Goal line tech Whats the point

I think its been in the game for 3 years now and Iv'e only seen a Goal given once.

So whats the point? apart from to annoy the player.

You can say realism, but goals actually get given in real life.

If you're actually seeing the goal line tech give goals I beg you show some examples, because to tell you the truth I'm very sceptical.

Also half the time it pops up I cant even see the ball, no movement towards the line then stopping like MOTD

I don't think I've ever seen a goal given by it, but having it in does not annoy me. If someone asked me to name 100 features in the game, I still wouldn't think of the goal line technology.

2 hours ago, jere_d said:

I think its been in the game for 3 years now and Iv'e only seen a Goal given once.

So whats the point? apart from to annoy the player.

You can say realism, but goals actually get given in real life.

If you're actually seeing the goal line tech give goals I beg you show some examples, because to tell you the truth I'm very sceptical.

Also half the time it pops up I cant even see the ball, no movement towards the line then stopping like MOTD

If you are playing in England then the goal line replay thing is pointless anyway because if the ball crosses the line the goal will just be given by the referee as we have the watch that tells him it is a goal

10 hours ago, cris182 said:

If you are playing in England then the goal line replay thing is pointless anyway because if the ball crosses the line the goal will just be given by the referee as we have the watch that tells him it is a goal

Sorry but have you ever seen the ball cross the line, get cleared then the ref gives the goal?????

have you ever seen a replay showing the ball actually crossed the line????

im betting both answers are no.

so literally this is just something added to annoy the user.

33 minutes ago, jere_d said:

so literally this is just something added to annoy the user.

I'm sure thats what SI was aiming for, not realism of the game, but to annoy users. Seems they are pretty good at it also as it clearly worked with you :)