Back four to a back three.

So, the half back will drop back to a more centre back type role, allowing the full backs to press forward, is there any other roles in the dm strata that can achieve this? 

Is it possible to instruct another role to play like this? 

1 hour ago, 04texag said:

I'm pretty sure the only one is Half-back, and it helps to have play out of defense on as well. 

Shame you can't tell a player to 'drop deeper' like you can tell a player to 'get further forward'. 

I know 'comes deep to collect ball' is a ppm, but it's not really the same is it? 

On a midfield player, particularly if they have a playmaker role, that PPM can really do the trick. You can also tell the GK to distribute to playmaker on the In transition section of TI's to boost this.

On 25/07/2020 at 10:51, 04texag said:

On a midfield player, particularly if they have a playmaker role, that PPM can really do the trick. You can also tell the GK to distribute to playmaker on the In transition section of TI's to boost this.

I second this.

I've been using my DLP-de in the LCM slot, and with the Comes deep trait and Distribute to Playmaker TI, he always come between the 2 defenders and form a back three when building up from the back.