Add Edit Mode

Hi, I’ve had both FM19T and FM20T and one thing that annoys me is a lack of an edit mode, even though you can buy an edit mode on mobile, this annoys me because not only do many leagues and teams have the wrong names (especially in the Brazilian and Japanese leagues) but many stadiums need updated names e.g. Zebre Stadium (Zebre aka Juventus), Stadion Munchen (FC Bayern) City of Manchester stadium (Man City) etc, many people love playing the touch versions and I really don’t see the reason why edit mode can’t be sold for 9.99 on the store like it is on mobile, hope to see a reply.

I may not be 100% on this, but I think the lack of an editor for the Touch version is to do with the file versioning for each of the systems the Touch lives on - and the complexities in getting the DB to be stable when loaded on a relatively low-powered system such as the Switch (for example). There was a well written reason for this not existing already, and I forget who posted it, and cannot find it on a quick search.

I also think this steps on the toes of the recent, highly publicised, legal challenge SI had from a few football clubs on image rights and their control - we may be looking at a future of a more closed game in terms of editing (depending on the outcome of the aforementioned challenge), but I'm speculating here.

My guess is that we'll receive a restricted editor tool, so we're unable to change those details SI don't own the rights to.

Edited by rich10