This game still unrealistically easy?

4 hours ago, johnsie said:

Just wondering if the latest version is just a continuation with some surface changes.

Depends on who you listen to- some think it is, some think it's not.  Try the demo and make up your own mind.

I downloaded a 'Better Managers and Coaches' database file of some FM site which improves them considerably and makes the game a lot harder and more interesting. For example it now takes me 4-5 seasons to get to dominating leagues and UCL finals with teams like Schalke and Arsenal - as opposed to 2-3 seasons in the past. 

Id try the demo like Fraz has mentioned. We all have different play styles etc, so easy for you might seem different to someone else. AI has improved every year and for me at least, its not as easy as previous years. Still after 7-8 seasons its 'easier' to build a super squad, but still extremely fun in doing so.

3 hours ago, freddieos said:

I downloaded a 'Better Managers and Coaches' database file of some FM site which improves them considerably and makes the game a lot harder and more interesting. For example it now takes me 4-5 seasons to get to dominating leagues and UCL finals with teams like Schalke and Arsenal - as opposed to 2-3 seasons in the past. 

Yeah, managing a top club gets very easy after 2-3 seasons. Really hoping this changes in future versions for a more sim feel to the game.