Referee Re-gen?

So I'm into season 12 in my current save, and have just this evening realised that the selection of referees in the Premier League is much the same as it was at the start of the save. All the current top flight referees (Michael Oliver, Paul Tierney, Andy Madley etc.) are still refereeing and now into their late 40s/early 50s. Obviously in real life you'd expect most of them to be retired by this point, so I am wondering if there is any point at which the game creates new-gen referees?

Or am I destined to be presided over by a 70 year old Craig Pawson at some stage?

Not a game breaker of course, but personally I do value the level of immersion in the game and this is certainly something I'd like to see included in future versions of the game (assuming its not already included!). And if it is included, then I would suggest to the developers that the average age of retirement might need to be tweaked!

I hadn't realised there was an age limit - if that is true it isn't implemented in game. Two of the referees that have taken games this season are 50+!

No Mike Dean to be seen though, so presumably it does rotate at some point.