Dealing with complaints about depth

I've had a couple of news items recently from my AM suggesting two or three of my team are concerned about a lack of depth in central defence.

Personally I'm pretty happy with the depth I have- 3 very good players back up by two decent youth prospects.

I'd like to avoid a mutiny though but don't want to have to go out and sign a player I don't feel I need.

I do have a good youth prospect out on loan though- so my question is, would recalling him help address it? I always find these suggestions of lack of depth a bit vague when you try to solve them.

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

I'd like to avoid a mutiny though but don't want to have to go out and sign a player I don't feel I need.

Are these high influential players that are making noise? Mutiny is quite unlikely, and the problem might pass with time.

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

I do have a good youth prospect out on loan though- so my question is, would recalling him help address it? I always find these suggestions of lack of depth a bit vague when you try to solve them.

It would help, but I doubt this will every turn to a game changing problem

If you keep winning, I wouldn't worry about it. Dynamics in FM are wonky to say the least. Keep winning & the players who are concerned will be proven wrong.

Yes, you have to keep the squad happy, but the players don't sign your paycheck. The board does. Whatever it takes to make the board happy. 

Or you’ll get what I had.. player x comes moaning about lack of depth in cb, (I was already looking at a new guy anyway) 
went and signed new guy, Player x is happy for about an hour and then comes to me worried that there’s “too much competition for places”

😐🤯😂