Carrilero+Inside forward

I was wondering if you can play the Carrilero role while having inside forwards? I have heard the role is to cover up when you don't have flank roles in you tactic, but since the inside forward is further up the pitch and cuts inside, I thought it might work. Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.b1dd47f854454fb53c8fc2017f0965ec.png

1 hour ago, Tryllefot said:

I was wondering if you can play the Carrilero role while having inside forwards? I have heard the role is to cover up when you don't have flank roles in you tactic, but since the inside forward is further up the pitch and cuts inside, I thought it might work. Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.b1dd47f854454fb53c8fc2017f0965ec.png

Ive used that combination before and I really like it, it seems like the natural choice to use as a combination.

When the inside moves inside, the carrilero covers the space vacated, yet doesn't push forward so aggressively as to crowd the space of the number 10 or the inside forward.

2 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

I regularly use a carrilero role in formations with wide forwards (sometimes even with wide midfielders) and I don't see any problem with that. It was sort of an issue back in FM18, but has been fixed as of FM19.

There are other things in your tactic I personally would consider problematic, but that's another story. Anyway, if you are pleased with your results and/or how the tactic works for your team, then stick with it :thup:

I've tried a Carillero in a wide formation upon advice from @Experienced Defender. It didn't necessarily not work, but when I changed him to a standard CM, it opened up a lot of space for my full back on the same side. 

Although I have to say I played with a IFs and a FBa on that side, so not quite the same as in your set-up. 

Something else to comment on your tactic - you almost only have attacking roles and duties. I think you might struggle finding space in attack, and you'll definitely be hit on the counter.