New type of 4231

In all my saves I have won almost everything with 4231. The 4231 is my go-to tactic, BUT I’m tired of playing counter, pass into space and run at defence football. I know that’s whats really effective in FM20, but it just bores me now.
So can someone help me with some inspiration?

Formation must be 4231. But it must be a more latin style of football meaning slower tempo at a lot of creativity and a lot of goals chances. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

You seem to be looking for a plug'n'play tactic of a certain kind? 

No. Just others experience with the issue. I have only played FM for 3-4 months and have only tried (and had succes) by using Knaps Plug and Play tactic. So looking for others experience. 

12 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

You seem to be looking for a plug'n'play tactic of a certain kind? 

The question is rather if it’s possible to be as successful with a slow tempo and high creative style compared to high tempo and high pressure aggressive style as the match engine clearly promotes this type of football. 

It is. I'm playing a slow tiki taka style of football with arsenal atm. I have trouble playing the bigger sides and will use counter against them. But other then those matches I win all most everything, 5, 6 or 7 goals have happend a couple of times now

I do play with 1 dm and 2 cm or 2 dm and 1 cm/am though so not a 4231

Edited by Feddo

1 hour ago, Feddo said:

It is. I'm playing a slow tiki taka style of football with arsenal atm. I have trouble playing the bigger sides and will use counter against them. But other then those matches I win all most everything, 5, 6 or 7 goals have happend a couple of times now

I do play with 1 dm and 2 cm or 2 dm and 1 cm/am though so not a 4231

Do you mind post a screen of your tactic

https://ibb.co/D****47

I do change the roles if I feel the opponent has a certain weakness I can exploid or a strength I need to counter. I also tweak the TI's a bit for those reasons. I rarely use any PI's other then giving a certain player a width instruction for again the same reasons. 

I change the role or duty for 1 or both backs for defensive stability down the flanks, the same can be said for the width of the defence (either via TI or PI) 

I change my dm settings for defensive stability through the middle. Maybe even switch to a 2 dm tactic. When I use a counter tactic I also usually use a 2 dm setup with aggressive backs. 

Booth CM's can change in role but there's always a more attacking one on the right. Either a playmaker or a finisher

Aml can change to AP or WTM if something else is needed. 

I change my attacker between DLF, AF or PF depending on the kind of defence I face. 

TI:

Mentality: standard 

Passing: shorter

Creative freedom: more disciplined 

Defensive line: higher 

Tempo: slow

A bit higher time wasting 

Prevent short goalkeeper delivery 

Counter press

Offside trap on

More urgent pressing

Gk delivery to fullbacks 

PI: all shoot less often (to reduce long shoots)

Gk: sweeper keeper attack 

Rb: fullback support

Cb: ballplaying defender defend

Cb: ballplaying defender defend 

Lb: fullback support 

Cm: deeplyining playmaker support 

Cm: deeplyining playmaker support 

Amr: inside forward attack 

Amc: trequartista 

Aml inside forward attack 

Fw: poacher 

Player attributes:

To make this work as intended you need players with suitable attributes, all players need to have good compusure, and all outfield players need good stamina, decisions and anticipation is also very useful

Gk: good sweeper keeper attributes and if possible, very low tendency to punch (this have to do with how the ME handles deflections, I have lost count on how many times I have conceded goals after the gk punch the ball to the opposition) 

Fullbacks: pace, acceleration, first touch, passing, technique 

Cb's: normally i would retrain midfielders with high jumping to play here

Cm's/amc: passing, technique, first touch, vision, dribbling 

Inside forwards: pace, acceleration, off the ball, flair, dribbling, technique 

Forward: pace, acceleration, off the ball, anticipation, first touch 

Edited by Falahk