introducing Diagonal Marking system - used by Klopp

shwanko

Marking in FM is so simplistic and old age .. you mark player or a position !!  defending either Zonal or Pressing .. !!!

Do Liverpool defending is like this simple? NO

Liverpool use different type of marking .. by positioning themselves not marking the player but the ball trajectory options .. setting in between thus reducing chances of passes .. sure this is applied only up to force team making long pass which result taking the ball back or forcing team to make a mistake  .. 

Let us look closely 

Mane & Salah position themselves in between wing back/Fullback and CBs  while Firmino go back to block pass road between CBs  & DM .. while rest of team man mark other players .. this cause defenders to not be able to build attack and try long pass which most of time easily possessed back or try to dribble their way which is rare ability for a CB .. often defenders panic and start to make mistakes .. 
Now FM give me 2 options only either press closer player or zonal defending .. am not sure why I can't third option for my wingers and strikers which is to position themselves in between passing diagonals blocking all short passing routes forcing teams to long pass the ball .. 

so instead of asking my Right winger to press the Full back  or zonal marking him leaving CB free without pressure.. why he can't sit in between and force pressure on both ..
I should be able to choose that as marking option instead of marking certain player or position .. same for my Striker,. instead of marking 2 CBs who will pass ball around making him a fool chasing a chicken .. he can simply go back and try to block passing from CBs to CM/DMs with minimum movement ..
why this is key for Liverpool? bcz they press hard too .. and sometimes they need to take a breath .. this will allow them a breathing time with minimum movement of Salah and Mane 

Therefore, can we please improve marking options for my wingers and Strikers? 
am tired of how simply defenders pass ball around and my strikers run like headless chicken while they pass left to right     

Untitledxsssss.png