so they wont count as being a Foreign player which means I can bring a few more in.

I got my eye on Kaio Jorge and Brandon Cortes if I was ever to get new strikers in.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh yeah I forgot all about you lol. Only joking.

I will have a look at Gutierrez, to be honest my striker options are very good at the moment so probably wont need to bring anyone else in up front. I need some better central defenders but I think Araujo will do well for me.

I really like my squad, I just wish I could play more South Americans but I think after 2 years they become Home Grown or something like that so they wont count as being a Foreign player which means I can bring a few more in.

I got my eye on Kaio Jorge and Brandon Cortes if I was ever to get new strikers in.

Yes that's right and a good thing about Spain is that they gain dual citizenship in just two years. Big clubs often sign young players and then loan them out for a season or two. 

Kaio is a player I've always wanted to manage as well. Keep it up! 

20 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes that's right and a good thing about Spain is that they gain dual citizenship in just two years. Big clubs often sign young players and then loan them out for a season or two. 

Kaio is a player I've always wanted to manage as well. Keep it up! 

I have managed him before when I was Lyon manager and he was unreal, Such a great striker.

Raya Vallecano Transfer Business 

Transfers Out

Stole Dimitrievski - £600K - Leeds - Wanted a new keeper in so got rid of Stole as I know he wouldn't want to be on the bench.

Martin Campana - £3.6m - Al-Gharfa - They made a good offer for a keeper I know I wouldn't have many good seasons with so got rid of him while I could make profit on him. I signed him for £525k so not bad return on the player.

Miguel Araujo - £8.75m - Monaco - Despite me offering him a new contract and doubling his money he went to Monaco. I was gutted about this one but nothing I can do.

Transfers In

Dominik Greif

£1m - Slovan Brataslavia - First Keeper through the door was this guy. He hasn't played yet but looks decent.

image.thumb.png.1818dbc6cc106d376ec9c78c43ac2b85.png

Lucien Agoume

Free transfer - Inter Milan - A bright, young French midfielder who main role is BBM which suits my tactic. He will get some game time in the cup games.

image.thumb.png.ebd01984a3018517d0c6c0e6db4297d5.png

Dusan Markovic

£175k - FK Rad - Another keeper through the door, will be a decent back up.

image.thumb.png.e06d1c2222c18bd09a09b347567baa8d.png

Luigi Sepe

£1.5m - Parma - My main keeper for the season will be Luigi Sepe, I know him well from my Parma save so I know what I am getting with him.

image.thumb.png.f4861ec40356c7e140cab08f7b52fe2b.png

Enzo Barrenechea

£4.4m - Juventus - An Argentinian wonderkid looks amazing, I sent him out on loan to Real Vallodolid as I knew he wouldn't get registered for my squad when I got Arezao and Cortez already in them attacking positions but he is doing well at Real Vallodolid so he will feature more next season. He is only 21 so has plenty of time ahead of him.

image.thumb.png.c00c96907e825b6ed75d15a3eb367779.png

Look at him in this photo. Future superstar in the making.

image.jpeg.8312927448821efdafe2ac55a4aa8e22.jpeg

William Di Giola

£5m - Velez - I desperately needed a left back and my scouts highly rated him, could be a massive player for me at Rayo. 

image.thumb.png.9e591514b1d410ff55445558f222aac8.png

I also signed Fabio Silva, Jayden Braaf, Federico Dimarco, Claudio Gomes and Alejandro Pozo on loan and signed Ednison Cavani, Martin Carceres, Diego Godin, Cristian Ansaldi and Evan Hovland on free's to plug my defense as I was lacking in players in defense and also they would be good tutors.

So Fabio Silva made one hell of a debut just now lol. 5 goals in the first game.

image.thumb.png.b3e8146fc118dc5f33a878ef94cf9b5d.png

Results so far have been decent. I started well winning the first 2, then losing 3 games in a row and then finally bouncing back with 3 wins in a row.

image.thumb.png.e5f0c11722809014fcf168beda1665b2.png

I have got Genk, Dynamo Kiev and Feyenoord in my Europa League group. I beat Feyenoord in the first game.

image.thumb.png.24b88d6d003e69e6a7fa658086bd7b35.png

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I like Greif, Braaf and Agoume in real life, I hope they work out well. The signing of Silva should be great for you, especially with Arezo missing. 

Yeah luckily for me Silva is scoring a fair few goals but the player that has surprised me this season has been Pozo who wasn't that prolific since we made the step up to La Liga BBVA but this season he is my top scorer with 9 goals and mainly playing on the left wing.

Been checking Segunda in preparation for my Deportivo save, and just found that Racing are in ever deeper troubles both in-game and real life. Now I am torn in between which of the two of them I should fail at saving - do I move to A Coruna or Santander? :))

@Ronaldo Beckham wow that's a lot of transfers! I like Agoume he was actually my last signing at red star before my laptop went kaput. The newgen LB also looks very good if you can get his pace up. Best of luck for the season!

@Muttley84 I would go Super Depor have fond memories of them and love the stadium name. 

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Been checking Segunda in preparation for my Deportivo save, and just found that Racing are in ever deeper troubles both in-game and real life. Now I am torn in between which of the two of them I should fail at saving - do I move to A Coruna or Santander? :))

I think either one would be a big challenge. I would say Deportivo but Racing would be good as well. Good luck and I hope you post in here as its lonely in here lol.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

@Ronaldo Beckham wow that's a lot of transfers! I like Agoume he was actually my last signing at red star before my laptop went kaput. The newgen LB also looks very good if you can get his pace up. Best of luck for the season!

