Effective scouting

I've started a save with 1860 München and I've got 5 scouts. I wonder what's an effective way of scouting? Right now I've every scout given the assignement to scout a specific country (Germany, Holland, Poland). They all have 2 limitations: Salary and determenation at least 11. Halfway the season they found 11, 13, 4 and 3 players. That doesn't really give me a lot of choice in players. Are these normal numbers or am I doing something inneffective? 

I tend to only put filters on value and potential (minimum 3 stars) when sending scouts so this way I have a much larger pool of scouted players to build my shortlist. I do this from September to November. Then December to April, i scout the players in my shortlist, with priority given to players with less than 6 months of contract. So I'm able to make my free transfers in the end of January and my transfers in May. I only look for loans in the transfer period and almost never spend money in the winter period.

The transfer policy and transfer targets are decided in september and following is a "template" of what I consider a transfer target:

[youngster/sub/starter] [position] from [specify countries] for [free/specify max amount to be paid]

I'm very biased toward buying players from the club's country (I'm a one club man in FM so Italy) and Germany/Denmark/Holland/Ukraine/Spain/France but thats a personal preference. So I optimally need 8 scouts: 2 for Italy and 1 for each other country.