What is going on ?!

How am I not second, both matches between valencia and me ended 1-1, but I have better GD. The rules clearly says first are results against the chosen teams and the second one is goal difference. And mine is better for 2 goals actually than theirs. So how are they 2nd and i 3rd ?!?!?!

WTF_FFS.png

There's a three-way tie, so you can't just look at two of those teams. You have a better record against Valencia, Valencia have a better record against Dortmund, and Dortmund have a better record against you. So what happens is that in effect a 'mini-league' is calculated based on the results between the three of you, and sadly you're only second in that.

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

There's a three-way tie, so you can't just look at two of those teams. You have a better record against Valencia, Valencia have a better record against Dortmund, and Dortmund have a better record against you. So what happens is that in effect a 'mini-league' is calculated based on the results between the three of you, and sadly you're only second in that.

So it actually decides matches between valencia and dortmund ??? Damn is this stupid.

2 hours ago, blejdek said:

So it actually decides matches between valencia and dortmund ??? Damn is this stupid.

Not sure what you mean by that. The group has finished, all games have been played and in the three team mini-league, you come out second. Valencia come out top, so they qualify. That’s the standard way it’s done in real life. 

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

It is not stupid- those are the rules.

The mistake I made was at the start. I thought only matches between me and Valencia would count, as we were 2nd and 3rd. But I didnt include Dortmund, cauze i thought they were 4th so theirs matches would not matter. But because we were all on the same point all matches between us mattered. And Valencia had better results again them as I did, so they were basically the front runner. All understood now.

4 minutes ago, blejdek said:

The mistake I made was at the start. I thought only matches between me and Valencia would count, as we were 2nd and 3rd. But I didnt include Dortmund, cauze i thought they were 4th so theirs matches would not matter. But because we were all on the same point all matches between us mattered. And Valencia had better results again them as I did, so they were basically the front runner. All understood now.

It is a common mistake that users make, to be fair.