The Posh

ToMexico!!

Peterborough United F.C.

Peterborough United

I said I wasn't going to make a thread but I'm enjoying this save too much not to document it better than just brief updates in the General Discussions thread...

Basically, I've just completed season 6 with The Posh and things have gone pretty well. A table below to show you;

9262ae0b48130d6e8f1cb1b28b8b0961.png

Now obviously finishing 6th then 2nd in the Premiership is wildly unrealistic but it was all down to our attacking intent and a couple of key players scoring the goals. Vladimir Gavrilovic has been nothing short of sensational since signing for £11.5m from Red Star and his goal scoring exploits has meant he is wanted by Europe's biggest clubs including Liverpool, Man Utd, Bayern and Real Madrid. 

Lets take a look at the starting XI;

GK - Diogo Costa - signed from Porto for free back in 2022/23, conceded plenty of goals in the first season in the Prem but made 15 clean sheets overall this past season.

RB - Reece James - signed from Bournemouth for £20m as I had sold previous first choice Neco Williams for £55m to Man City in January.

CB - Jerome Onguene - shocked he was still at Salzburg, cost £14.5m, solid first season with us. 

CB - Nathan Ferguson - another freebie, this time from WBA. Wanted by both North London clubs. 

LB - Alphonso Davies - huge coup from Bayern for £28m, not really a LB but extremely athletic allowing him to get forward, just how I like my fullbacks. 

CM - Finlay Robertson - what a player, signed for just £650k in the first season in the Championship from Dundee. Still only 22 and getting better all the time. 

CM - Hannibal Mejbri - another fantastic young player, cost just £1.6m from Man Utd. 12 goals and 17 assists from CM this season. 

RW - Alex Collado - primarily not a winger but he's putting the assists in so why find a replacement. A La Masia graduate signed a free, three years ago. 

LW - Emile Smith-Rowe - smashed in a hatty on his debut but injured soon after. A £10m signing from Arsenal. 

ST - Joel Garcia - I needed a replacement quick when Zirkee left for Barcelona and found this kid in Mexico. £25m later and he's scored 15 goals in 22 games. 

ST - Vladimir Gavrilovic - 74 goals in 94 games since signing for £11.5m. What a player, one of my best signings ever on FM. 

Right now I'm not sure where I can upgrade without paying astronomical fee's, GK perhaps and at RW too but neither are necessary. I've got £63m to spend and a Champions League campaign next season so I will need to add strength and depth to the squad. Maybe another CB, CM and wing options for back up would be good. 

Behind the Scenes

We're due to spend the next few seasons playing at the King Power whilst our new stadium is being built, the Noel Cantwell Arena will be around the 31k capacity mark. 

I have tried to improve the facilities further but came up against a stubborn board this time. Maybe a few games in the CL will release the purse strings a little more. 

We currently have four affiliate clubs which are Chesterfield, Dungannon (Northern Ireland), Defensor Sporting (Uruguay/Youth Related) and Suwon (South Korea/Financial) but will look to add at least two more this season. 

We've had around 8 players poached from us over the course of the save so far and five have just come through at their clubs in this seasons intake. I have put them all into a shortlist but unfortunately none of them will become world beaters just yet. Going forward I will save the news item and continue to add them to shortlists. 

Plans

With every save I do I don't want to rely heavily on buying players but to always use the clubs facilities to nurture our own youth talent and build them into our squad. As of yet, we have not produced a player good enough to make the step up although we did sell a couple of players when we were financially unstable and need to do so. 

I also want to continue with the attacking based style and try and out score every team, last season in the Premiership we scored 94 goals which was 22 more than the next team which was Man Utd who won the league. However we did concede 51 goals which was the 9th worst. 

I'm looking forward to seeing where this save can go!

Staff - May 2025

Something I am always keen on developing and keeping tabs of their post Peterborough movements is the staff. There have been more conversations than ever on the forum about the personalities of staff in conjunction with development of players and whilst its something I look at, I'm not as focused as others on this forum. 

