Becoming the Top Kickers in Lithuania

Dev'o

Becoming the 'Top Kickers' in Lithuania

Vilniaus futbolas - Sports League - Vilnius, Lithuania ...

Formed in 2016, FC 'Top Kickers' are a club based out of Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania.

Mired in the fifth division of the Eastern European country, my goal will initially be to try and get into the top flight, qualify for Europe and inevitably increase the reputation of this lesser known footballing nation.

And if we raise a superstar or two along the way, even better!

The Goalkeepers

E7cRhS9.png

6gh90Sl.png

Two very young goalkeepers, with Sluta the current number one between the two. It'll be an interesting battle between the two of them as we aim to solidify a strong young squad.

The Defence

5eYEX2j.png

xQJd7nU.png

D1wkpen.png

T8XltFx.png

The "Bulgarian Brute" Martin Tomov and "El Capitano" Paulius Butkus are the best of a bad bunch, with only four first team defenders. I'll be looking to probably dip into my B team where required.

Urbys and Kazlauskas look good as well to round out the defence.

The Midfield

VJVzBju.png

fAamVE5.png

FllSFwV.png

M869oXw.png

Again, two young midfielders back up Butkus and Mantinis

Again, with just four key midfielders to which we'll play our 4-4-2, the B team players are likely to get a run too.

The Forwards

0SqUMNE.png

CVfiNj7.png

QUc6d2t.png

Renatas Butkus & Dmitriy Zaitsev are my go-to strikers, but I'll be definitely be going with Zaitsev as my point man with his finishing stats.

Alisauskas has already been wooed by other clubs, it will be interesting if he sticks around much longer.

February 2019

6s9jVKu.png

A loss at the end of the month doesn't really undermine what was a solid pre-season.

Renatas Butkus led the line strongly and put his hand up to be the first name on the teamsheet.

March 2019

DmbfLVw.png

Three strong wins including a dominant win against Mostiskes-Tonitra sees us into second place.

We managed to get through to the next round of the SFL Cup and I really think we can continue this form into the next month.

KEgmnb9.png

April 2019

4oP5EuY.png

Two strong cup wins, with Zaitsev performing out of his skin in both. 

We're also making a habit of leaving it late, but that wont take away from an undefeated month.

May 2019

cJ4HVE5.png

The beginning of a bad month as Mantas Urbys got sent off in our Cup match against Banga B (a game with five goals in extra time!).

Our lack of depth is killing us!

We almost had another two points on the board, and gone four points clear but for a last minute two goal collapse at home to Salininkai. 

zdk6mB6.png

June 2019

B4ljqD1.png

Zaitsev continued his great form for us this season with another four goals in three games.

A 3-3 draw away sees yet another hiccup but a 2-1 home win against midfield loiterers VGTU puts us back in the hunt.

July 2019

ById9zh.png

Only two matches in July, and it's proven that Vova is our voodoo team.

Their sneaky win sees the league draw us right back to a 3 point lead going into some crucial games in August and September.

IDozako.png