@Muttley84 I would go Super Depor have fond memories of them and love the stadium name. 

Yeah Agoume looks decent so far.

Arezo has just won the World Under 21 Football Of The Year award.

image.thumb.png.be7480426b13e5a2ed7e74c3d4b48587.png

He also won the European Golden Boy award

image.thumb.png.7ef6b0bd80ba0925593d45d4f56c6dc8.png

Rayo Vallecano Mid Season Update

A mixed season, the issue is finding consistency, I will win 3 games and then lose 3 after that.

image.thumb.png.8b9bef69f5431bcb437381f55477749f.png

image.thumb.png.7d6e053393259d040a5852608a60e32f.png

I am currently 8th in the league which isn't bad but I would of liked to have been top 6 by now.

Still plently of time and only 8 points between me and 4th.

image.thumb.png.1401cc12dc7bf086cd49d83c475da5cf.png

Hugo Cortez has been the main man this season with 14 goals and 9 assists so far. Pozo who is injured was up there but I think it will be between Cortez and Arezo for the club's best player this seaosn, I think if Arezo didn't get injured he would of had a fair few more goals.

image.thumb.png.d85caeb0b85dd5b2a8d82c2b24393da0.png

Arezo is now valued at £46m and weirdly Sevilla are after him but I can't imagine they will be able to afford to pay the £69m minimum release clause.

image.thumb.png.8a670708620176177e85ab7f122968e9.png

UPDATE - I just got Arezo to sign a new contract with a minimum fee release clause of £105m ha ha ha. He is here forever lol

image.png.b7daae03c2cee7086ed151adf7166dc3.png

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

im looking to do la liga save. im torn between, sevilla,valencia and real Sociedad?

All would have their challenges and some would be easier then others. It just depends on how hard you want it to be.

I saw Sevilla play the other day and they play very nice football so they would be my choice and their transfer policy is pretty good as well.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

All would have their challenges and some would be easier then others. It just depends on how hard you want it to be.

I saw Sevilla play the other day and they play very nice football so they would be my choice and their transfer policy is pretty good as well.

I went for Sociedad in the end. they have a lot of Spanish players, and over the years I have tried saves with the other 2, bit to no avail. plus Sociedad are doing well this year, so thought I would see how well I can do with them. prob take about ten years to win the league!

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

I went for Sociedad in the end. they have a lot of Spanish players, and over the years I have tried saves with the other 2, bit to no avail. plus Sociedad are doing well this year, so thought I would see how well I can do with them. prob take about ten years to win the league!

Good luck with Socidad, feel free to post updates on here.

25 minutes ago, rosque said:

can someone explain how i can make the most of my b team? how many players can play in same season for main squad and b team etc

I got no idea, I assumed you can promote them or demote them whenever you want. 

Rayo Vallecano Season Review

Rayo gets Champions League Football with a top 4 finish.

image.thumb.png.a15ee3471f8b65465162f39649fd0aa2.png

Look at the run I had in the last 3 months. I didn't cheat either, no saving it and reloading, no cheat tactics either. My team just went for it and got the Champions League football they deserve.

Hopefully this will help the finances as I am currently 13 million in the red.

Hugo Cortez ended up the top scorer for the club with 24 goals in 39 games, 10 assists and 8 Man Of The Match awards.

image.thumb.png.7f474bab1eac05a4a0e1f36906efdb24.png 

Matias Arezo had a quieter season but he still had a good season, 17 goals in 41 games, 7 assists and 4 Man Of The Match awards. He continues to improve and is valued at £47m now.

image.thumb.png.72621e20ba6a8e0ea8e7964e59ead4a5.png

Jose Pozo had a great season, better then expected. He got 16 goals in 32 games, 11 assists and 6 Man Of The Match awards.

image.thumb.png.56ba0a9b91fd02bfb18ccb74a1e58aa7.png

I look forward to seeing how I do in the Champions League.

Awards Time

Jose Pozo won the Fans Player Of The Season award, followed by Hugo Cortez and then Claudio Gomes

image.thumb.png.e1aeb0768cbf8d0943e37d14736e6570.png

Hugo Cortez won the Spanish League Young Player Of The Year

image.thumb.png.a3f3e048499edfb5a93453da59757130.png

Cortez was runner up to Paul Pogba of all people in the Spanish League Top Scorer award.

image.thumb.png.4605de66bc7809b37301b5964ea6d164.png

I won the Manager Of The Season award

image.thumb.png.c80778fe06d778d79e0abfa71596ca10.png

Arezo made the subs bench on the Spanish League Team Of The Year, Cortez nowhere near the team which annoyed me.

image.thumb.png.1763b1e0e0781b514eaa903c45e30ba2.png

17 hours ago, oze07 said:

Very nice choice - they have some excellent players like Oyarzabal, Isak, Januzaj and Willian Jose as well. Should be a fun save.

9 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

image.thumb.png.5b892da0181a7fd0dc9a07bf46d2991c.png

Full review coming up soon.

Fantastic :applause:

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Rayo Vallecano have jumped up by 504 places to 116th best club in Europe now. 

That's quite the jump lol

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Very nice choice - they have some excellent players like Oyarzabal, Isak, Januzaj and Willian Jose as well. Should be a fun save.

Fantastic :applause:

That's quite the jump lol

Yeah I am happy with the jump. I hope I can push on now and become a top 4 team every season.