First Team

08590c8d887115bdd5a232e62dda4958.png

Whilst not  the best coaches available to me technical wise, I have focused on Personality and have 4 x Model Citizen and 2 x Model Professional. I am looking to replace both my AssMan and HoYD but haven't come across a better option with same (similar) personality. GK Coach is obviously a flaw but he will be replaced this summer. My own personality is strange, unsure how to change that. 

U23's

a9ce865c4772d189ddd1315a968f1d56.png

2 x Model Citizen and 2 x Resolute. The aim is to promote one of the GK Coaches. Whilst we don't have the greatest bunch of players for the U23's (or U18s for that matter) they have done well in competitions which I believe has been mainly down to the staff I have in place.

The U23s reached the 1st KO Round of the Premier Division Cup (losing to Man Utd, no shame there) and they also won their group in the U23 Division 4 but lost out to Charlton in being promoted. 

U18's

3a643571b7537c4dbdcba0697343ff15.png

4 x Perfectionists and 3 x Professionals make up the U18 Coaching Staff. The eagle eyed among you will see the GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo, he retired last summer and joined immediately, he's already completed two coaching courses and now taking his Continental B license. 

The U18s comfortably won their group in the U18 Division 3, although I don't think they will be promoted as our youth category is not high enough, we are currently only Level 3. They also beat Coventry in the Division 3 Cup, winning 3-1. Lastly they reached the quarter finals of the FA Youth Cup, losing 2-0 to Derby County's U18s. 

As it stands there is no opportunity to add to the coaching staff we have, the board won't allow it. 

Scouting Team

ecfc92b131754560c8157774ccedd9d1.png

Having a strong scouting unit is paramount for any club wanting to buy for the future and buy to sell for a profit. I got lucky with signing a number of these Sadowski and Echeverria being released by Man Utd the summer we arrived in the PL for example. I do like to try and have a spread of nationalities but have struggled to improve upon these at the minute. World Knowledge currently sits at 30%. However, we do have space for 3 more scouts and I will look to fill a few gaps, ideally North America, Austral-Asia and North Africa if possible. 

Affiliate Clubs - June 2025

We just linked up with a new affiliate club after terminating our link with Dungannon. I was given the chance to choose my own club to link up with and I chose...

457b48349754341d3a20ffb5fbfb7413.png

Slavia Sofia from Bulgaria, I asked primarily for a club to recruit foreign youngsters from and they certainly fall into that category with Great facilities and Excellent coaching and recruitment. 

765000615585fe4071d689aff864ffd7.png

Strengthening - September 2025

I talked about needed to add some strength and depth to the squad in certain areas and I've done that without breaking the bank. 

90b4743476e9a81629d9c8af8046d00f.png

Just four players arrived in the close season. Anders Wahl was actually a deal I struck last season, the youngster joins to provide some cover for CB. I then enquired to Real Madrid about Nicolas who was on loan with us last season, the showy Spanish forward scored 15 goals mainly from the bench. They wanted just £13.5m for him, which was his value. Harvey Elliott was a player I'd looked at a couple of times and his contract was expiring in the summer, due to him being under 23 it meant I had to pay a fee, £3m is fine with me. Last to come in was Josino, recommended to me by a scout. The young Brazilian had a release clause of £17.5m and joined on a five year deal and has gone straight into the first team. 

Staff Additions - September 2025

899b1dff5a6667cf6f2712412c984875.png

I've replaced a few and added into some gaps. First to join was former Norwich City HoYD Steve Weaver the Englishman has excellent stats but only a Resolute personality. Next in Sergio Ramos, the former Real Madrid defender is a bit raw with just a National A license but plenty of scope to improve, he has a Perfectionist personality. Dupont (Model Citizen) and Nista (Model Professional) complete the first team coaching set up. ThiamFerrer and the returning Prizant are adding to a growing number of scouts. For the U23's joins god himself Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Perfectionist) who only has a National C license so loads of room to grow and for the U18s Michael Thurk (another Perfectionist). 

