Need advice with tactic

So we are not the strongest team in our league (we are expected 10th), but the board wants us in top 5. I have a lot of old players. My striker is pretty good and so are my wingers. I thought I could create a direct-counter revolving around those players. I just can't get good results though, I could use some advice.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Your right winger would make more sense on attack duty than the left one, given that he has much better off the ball. 

You keeper can be a decent SK on defend duty (considering his attributes). 

You do not necessarily need to use a low team mentality in order to play counter-attacking football. In fact, a bit higher mentality (e.g. Balanced) is usually a better choice, because it encourages faster attacking transitions.

I would rather play Castro in the DM position (regardless of the role) than Soner, given that he has considerably better defense-related attributes. In my setup, Castro would be a DM on defend duty, Borges would be a DLP on support duty in MCR position and Soner would be a CM on attack duty in MCL.

The striker (Wilczek) could play either as a PF on attack or TM on attack (more likely the former). 

In short, here is how I would set your players up in terms of roles and duties:

PFat

Wsu                                Wat

CMat    DLPsu

DMde

FBsu    CDde   CDde   WBsu

SKde

6 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Your right winger would make more sense on attack duty than the left one, given that he has much better off the ball. 

You keeper can be a decent SK on defend duty (considering his attributes). 

You do not necessarily need to use a low team mentality in order to play counter-attacking football. In fact, a bit higher mentality (e.g. Balanced) is usually a better choice, because it encourages faster attacking transitions.

I would rather play Castro in the DM position (regardless of the role) than Soner, given that he has considerably better defense-related attributes. In my setup, Castro would be a DM on defend duty, Borges would be a DLP on support duty in MCR position and Soner would be a CM on attack duty in MCL.

The striker (Wilczek) could play either as a PF on attack or TM on attack (more likely the former). 

In short, here is how I would set your players up in terms of roles and duties:

PFat

Wsu                                Wat

CMat    DLPsu

DMde

FBsu    CDde   CDde   WBsu

SKde

Thanks, I'll try it. Would you recommend get stuck in too?

Edited by StalOlympus
Adding a sentence