Goalkeeper avg. rating 6.85...no matter what!!

2 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

Why does my goalkeeper end up on about 6.85 avg rating? Anyone else experiencing this?

This has been an ongoing issue for several versions now, so really not worth worrying about IMO.

5 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

Why does my goalkeeper end up on about 6.85 avg rating? Anyone else experiencing this?

I wouldnt stress about it too much mate, its happening to everyone and yeah it is frustrating. Hoping it will be fixed for the next edition.

Some very strange stuff with GK (and other position) ratings. My goalie made a world class penalty save and his rating went up 0.1. Later in the game, my team scored a free kick (nothing to do with the GK in the build up or anything) and his rating went up 0.6

Been a problem in every single version of FM. Full backs and defensive midfielders suffer in most (but not all) FMs, goalies really is in every version.

Yeah, usually my GK  has the least good Rating for several reasons.

First - he does not get many shots to save

Second - the few shots quite often result in bizarre Goals conceded where my Team actively tried to make the oponent score a Goal or with intentional passivity did nothing to prevent them from scoring.

Third - he is the one that gets the blame for errors made elsewhere

(somhow even against better Teams i often have 5 or 10 times the shots on Goal (with working ball into box) regardless if i have 65% or 25% Possession and then not so seldom one of the oponent Teams Players soloyolos all over the field defeating 5 of my Players scoring from ranges and angles you would not believe even scoring Goals when the ball is deflected by a defensive header from the Goal line back into he field and then it says Goal nevertheless and while field Players still can get stellar Ratings the GK suffers even in a win).

Edited by Etebaer

What he said mainly ^ mine has conceded about 15 goals in about 24 matches but only has average rating 6.86 ish because he's hardly doing fook all because the other 10 players are making sure he doesn't have to :cool:

Best one I saw was an opposition keeper 7 minutes into a match and i'd not had so much of a sniff at goal. Zero shots, and i'm pretty sure the keeper hadnt even touched the ball yet.

He was on 7.0 rating. What was he doing to warrant such a score? Sendng out good vibes :hammer:

Needless to say he went to on to have a stormer of a game and finished on a solid 7.2 score and kept a clean sheet!