34 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice career there. I reckon you could upgrade the wingers. Both strikers look amazing! 

Thanks!! 

Yeah I probably could. Currently looking at Rodrygo from Madrid for the left wing, he's transfer listed. Vinicius Junior is listed too but for £56m, Rodrygo is half that. On the right Harvey Elliott is getting game time and will probably end up first choice. 

Great save!, I'm 6 seasons in with Posh as well, I sold Ivan Toney for £12m to Leeds!, I've tried to add staff with good personalities like you did!...currently floating around the top of the Championship pushing for promotion!, but started a new save so playing that a bit at the moment!.

52 minutes ago, FM_Prospect said:

Great save!, I'm 6 seasons in with Posh as well, I sold Ivan Toney for £12m to Leeds!, I've tried to add staff with good personalities like you did!...currently floating around the top of the Championship pushing for promotion!, but started a new save so playing that a bit at the moment!.

Thanks, we were extremely lucky to win the play offs both times and get promoted, we certainly weren't the best in the league each time. Not making too many changes and adding some quality made all the difference in the first season in the premiership and then the TV money has helped us kick on. 

Toney was great in League One as you would imagine but just didn't kick on in the Championship and was sold for peanuts to Ipswich, he's currently at Swansea in the Championship. 

Thanks for reading :thup:

Youth Development - Dec 2025

I mentioned I didn't want to rely just on signing players to build my squad and would like to develop youth good enough to play a part in my seasons going forward. 

These are our facilities at the moment;

925245bbec7cdf069e4528adbca350df.png

The training facilities were downgraded at the end of last season so I need to work on improving them. I have got plans in motion to increase the youth level from 3 to 2 which will mean we can produce better players. 

In recent season's we have struggled to produce any player of quality who could progress and possibly make the first team. We did have two players come through in the 2021/22 season who were both sold purely as we were struggling financially. Antonis Stylianou was sold to Newcastle for £4m (rising to £8.5m) of which we've sold all the clauses except International Appearance, although I doubt he will make an appearance for England, maybe he should switch to his second nationality of Cyprus. Alan Evans was sold to Brighton for £3.8m (rising to £7.75m) but again we sold the clauses. He has not progress as much as Antonis and will likely fall down the leagues at some point. 

We currently have a couple of decent prospects but I will only mention Chay Webb as a player who has the potential to reach the first team squad and possibly play in the League Cup or FA Cup. 3.5* potential doesn't sound much but when he direct senior players are Finlay Roberston and Hannibal Mejbri you can understand why his potential is not as good. 

Youth Intake Preview - December 2025

I won't be highlighting every preview but thought I would show you where we stand. 

b7eb7939412c7e1834a0d68e8b9a07bb.png

Despite the change in HoYD this does not look good. A Dutch right winger with some potential and that is all. 

As we increase our youth level I hope that we can improve the intakes. 

Improvements - February 2026

But first lets look at the outs. 

30c7ee6af9427b0cb1c103a96d1d9502.png

Angulo never lived up to his potential here and shipping him out for cheap saves me £15k per week in wages. Onguene wanted out since he got here, citing he was under paid, SIPG (Shanghai??) came in with a bid half of what I eventually got for him. Armini was moaning about playing time which was fair enough, he was very much a back up now and to get £23m plus add-ons from Swiss team Young Boys was amazing. 

Who came in?

fe6e849e5cb72d78ee67dbbe45dc77c6.png

I said I was looking at Rodrygo as a potential upgrade for the left wing and I got him for a decent price, he actually had a good record at Real Madrid scoring 16 goals in 34 games. Tommy Doyle was someone I had looked at before to give me options in CM and increase the English quota, £10.5m is a bargain even though he's 3rd/4th choice. Last to come in was Magnus Edler, the 18 year old German CB had a release clause that was about to end and for £12.25 it was a no brainer, he has 5* potential. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

What a brilliant 1st couple pf posts. :applause:

Really glad you are enjoying it enough to make a thread. 

