My Larne Challenge

So i decided to start in a nation I know 0% about and with a team who had only just come up from the lower league. My thinking was this would be a major work in progress and winning the title would be a 2 or 3 year process. Straight away I noticed that this challenge may be a little easier than I thought. Being only 1 of 2 clubs in the league to be professional and with money to spend i wanted to make it a fun experiment. 

So i started my save hoping to win the league within 3 seasons. And within 5 making the group atage of the Champions League (optimistic i know).

Early parts of the season were slow starting and I wanted to try to build up a positive feeling within the squad. My main focus was the League so cups weren't something I was looking to progress in.

Signings for the first season were Darnell Johnson £525k and Jason Lokilo £650k

January I took Joel Cooper on loan from Linfield and signed Emmanuel Osadebe for £77k

First 4 games all ended in draws and we were 8 points off top side Glenavon. We then went on a run of 6 games won in a row putting into 4th place.

My first loss came to Ballymena a game which we dominated but lost 1-0.

The remainder of the first season was a case of win a few then go on a run of draws. Heading into the split i was top of the table 3 points clear. I felt good for the last 5 games but the first 3 games didn't go to plan drawing 2 and losing 1 to 2nd place Glenavon. With 2 games to go I was now 2nd and looking likely to finish there. Gelnavon then drew 2 on the bounce and heading into the final game we were top on goal difference. And a comfortable win saw us crowned champions in our first season.

2nd season to follow once completed 

Season 2 was very different from season 1. I was favourite for the title which wasn't great as expectations would be higher. I had a tough run in for CL qualification. I made i though all the way to the playoff where I came unstuck against Rangers. I at least made it into the Europa League (which didn't go so well).

Managed to sign quite a few players either on a free or loan or for a small fee. These were my incoming for the 20/21 season.

Rohan Ferguson from Motherwell - Free

Joel Cooper from Linfield - £73k

George Hirst from Leicester - £550k

Ethan Hamilton from Manchester United - £300k

Ryan Delaney from Bolton - £140k

Ross Doohan from Celtic - Loan

Nathan Broadhead from Everton - Loan (will join permanently at end of June)

Kian Flanagan from Crystal Palace - Initially a loan but signed permanently for £625k

Scott Kashket from Wycombe - £325k

Josh Knight from Leicester - £500k

Aminu Mohammed from Man City - Loan

Some of these were wonder signings some not so much.

Started the league season with 6 straight wins scoring 16 goals in those 4 games. Would go on runs of 5 or 6 games won then draw 1 or 2 but would eventually end the season unbeaten.

Nathan Broadhead would be the Leagues top scorer with 22 goals in 31 Appearances. George Hirst scored 15 in 30 so 2 players who played well for me all season. 

On to season 3. Can we finally reach the CL group stage? We shall see