Brain Cramped on a Salary Offer to Newgen Will Editing Have Any Unintended Consequences?

So I messed up when offering a contract to my 4.5-5* newgen striker on intake day.

I looked at the salary options, was going to offer him £600 p/w and saw it only went to £225. So I offered it thinking there was a limit since he is only 16, and he instantly accepted.

Then I realized it was £225K. Whoops!

I cannot edit that using the editor, as his provisional contract isn't editable (or am I missing something?). And he doesn't turn 17 for 9 months.

I don't want to ruin my save, and I don't want to go back to my previous save point, as we are late in the season, key games were played since then, etc.

So if I edit him in December and remove 99.7% of his salary, will that have an unintended consequence of making him super angry? I've never edited salaries before. Will he expect the world in his next contract?

I saved before experimenting, terminated his contract, and tried to negotiate a new one, but he wants to be a squad player now, and a regular starter in two seasons. For the initial contract a youngster was the only promise he wanted. He also has an agent after I terminate his contract. He didn't before that. I just accepted those promises and he wants £70K per week as a salary too.

So would those big expectations still be there for him if I just edit the salary number when he turns 17? Thanks for any help/insight.

No salary editing right after the contract signed ( in this case turns into Pro contract from Youth) has no bearing how much he recieves. Even at a later time if you change his salary the player happiness shows that pre concern that he thinks he deserves a new contract. 

About the demands. No it will still be having Youngster playing time which was agreed on Signing of contract. 

Edited by ferrarinseb

Ah ok, thanks. So it sounds like he’ll think he deserves a ton of money when I edit the £225K down to £600? Or did I misread your comment?

At that point could I edit his unhappiness and be done with it? Or will it recur?

54 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Ah ok, thanks. So it sounds like he’ll think he deserves a ton of money when I edit the £225K down to £600? Or did I misread your comment?

At that point could I edit his unhappiness and be done with it? Or will it recur?

No he doesn't if you edit right away he signed a contract. But if you try to edit the wages say after some 4-6 months after he signed a contract he will not be unhappy but he thinks he deserves a new one which will be seen in happiness status. 

Edited by ferrarinseb

26 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Thanks! One point I’d like to clarify, does “signing“ mean when the provisional contact becomes reality on his 17th birthday? Or now when we agreed to it?

When it comes into effect which his 17th birthday in this case

No reason to use the editor here in my opinion. It's an honest mistake, but you have to live with it.

Imagine it happening real life - somebody in your office messes up this contract and adds too many zeros. You sign happily and pose for the cameras with the youngster.

Nine months later your accountant calls from his desk and says that he's about to make the first payment of that youngster's contract, but she's not sure if the number in contract is correct. You laugh at first and promise to check it and when you do, you just then realize what a mistake has been made.

You fire the clerk who prepared the paperwork (if he has any sense, he's left anyway in those 9 months) and there's not much more you can do. If you have low reputation as manager you're pretty much sacked after that sort of mistake and the club will need to find a way how to cover up this contract - £225k means roughly £12-13m per year.

Edited by Draakon

It's your game, do what you want. 

Easiest thing would probably be to use the Editor to Terminate Contract and then use the Editor again to move him back to your club.