Do you fancy showing us some info on the best product of your Academy? 

I did briefly mention Chay Webb a few posts up but here's another look. Since that post he has further improved and has jumped from 3.5* potential to 4.5* potential. The few things I like about him is his description of Tireless Midfielder, his work rate, team work and stamina which clearly makes him tireless. We're pretty short for players in the U23's and U18's so he seems to be playing in every game possible for the youth squads. Just checking and he was last injured over a year ago which is pretty amazing. 

He's actually played a part in 68 games so far (54 starts) and made 37 assists in those games. 

1a63d5793f0933365656d7cb3ac571fe.png

Here's his attribute growth;

235f7454c97ae43fe6b8eeb96dc8cb20.png

Improvements pretty much everywhere and considerably in his physicals. He's only currently 2* CA so he has so much more room to grow, problem is do I loan him out for proper competitive football where the coaching quality will be poorer or do I keep here to continue his development in the U23's with World Class (maybe) coaching? 

Not sure how I want to do season reviews this season, probably keep it quite basic and split it into two posts. Competitions and Players. 

2025/26 Season Review

Premier League - Winners

Yeah you read that right winners, we were 6 points clear with 7 games to go but the combination of a slim squad (my fault) and reaching the further echelons of other competitions meant we struggled for fitness from the more talented players and those niggly little injuries that didn't allow some players to return to full fitness.

We drew with relegation candidate Newcastle, which was followed by a 6-4 hammering by Arsenal, form was deteriorating further as we drew with Everton at Goodison. Liverpool were now ahead by two points with four games remaining. We beat Sheff Utd with ease before we faced Man Utd, we were yet to beat them in this save but a Gavrilovic winner gave us hope. We leapt ahead of Liverpool by a point after beating Leicester 3-2 as they also battled to avoid relegation. It came down the to last game of the season, we needed to match Liverpool result, they faced Wolves, as we faced Brighton. We both won and we were crowned Champions. 

From the table you can see it wasn't a high quality season overall, as we drew 9 and lost 4. Although 80 points would have won the title last season, titles before that were 96, 94, 87, 96 and 91 points.  

FA Cup - Winners

We made it a double as we beat Spurs 1-0 in the Final, Gavrilovic with the winner. We had beaten (in reverse, semi to 3rd Round) Arsenal, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Northampton and Blackburn along the way. 

Carabao Cup - Finalists

We could have made it a treble, well won this competition first but we lost 3-2 in the final to Chelsea at Wembley. Spurs and Man City were beaten along the way. 

Champions League - Quarter Finalists 

We were handed what was on paper a tough draw; Real Madrid, Lyon and Zenit. The board were already happy at us reaching the group stages (the stage we entered the competition at). We demolished Zenit 6-0 in the opening game of the group, so I knew where we stood. We beat Lyon too both home and away but lost to Madrid at home but drew with them away. We faced Monaco and we beat them 1-0 at home and 1-0 in the principality. Man City in the Quarters and well things didn't go as planned we gifted them three away goals in a 3-2 loss at home before losing 2-0 at the Etihad. 

c40c7e7c0376f89d3683f573edf95659.png

11 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Premier League - Winners

Yeah you read that right winners, we were 6 points clear with 7 games to go but the combination of a slim squad (my fault) and reaching the further echelons of other competitions meant we struggled for fitness from the more talented players and those niggly little injuries that didn't allow some players to return to full fitness.

Been following this since the start and I must say a big congratulations for this!

Do you feel it's one of those where the sum of the whole is greater than it's parts? You've got some real quality but I'd imagine, even by now, the Man City's and Chelsea's of the world are just full of insanely overpriced talent?

30 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Been following this since the start and I must say a big congratulations for this!

Do you feel it's one of those where the sum of the whole is greater than it's parts? You've got some real quality but I'd imagine, even by now, the Man City's and Chelsea's of the world are just full of insanely overpriced talent?

