Edit the default formations the AI can choose from

Sly419

In theory you can, but in practice it will be a waste of time.  You need to edit every manager "preferred" formation, and every team preferred formation.  And what happen when actual managers leave the game and new managers from the players or new created managers arrive? 

17 minutes ago, krakonico said:

In theory you can, but in practice it will be a waste of time.  You need to edit every manager "preferred" formation, and every team preferred formation.  And what happen when actual managers leave the game and new managers from the players or new created managers arrive? 

Sorry, let me rephrase the question, as I don't think it was completely clear. I'm not trying to simply change the formations of the AI managers (I can do that in the editor).

I want to add a completely new formation (a variation of a 541) to the game so the AI managers can use it as a starting formation.

In older versions of the game you could do this by overwriting one of the default formations in the tactics folder for the game, but you can't do that in the newer games. So my question is, is there another way to achieve that?