Sergi Roberto...

I have to admit to not having seen much of Sergi Roberto playing, either on TV or in person, and there may well already be a thread about this. That said, surely having someone with his stats labelled as a "World-Class midfielder," one who is priced at £52 million, is a little bit of a stretch? I am not casting any aspersions here, I am just interested in what other people think about it. Perhaps his teamwork, work rate, and stamina, all at 17, along with his mentality mean he is far better than his other stats hint at. From what I have seen, though, he would make a pretty good right wing back. However, in the midfield? Even as a midfield dynamo almost purely box to boxing it, and adding energy as much as anything else, his stats are a little weak? 

I mean, you have players like Neymar who are tagged as "Elite" in their positions, yet Sergi is "World class?"

Edited by Dirty Harry

The great thing about Sergi Roberto is his versatility. Versatile players with such a good technique are also very rare. This combination makes him an extremely interesting and rare player who would complement any squad very well. However, there is no area in which he is truly world class. It's rather the unusual overall package that makes him stand out.

Sergio Roberto started as a central midfielder. Seem to remember that he got moved to right back when Dani Alves left. I wouldn't consider him world class in any position. His reputation is higher than it should be because he plays for Barcelona and he has the "world class" tag as a result. You will see a similar situation with some young regens. They will be classed as "wonderkid" but their ability isn't near to that.