We've massively overachieved, way ahead of scheduled. I considered throwing games to make sure we didn't win the league but then thought what the hell its a game. I haven't gone from National South to Premier League winners in consecutive seasons.  :lol:

I've said it before in other threads of mine, I feel since its introduction the Dynamics plays a huge part, not making mass changes season after season and keeping a core group of players and adding to it works much better, starting the season with a positive Cohesion and Dressing Room Atmosphere can ultimately make or break a season I feel. Obviously PL money makes a huge difference, we can go out and spend £25m on a new LB or ST to fill a gap. 

Chelsea's squad is insane, they have Sancho, Haaland, Fabio Silva (Porto), Joao Felix, Ruben Dias, Camavinga, Upamecano and Lukaku to name a few. Man City less so, finished 5th this season just gone but still a good squad with Dybala, Kenneth Taylor (Ajax) and Saliba who are world class. City have Arthur and Gnabry transfer listed. Liverpool have Reinier listed, they spent £37m on Max Aarons to play him 6 times, I'm going to try and signed him from them this season. For me and many others the AI are terrible squad builders, something which needs addressing. 

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

I've said it before in other threads of mine, I feel since its introduction the Dynamics plays a huge part, not making mass changes season after season and keeping a core group of players and adding to it works much better, starting the season with a positive Cohesion and Dressing Room Atmosphere can ultimately make or break a season I feel

100% agree with you on this!

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

AI are terrible squad builders, something which needs addressing. 

And also this! I will predict that you won't finish outside of the top 3 now for the remainder of your save. I find that they just do not know what to do in order to turn round things like this - except spending loads of money and getting through managers very quickly!

2025/26 Squad Review

Again I wanted to do things a little differently with my season reviews, so here's part two; The Squad Review. 

Goalkeepers

a4f8ac383acfdd1ce42365ceeb01308e.png

We only have two first team goalkeepers on the books and only one played all season which seems a little unfair but not once has Fruchtl moaned. Costa has been solid but unspectacular, just shy of an average rating of seven he had a little wobble in the winter transfer window when Man Utd enquired and I priced them out of a move. As you can see he has concerns about wanting to move to a bigger club which is fine if someone stumps up £30m+.

Defenders

ff60e36082142d030ce1be0fbf79927b.png

We're a little short in defence now and at times its been a struggle to rotate when either one has been injured or suspended, something I need to address with an additional RB and we have a CB coming back from loan at Malmo which will ease my concerns. Ultimately, the question here is do we have any World Class players? I'm thinking no, we have solid players who do their job. James and Davies are deployed as wing backs which see's them getting assists whilst the Ferguson and Josino are good defenders. Davies wants a new contract which I'm not willing to afford him, he wants double his current wages and £30k per appearance :eek: only problem is he has a release clause which was the tempter to get him to sign for me, which is £46m. 

Midfielders

3b1998311a90f6a683f2827e20a64d59.png

There is one stand out player in my midfield and that's Finlay Robertson, he is one of the most consistent performers I've had in a FM save, Mr Reliable. Since signing, he has improved considerably and was named Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season by his peers. Beside him in midfield was Hannibal Mejbri  who is wanted by Barcelona but when they bid £86m for him in January, he didn't even want to talk to them. Eight goals and 15 assists from CM is a solid return. I'm hoping that Rodrygo's half season with us has got him up to speed and he can push on next season with an even better return. Harvey Elliott has been a bit of a surprise package for me, he was signed with adding squad depth in mind but he found his feet quickly in the squad and was a mainstay on the RW, returning 16 goals and 9 assists and his efforts have led him to being called up for the England squad for this summers World Cup in North America. 

Strikers

0de3b8a88fe9a89238bdf812792b8620.png

There's really only two guys to talk about here, Gavrilovic and Garcia. 77 goals between them this season and 25 assists shows they're not just about sticking it in the onion bag. Both are wanted but it would take £100m+ each to prize them away from us, replacing those numbers could be hard. Nicolas is very much a back up with 25 of his appearances from the bench this season. Ideally I could do with on more out and out striker but we do have the option of playing Rodrygo there if needed. 

