3D Match Laggy with 5 star graphics. ?

my match engine is Laggy  even though my graphics is 5 star rating. its not the worst lag but its seems to be when a set piece has been takin or a shot which is annoying.

if anyone could help I would appreciate it :thup:

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.06.20 - 15.42.16.71.png

4 hours ago, DaaNMaaN said:

my match engine is Laggy  even though my graphics is 5 star rating. its not the worst lag but its seems to be when a set piece has been takin or a shot which is annoying.

if anyone could help I would appreciate it :thup:

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.06.20 - 15.42.16.71.png

This isn't on a laptop by any chance?

30 minutes ago, DaaNMaaN said:

Yer its on a laptop 

Probably the processor causing the issue rather than the gpu. I imagine it's throttling. There's two causes for this - power and heat. You can minimise the first by plugging your laptop into a wall socket. There's a number of things you can do to help the heat issue -

- Clean out the air vents and intakes. If you feel confident there may be a benefit from taking the back off and blowing out the fans with some compressed air.

- Use the laptop on a desk rather than on your lap. 

- You could try one of those cooler devices that are supposed to go under your laptop and provide it with more airflow

It would also be worth checking that you don't have other programs running in the background. If it's possible to tell your virus scanner to not do random scans when you're using other programs do that. 

45 minutes ago, Gangor said:

Probably the processor causing the issue rather than the gpu. I imagine it's throttling. There's two causes for this - power and heat. You can minimise the first by plugging your laptop into a wall socket. There's a number of things you can do to help the heat issue -

- Clean out the air vents and intakes. If you feel confident there may be a benefit from taking the back off and blowing out the fans with some compressed air.

- Use the laptop on a desk rather than on your lap. 

- You could try one of those cooler devices that are supposed to go under your laptop and provide it with more airflow

It would also be worth checking that you don't have other programs running in the background. If it's possible to tell your virus scanner to not do random scans when you're using other programs do that. 

Definitely this I would say

@DaaNMaaN Out of interest what laptop have you got?