[Discussion] Player Interaction during matches

huntermunter

This might not be how it works in professional football, but it'd be interesting if during matches you received notifications from players as if they were speaking to you. The same way you receive messages from your assistant manager.

From my partners experience coaching he seems to value the opinion of his players, most likely due to not having the resources/staff at his disposal as it's amateur football. The player interaction is already fairly lacking so how would people feel if they added some prompts from players that were relevant to your match such as 'I need to come off' or 'we're being overrun in midfield' to name a few very basic examples. I understand that these are prompts you can get from your assistant manager already, I just think having player opinions can give you something else to think about and you already have squad hierarchies and player personalities which can help you determine how serious you treat their opinions.

This may not be the right way to approach things but feel that the only time I interact with players is when I talk to them about their match/training performances so wouldn't mind a new way of interacting with my players.

• 2 months later...