I definitely won't be making too many changes, replace one if we lose one and add at least another RB to the squad for next season. 

30 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

And also this! I will predict that you won't finish outside of the top 3 now for the remainder of your save. I find that they just do not know what to do in order to turn round things like this - except spending loads of money and getting through managers very quickly!

Lets hope so!! :D

We're now 7 seasons in and Liverpool (obviously) started with Klopp, he was replaced by Conte who lasted just under two seasons before being replaced by current manager Zidane. 

Lampard was sacked before Christmas in the first season at Chelsea and they've had Marcelino ever since. 

Arteta is still at Arsenal

Pep was sacked in 2022, Mourinho nearly survived three seasons before getting the chop and they've just sacked Ancelotti at City

Ole's still at the wheel.

Whilst Spurs have gone manager crazy. Mourinho was sacked in Feb 2021, Bielsa sacked in May 2022, Ancelotti in May 2024, Klopp didn't last a year, Allegri was even less and now they have Tuchel in charge. Not one trophy between them. 

New Affiliate Club - June 2026

09adc327ad1c95585ebbed801165e9cc.png

270871e34f95bc08a606f0381cc032b4.png

They weren't the best available to me but I want to see if we get any Liechtenstein nationals come through our intakes. Hopefully, a little bit of money each season will trigger them to make an upgrade or two. 

6415c59550cb3a0eacd11d8fefd8406e.png

U23 Staff - June 2026

My U23 manager Thomas Frank has just left to join Leyton Orient (he was nearing the end of his contract anyway) so this gave me the opportunity to freshen up things a little. Coming into replace Frank is...

fc27edf1597066ff074ae0fea4ee19f2.png

Yes we will probably lose him in a season or two but lets enjoy is while it lasts. He's also join by former Liverpool fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer. 

1fee0b489ef198e979148ee708ad1630.png

Zlatan has just started his Continental C license. 

Improvements - July 2026

b8fa9b74673cdd171c26dbacc2b6ab01.png

The board have finally agreed to upgrade the Youth Recruitment to the next stage, probably due to the fact we have £188m sat in the bank. 

207debb7b91486724c7ee322e5383c3e.png

We're still two years away from the new stadium, so the Kind Power remains our home for the next two seasons. We're roughly 3 months away from the completion of the Youth Facilities which will see us increase our Youth Level from 3 to 2. 

70fb13f8e1c26d6c34bc83f5ca2423d5.png

Strengthening - August 2026

We've done our business for the summer unless we lose a player and need to replace them. 

a9426bbd6aee3a6b7c8a8cb7aaf7f8e0.png

Just three players have joined, firstly Max Aarons from Liverpool. They signed him from Norwich for £37m just last summer and played him 6 times as he couldn't displace TAA in the starting XI. Wally Jonck was recommended to me by my scout Pablo Thiam who is out searching Africa for talented youngsters, we're lacking depth in the U23's and U18's so any player with decent potential resale value is welcomed for the right price. Last to come was Fabricio Isidoro, a 19 year old Brazilian whose release clause was set at just £18.75m, he joins to play second fiddle to Mejbri (at least for this season). 

I have also struck a deal for Emiliano Lavallen from Racing Club, the 17 year old will join in January and go into the U23's for development with the long term aim of replacing Davies at LB. 

Two players left and both were surplus to requirements, Pitu leaves for Germany whereas Juanma heads for Greece, solid money for players who I wanted off the wage budget. 

Poached Players - August 2026

According to my clauses and saved new items we're still awaiting one more poached player to come through at Norwich. Its been two years since we last had a player poached. I guess now we're in the Premier League (and have won the league) that players are more reluctant to leave/teams are less likely to poach from us. Although our youth level will still only be 2 for this coming season once the youth facilities have been completed. 

eea0ec8de6bc40e08a448cf786394826.png

No world beaters here for sure but i'm guessing Jack Wood and Dave Lyon could make a career for themselves. 

