Error in Nation Rules - North American Champions League

Hello,

I haven't touched any continental competitions, but when I added a main domestic cup to my nation rules, I get the following error.  I know that North American competitions are a little funny in the editor, but is this something else?

Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.36.24 PM.png

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Is it possible that because it is a main national cup that it replaces the Canadian cup which gives an entry to the NACL?

I'm starting to wonder if that's the issue and it might be an issue with the specific ID number.  When I created a new competition and used that I had no issues.   I was thinking I would have to recreate the North American Champions League, anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter that much if I use a different competition.

It's strange that I can't re-create it since all the other rules related to the cup are valid.  That's why I think it's a hard-coding issue.  North America is so screwy in FM that it's always a challenge to edit!

1 hour ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

I'm starting to wonder if that's the issue and it might be an issue with the specific ID number.  When I created a new competition and used that I had no issues.   I was thinking I would have to recreate the North American Champions League, anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter that much if I use a different competition.

It's strange that I can't re-create it since all the other rules related to the cup are valid.  That's why I think it's a hard-coding issue.  North America is so screwy in FM that it's always a challenge to edit!

Yes, North America is a hard area to work on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 06:49, Toronto Blizzard said:

Ive Done this before and you have to merge the CPL file with the continental file and then set it up correctly so a team is sent to replace that team you took out