[FM20] Celtic: Keeping the Bhoys Together

Sean1967

8th January 2020

Jozo Simunovic had asked to go out on loan until the end of the season to get some more first team football. I feel Cardiff is a good level for him and can hopefully help get him a permanent move in the summer for a decent fee. 

fCq9kky.png

EKEkrFM.png

10th January 2020

There was a lot of interest coming in for wonderkid Karaomoko Dembele. I had to tie him down on a decent contact to put them off thankfully it worked and should see him settled for the next couple seasons at least. I also arranged a pre-contract for Jackson Irvine, a handy player to return to the club. He counts towards out homegrown quota and has had a decent career down south since leaving. We have the option to bring him in now for £1.2m but I don't think I'll take it up.

lyGiut0.png

vPz4y6q.png

Nr3dQzg.png

19th January 2020 - Scottish Cup 4th And

DGGoybl.png

Starting XI: Bain, Elhamed, Ajer, Jullien, Taylor, Brown (c), McGregor, Forrest (Dembele 70'), Christie (Rogic 70'), Johnston (Elyounoussi 70'), Griffiths
Unused Subs: Forster, Frimpong, Bitton, Ntcham

A good win to progress in the cup after a couple weeks off. It gave me the chance to get some players back up to match fitness and give some rested players a run out. Up next is a home tie with Elgin.

W9kiVI3.png

22nd January 2020 - Scottish Premiership

5T3N9g4.png

Starting XI: Forster, Elhamed, Bitton, Jullien (Ajer 52'), Taylor, Ntcham, McGregor (c), Forrest (Dembele 60'), Rogic, Elyounoussi, Edouard (Griffiths 60')
Unused Subs: Bain, Ajer, Frimpong, Soro, Johnston

This was a good win on the road. Again I rotated the squad a bit through suspension and to get guys up to full fitness. The result means back-to-back fixtures with 3 different scorers. 

23rd January 2020

YyQYPnY.png

26th January 2020 - Scottish Premiership

hPS7Q7F.png

Starting XI: Forster, Frimpong, Bitton, Jullien, Taylor, Brown (c), McGregor, Forrest (Dembele 89'), Christie (Ntcham 62'), Elyounoussi (Johnston 62'), Edouard
Unused Subs: Bain, Ajer, Elhamed, Griffiths

It was looking to a bore draw until impact sub Karamoko Dembele set up Odsonne Edouard to seal the 3 points in the final minute of the 90. I'm hoping this is a partnership that can come up with a few more goals in the coming months.

29th January 2020 - Scottish Premiership

tMrfuLT.png

Starting XI: Forster, Frimpong (Elhamed HT), Ajer, Jullien, Taylor, Brown (c), McGregor (Ntcham 59'), Elyounoussi, Rogic, Johnston, Edouard (Griffiths 84')
Unused Subs: Bain, Bitton, Dembele, Arzani

An exciting 45 minutes followed by a not so exciting 45. This has always been something that has annoyed me about playing FM.

31st January 2020

The fans don't seem to be so pleased with the double Stoke swoop. I was quite pleased to get them in. Liam Lindsay looks a good value replacement for Jozo Simunovic, he looks a better player but lacks Jozo's physicality. Nick Powell is a player who I've always liked and is regularly linked with the club. He can also cover as a striker meaning I don't need to bring one in.

N3dT1rO.png

Mdgq0S1.png

SUWHqzr.png

xT0piph.png

Edited by Sean1967

January 2020 Summary

Fixtures

cNrSM7f.png

League Table

1mfspSO.png

Celtic Player of the Month 

ORsV3fi.png

Squad Stats

SDCKFFl.png

1st February 2020

Scottish Premiership Manager Player of the Month

Tp4C0P1.png

Scottish Premiership Goal of the Month

ORsV3fi.png

Transfer Round-up

HEV2EJb.png

1st February 2020 - Scottish Premiership

GdDqGV5.png

Starting XI: Forster, Elhamed, Ajer (Bitton  60'), Lindsay, Bolingoli, Brown (c), McGregor, Elyounoussi (Dembele 60'), Christie* (Rogic 60'), Johnston, Bayo
Unused Subs: Bain, Taylor, Ntcham, Edouard

Facing St Mirren who are toiling at the foot of the table gave me the chance to rotate the squad heavily. Liam Lindsay came in and had a solid debut. Mo Elyounoussi and Vakoun Bayo both managed to get on the scoresheet. Ryan Christie is finally back up and running, netting a brace to re-find his pre-leg break form.

5th February 2020 - Scottish Premiership

VAWkkI6.png

Starting XI: Forster, Elhamed, Ajer, Lindsay, Bolingoli, Brown (c)McGregor (Ntcham 61'), Elyounoussi (Dembele 31'), Powell* (Rogic 60'), Christie, Bayo (Edouard 61')
Unused Subs: Bain, Taylor, Ntcham, Edouard

A few days later I kept largely the same starting XI with them having impressed. Ryan Christie got another double cementing his spot behind the striker. Boli Bolingoli is also close to nailing down the left back spot. Nick Powell made his debut but failed to overly impress, Liam Lindsay however had another good performance. 

U19RZp7.png

• 2 weeks later...

6th February 2020

IbjckyJ.png

y9cbszi.png

9th February 2020

XWn3Wxc.png

6th February 2020 - Scottish Cup 5th And

Gv2tsPt.png

Starting XI: Bain, Frimpong, Lindsay, Jullian, Bolingoli, McInroyNtcham (c), Dembele*, Rogic (Powel 50'), Johnston, Bayo (Edouard 50')
Unused Subs: Forster, Bitton, Bolingoli, McGregor, Christie

I rotated the squad heavy here and handed a first team debut to reserve captain Kerr McInroy, in which he impressed. I think he could do with the first team football so I will be trying to loan him out until the end of the season. The start of the show however, was Karmoko Dembele. Despite being 5'4" he scored a perfect hat-trick. 

11th February 2020

L8EArS5.png

• 4 weeks later...

14th February 2020 - Scottish Premiership

ApbFWLl.png

Starting XI: Forster, Frimpong, Lindsay (Ajer  79'), Jullian, Taylor, Brown (c), Ntcham, Forrest, McGregor* (Christie 57'), Johnston, Edouard (Griffiths 57')
Unused Subs: Bain, Bolingoli, Powel, Rogic

17th February 2020

nYA7IaZ.png

18th February 2020

G7tj1kG.png

07Hl4Qj.png

RGhjfYB.png

22nd February 2020

KMH5wJF.png

23rd February 2020 - Scottish Premiership

0OYCEoj.png

Starting XI: Forster, Elhamed, Lindsay, Jullian, Forrest (Dembele 88')Brown (c), Ntcham (Powell 88'), McGregor, Johnston*, Edouard, Griffiths
Unused Subs: Bain, Ajer, Frimpong, Christie, Rogic

24th February 2020

CZQ63le.png

Edited by Sean1967

• 1 month later...