reducing 1 year from contract

itamarled

8 hours ago, itamarled said:

is there a way for me to mass reduce every player in the game contract by 1 year?
by that also making players with 1 year left to their contracts free agents

It is, just be careful to not touch any other, and just remember, many leagues finish in different dates, and besides you do that in the editor you don't have power to see all of those players being release, many of them will sign a new contract with their current team, many will be transferred and got new contracts, etc.

7 hours ago, krakonico said:

It is, just be careful to not touch any other, and just remember, many leagues finish in different dates, and besides you do that in the editor you don't have power to see all of those players being release, many of them will sign a new contract with their current team, many will be transferred and got new contracts, etc.

i want to do it to all the players, including those who has only 1 year left
how can i do it?

First thing first:

a) Set your search limit to unlimited:

image.thumb.png.0c439a8ec71312aa392ea7f8c6e1ab7d.png

2) Set the filter search (for second question) in this case you will make several edits depending on how many results you will find

image.thumb.png.e5d9dd7f2c0b641962e9fc539fab6d02.png

image.thumb.png.68c9cc542b4a09a1a4d6c193d384ceb0.png

In the search results you will select all (CTRL + A), and hit "EDIT" button.  When ready you will see a page like this:

image.thumb.png.1e1470ab24e93974b05fb6a602ae3afb.png

Go to "contract", and as maybe the first player is without contract, it will appear like this, just in the club section put "none", that will clear all the players selected and free them (that what's you want with the group that have 1 year contract)

After you finish with this small group, go back to the filter, add a new search filter option "has contract", and then change the age to 20 (or any other number, the higher the difference between the last filter, the more players will appear, and the more player will appear, the longer your computer will process all the mass edit), repeat all the process, and the last age you will put is 70 (i think)

Well, that cover just one part of your request, to free those with 1 year contract.  But before you moving to the main quest, you need to finish this one, free all those 1 year contract.

Once all those players are free you then are ready for the following:

3) Modify the search filters to reflect this:

image.thumb.png.a8c17fee2cc3f6401c26f90f93c3b1cf.png

As we are setting the main filter as "age" when you select "in between" the dates, you can put whatever you want, I set it up from 01/Jul/2020 to 30/Jun/2050 (I know there isn't anyone with that, but what's the matter).  Also you may see that the "Player/Non player" filter is out, it because once one appears, it will mess up the results, those you need to edit one by one, (although they are the oldest players and won't make much impact in the game, unless they are in an obscure league)

You can start with the age up to 20, and then when selecting all the players, only edit the "contract expires" to the date you want.

image.thumb.png.94c8de3e3ef497d7252a8d2ff40d16b2.png

As the filter is set to 1/Jul/2020 once you take those, they won't appear back in your search.

Repeat the search increasing the age.