Player Sale - Aug 2026

39ddf25f9e9dc3203e8bca2c9d85941c.png

I knew it was coming just didn't know when, we've lost Alphonso Davies to Man Utd, they triggered his release clause which I wasn't willing to break wage budget to remove. We've got our scouts looking at a couple of options especially one at Bilbao who looks incredible, although I may be priced out of a move for him. 

Transfer Spending - October 2026

I wanted to do a post to show you how the rest of the league is spending their money in relation to where they finished last season. I'll put a picture in and then have a look and see what the AI has done to try and get their team back into a position of winning the league/improving on last season. 

19f96b7a41d33cce89b92dffdebf9a88.png

So PL spending was £1.6B which seems astronomical. Six teams spend over £100m each with Man City at £175m. However, five teams did receive over £100m from player sales, with Chelsea receiving the most at £176m.

So last season, we finished top, then Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and lastly Spurs to make up the top 7.

• So we spent just £36.5m, shrewd business on two first team players. Although we didn't replace the outgoing Davies to Man Utd. 
  • Liverpool splash £75m of their £78m spend on one player, Troy Parrott from Spurs. They only scored 60 league goals last season so they are hoping he can get the extra goals they need.
  • Chelsea lose Haaland to Barcelona for £108m and promote from within, George Graham (who spent a season on loan with us) takes his place. They spent £72m on a 28 year old RB Wague to play at LB but then spend £17m on Alaba who is older but better, whilst they still have Reguillon who's 29 as first choice (guessing as he has played the most games of the 3).
  • Arsenal spent £72m on not a lot and find themselves in the lower half of the table so far. They did get a decent English CB from Seattle for £16m which could be good business. 
  • Man City do what Man City do, throw cash at anything that moves. They spent £70m on Arezo who was relegated with Newcastle last season, 28 goals in 96 league games is not a great record to be spending that much on. Also spent nearly £30m on another Championship player from Aston Villa. They recouped the £70m on Arezo by selling Esposito to Madrid, he had a better league record than the man that joined, go figure! He's scored 6 goals in 6 games since signing for Madrid. City are currently 13th (after 11 games)
  • Man Utd have been fairly decent in the market this summer, £121m in and £82m out. Although £32m (£40m) on a 32 year old Kovacic says otherwise. £46m on Davies is good business. They recouped over £40m on a 32 year old Umtiti and 33 year old Pogba. Sold a LB for £51m and Lisandro Martinez for £38m to PSG. 

Its early days as we've only played 11 games so far this season and these teams are;

1st - Man Utd
2nd - Peterborough
3rd - Liverpool
4th - Spurs
5th - Chelsea

13th - Man City
14th - Arsenal

Will be interesting to see if Man City's and Arsenal form turns around or do they try and further spend their way out of trouble. Leeds spent £101m yet they sit dead last with just 5 points so far. 

10 hours ago, john1 said:

Have done brilliantly with The Posh ;) What are your main reasons to pick clubs like Vaduz or Stabaek? 

Thanks very much! Like I said we've overachieved thus far. 

Vaduz was chosen purely for the Liechtenstein nationality, hoping we can get a couple through our intakes. Stabaek have pretty good facilities/recruitment/coaching level.

I'm not sure how it works with affiliates but I think we're limited to who we can choose based on our reputation, I guess no club with a higher reputation than ourselves would be willing to link up and be the feeder club. 

U23's Manager - March 2027

We lost to Steven Gerrard due to the compensation clause which I had predicted as he left for Portsmouth, that gave me the opportunity to bring in Dani Alves. 

da7d9e2f710b8484b327bafd4870c08c.png

The eagle eyed among you will notice his arrival will be welcomed by his former playing partners in Eric Abidal and Lionel Messi. I signed Messi in the summer after his retirement, although he is pretty poor as staff member at the moment. 

2cef5d7c2028519cee9ce898dcf12250.png

He was also joined by Leonardo Bonucci as I promoted Cristiano Ronaldo to the first team coaching set-up. 

