Leaky defence

How to fix my defence without loosing the attack force? Opponents are having at least 4-5 chances per game and thats excluding the set pieces. Its actually the worst feeling ever when you are missing chance after chance and next highlight is them scoring from set piece.

QmTSGfS.png

13 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Try to be less aggressive with your out-of-possession TIs for starters. 

Yeah already tried that and was even worse.

Actually now I just put more agressive out of possession instructions and its a lot better. Sometimes I dont really understand this game.

6 minutes ago, Aksi92 said:

Yeah already tried that and was even worse.

Actually now I just put more agressive out of possession instructions and its a lot better. Sometimes I dont really understand this game.

That shows you DO understand the game, because the game favours aggressive defending

26 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

That shows you DO understand the game, because the game favours aggressive defending

That annoys me cause its seem that every team is capable of playing high pressing tactics. I know mine doesnt have the quality to play that way.

17 hours ago, Aksi92 said:

How to fix my defence without loosing the attack force? Opponents are having at least 4-5 chances per game and thats excluding the set pieces. Its actually the worst feeling ever when you are missing chance after chance and next highlight is them scoring from set piece.

QmTSGfS.png

Have you ever analysed what are the things that you are most vulnerable from? Is it crosses or counter attacks or other things?

33 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Have you ever analysed what are the things that you are most vulnerable from? Is it crosses or counter attacks or other things?

It was everything. Open play chances, set pieces, counter attacks..

3 minutes ago, Aksi92 said:

It was everything. Open play chances, set pieces, counter attacks..

How is your scoring numbers compared to league average? Do you score a lot and conceding a lot at the same time? How is your possession looking like across the league?

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

How is your scoring numbers compared to league average? Do you score a lot and conceding a lot at the same time? How is your possession looking like across the league?

I fixed the defence its all good now. Teams are now playing really defensive against me. I have 60%+ possession but can't create a lot of chances cause they are parking the bus. Even teams like Lyon are playing like that.

This time I managed to win cause their defence made a mistake. They actually had 1 shot till 90 min when they had corner and shooted 3x times but my team blocked all of them.

11111.PNG

tak.PNG

Edited by Aksi92

New season new tactic. My IW was really bad in my previous tactic and I gave up on AMC position. I rather put AP-S on my AML position and the players are playing really well on that position. Instead of AMC I put another striker and playing him on F9 role. Also pushed the DMR higher on the pitch to connect the play.

mTHl1Nc.png

I am doing okay but I am sure I can be doing a lot better. Defence is okay, not letting a lot of chances. Their chances are mostly counter attacks.

I want to improve the attack. I struggle against "park the bus" tactic until I score my first goal. Any suggestions how to create more chances? Never actually played this type of formations. I mostly use one striker in my tactics.

Example when I played Dortmund away

Fy7luuA.png

Won the game 1:3 cause they were playing really attacking and letting a lot of space.

Edited by Aksi92

22 hours ago, Aksi92 said:

I fixed the defence its all good now. Teams are now playing really defensive against me. I have 60%+ possession but can't create a lot of chances cause they are parking the bus. Even teams like Lyon are playing like that.

This time I managed to win cause their defence made a mistake. They actually had 1 shot till 90 min when they had corner and shooted 3x times but my team blocked all of them.

11111.PNG

tak.PNG

TBH it is quite a good tactic except that it might be over aggressive. Just tone down some instructions and change the left wingback to a defend role. From the match stats you are not doing too bad either, with a bit of luck you would have scored more.

1 hour ago, zyfon5 said:

TBH it is quite a good tactic except that it might be over aggressive. Just tone down some instructions and change the left wingback to a defend role. From the match stats you are not doing too bad either, with a bit of luck you would have scored more.

I am playing different tactic, check previous post.