Football Manager Wonderkids They Got Right!

Hey, this seemed like the right forum to have this discussion.

There seem to be so many articles on websites that talk about all the FM wonderkids that never made it. But is that just because its funny? What I really wanted to know was how many times FM gets it right. Of course not every player is going to be the best in the world, but do the majority of FM wonderkids make it to the top level (I'd say that generally qualifies as reputable sides)?????????

What are the famous wonderkids FM has got right in the past?

The ones I can think of in the last 5 years or so are Trent Alexander Arnold, Ruben Neves, Donnarumma, Tielemans, Tah, Sule, Gnabry

Since this post I've been going over some of the old wonderkid list websites. There seems to be a fairly good sucess rate of the of the top wonderkids but its usually helped by some of them already being around 20 and starting at a big club already (Varane for example). I'd say the top wonderkids they get about a 50% success rate. I

ts interesting to see some that drop off the lists who are now doing well in thier later years (Digne, Ter Stegen & Umititi, Laporte and Taglifico, Deulefeou). Below the top players thought the success rate is understandably bad, but it is interesting to see some now big names low down the PA list (Salah!)

Whats also clear is how many top south american wonderkids there are that never made it/FM got wrong. They definitely have a much better success predicting European wonderkinds. Just goes to show how many hurdles there are to make it to the top, Pietro Pellegris injury woes at Monaco being a prime example (although he still has plenty of time on his hands I imagine his confidence has taken a hit)

Edited by scwiffy

I played a 2-3 seasons of FM 2007 couple years ago. I remember seeing a lot of familiar names, some they got right some not so much. I don't remember it all now but, Mesut Ozil and Mandžukić were average at best, but I remember seeing 16 year old left back named Garathe Bale and they got him right.

On 16/06/2020 at 08:13, Tyburn said:

I discovered a 15 year old playing for Sporting Lisbon once. Called Ronaldo or something ...

Iirc C. Ronaldo first appeared in CM 01/02 at 17.

14 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Seems we both have it wrong as he was born in Feb 1985. So would have been 16. They got him right though didn’t they!?

They did. Fired up CM 01/02 to take a look.

CA  110 PA 160

Untitled.jpg