2026/27 Youth Intake

b99805db3218b60e46d075f314c4863a.png

This wasn't deemed as an outstanding intake by any means in the preview but we get a player who "could emerge as one of the best players of his generation". Disappointingly, however we have no players from feeder clubs. 

7555fd2ece15e369898c665611c67013.png

First thing we see is the 5* PA player, Mikkel Liland. He's Norwegian so could have easily come through Stabeak's academy. We also have a number of other different nationalities, Dutch, Guinea-Bissau, Guinean and Spanish. A couple of Perfectionist's although they have poor PA. 

Mikkel Liland | Tevin Crawford | Gijs Evers

Interestingly we don't have a single player to come through from Peterborough, three players in the intake from Spalding which would be the closest town to Peterborough. 

I wasn't happy with my season review last time out so it will be a little different again this time round. 

2026/27 Season Review

Competitions

Premier League - 1st | Skin of the teeth sort of stuff this season as we finish level on points with Man Utd but win the title on virtue of goal difference. We actually lost home and away to Man Utd so we were pretty lucky that they slipped up on more than enough occasions to see us take home our second consecutive title. We scored goals for fun in this PL campaign and ended with 125, we now have the top 3 goal scoring seasons in the last 3 seasons we've been in the top flight; 94, 99 and 125 goals. 

Champions League - 1st KO Round | Slightly worse round to exit the competition this season but no shame in losing 3-2 on aggregate to Barcelona. We qualified from a group consisting of Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Krasnodar. 

FA Cup - Finalists| We beat Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Arsenal on the way to the final against Tottenham. To get through all those rounds and then lose is quite disappointing but the players can't be blamed too much. 

Carabao Cup - 3rd Round | I have no real care for this competition other than the fact we are yet to win it. Knocked out in the first round to Watford on penalties. 

Community Shield - Winners | A penalty win over Liverpool after a 3-3 draw in normal time. 

Squad

We dominated the season awards with my whole first choice XI being selected for the team of the year; Gavrilovic was Footballer of the Year, Players' Player of the Year, Top Scorer and also claimed Players' Young Player. And to be honest how could he not be chosen, 43 league goals and 14 assists this season in 35 games. He eventually finished the season with 57 goals in 51(1) games. 

3ab2d53c7f1c7072e33aa578e42c6379.png

It wasn't just Gavrilovic with the goals though, Garcia (31), Rodrygo (21), Mejbri (16), Elliott (13) and Nicolas (12) all made double figures. The leading assist maker was Rodrygo who made 19 from left wing. 

The weakest link this season has definitely been at LB, no disrespect to Hector but we need to invest there this summer. We have been given a transfers budget of £110m to sign reinforcements; a GK, CB and 3rd choice ST are needed to add more depth. 

Behind the Scenes

We're just short of £250m in the bank and we still have the new seasons sponsorship deals to flood in, we're currently at £44m in deals per season. 

We've also currently got the below improvements in place which will take the club to the next level. 

28fc24df5a38644e5cf38b4a1348a8ab.png

We also got another new affiliate club, I chose to link up with FC Andorra, purely for the nationality as their facilities are pretty poor. 

77268da28ccaa1db9496d846d51e90d3.png

Season Summary

bc9680affb36ceb586bfa1b16e7b2bc3.png

Summer Spending - August 2027

I've caved and finally spent big in my bid to strengthen the team defensively. You've already seen above my record signing, which will probably stay as the record for a good number of seasons. I eventually spent a total of £135m this summer. 

c87dd7db9a29e944940c577f63999e1c.png

A couple of outs first, both back up players Nedelec was signed for £525k way back when. Wahl cost me a bit more at £5m but never really progressed and was loaned out a few times. Now the ins; Benito we know about. Bassey is a 22 year old English CB and Reeves is a English GK, both signed with the idea of increasing the HG quota. Chacon's release clause was £850k so I took a gamble on the 18 year old from Peru, into the U23s for development. Last to come in was Galvao from Hoffenheim, he's an strong, athletic defender.