Greediness of players in FM!

I know the players in FM tends to be greedier than they are in real life and make unrealistic demands about salary. But it is too much when a player becomes unhappy just within his first season! I know this is a sim and not a real life emulation, but how everyone else is dealing with this? I don't mind paying the salary because I have Roman to back me up at the end of each season if I go into debt. Just because I have enough money to spend I do not want to give in to each players demands. Most of the times I won't back down but when you have team full of players thinking they need a better salary within their first season or whatever reason is just a little too much.

contract.thumb.jpg.519beb021cadec0096c85a24ea277786.jpg

contrac2t.thumb.jpg.33e47ac247369986b35021eb8cda0da7.jpg

It's a pre-concern.. You've got like 2 years until he starts bothering you, and even then it's an easy conversation to dismiss him.

The issue here is probably that he is earning a lot less than other players with the same squad status, 1.7% of total payroll is very low. Always try to lower the squad status, even if he'll be playing a lot. 

Just now, Nacaw said:

It's a pre-concern.. You've got like 2 years until he starts bothering you, and even then it's an easy conversation to dismiss him.

The issue here is probably that he is earning a lot less than other players with the same squad status, 1.7% of total payroll is very low. Always try to lower the squad status, even if he'll be playing a lot. 

Yeah I understand what you are saying but the pre-concern soon starts to become a big concern. Mostly within the first year.

Might well depend on what wages other players are on, etc. If other players who, by their contract, have less play time are being paid as much, if not more than him, he may believe, as an important player, he should be paid more.

8 hours ago, Nacaw said:

Number 1 tip when offering contracts for me. Hardball low on the playing status as much as possible and the wage demands will be lower 95% of the time. If the guy is playing like a star player but is willing to accept regular starter status then keep it that way.

I've just been promoted to the Premiership 3rd season with Sunderland and now the majority of my players are looking for new contracts, which is fair enough but the pay rises they want are incredible. I've tried to give them what they want but to bring it down with a relegation wage drop but they are not having that either.

For example keeper Jon McLaughlin was on about 6k a week and now wants 30k, while he's still classed as a good league 1 goalkeeper. I haven't brought anyone in on a big salary yet, my highest paid player is Josh Willis on 10k and is the best rated player in the team.

It's put me off to the point i'm thinking of starting a new save despite the 1st two seasons going great.

On 21/06/2020 at 14:20, mrjohnkennedy said:

I've just been promoted to the Premiership 3rd season with Sunderland and now the majority of my players are looking for new contracts, which is fair enough but the pay rises they want are incredible. I've tried to give them what they want but to bring it down with a relegation wage drop but they are not having that either.

For example keeper Jon McLaughlin was on about 6k a week and now wants 30k, while he's still classed as a good league 1 goalkeeper. I haven't brought anyone in on a big salary yet, my highest paid player is Josh Willis on 10k and is the best rated player in the team.

It's put me off to the point i'm thinking of starting a new save despite the 1st two seasons going great.

I just got promoted to the PL too and I had a number of players thinking about asking for a new contract. So far I just ignored it and only two asked me for a new deal. One was one of my star players from the champo, who whilst is only rated by my staff as a champo standard player has some potential to develop and was only on less than a middling £10k p/w, so I bumped him up to £20k. The other was a youth prospect I signed from South America on a pretty minimal salary who broke into my first team last season, and in fairness £3k for a PL LB seemed a bit mean so I bumped him up to £15k. Thinking about it I was probably a bit generous there as he had a couple of years left on his deal, but ordinarily I'm pretty tight with new contracts if they have plenty of time left.

Going back to the OP's question, I have another highly coveted England U-19 LB who attracts a lot of attention during each transfer window. As he is undervalued by the game, and on a minimal salary, I pretty well end up giving him a new deal after every window which is annoying. Now his salary is starting to match the rest of my first team and I'm struggling to fend off interest from top end PL sides.

Tip of the day: In fact I received a bid from Europa league Everton with three hours to go of the window. To prevent him becoming unhappy about when I rejected it, I accepted the bid but added a 'sign replacement first clause' to the offer. I then proceeded to do sweet FA on trying to replace him and let the window run out, cancelling the deal. This prevented him becoming unhappy as I'd fulfilled his expectations by accepting the offer but without triggering any major concerns. :D