Making it easier to send fringe players out on loan/removing obstacles.

anagain

I'm at Bangor City and I have a player that I really want to get regular first team action. To do this I want to send him on loan. The problem is I can find nowhere for him to go. Whenever I offer him out I get a message back that says "Airbus won't make an offer because they don't think they can entice him to join". I'm offering him, you fools, and I'll tell him to go for his own benefit.

Why can't we do that? I've had the ability to suggest a player go out on loan after an offer has been received, but I can't try and make a move happen when no offer comes in, even if there are clubs that would like him?

I'm sure this is a subject that has been broached in some way before, but I couldn't find anything quite so specific as I am bringing up.

I propose we are able to set up a meeting with another club and the player concerned and try to come to some sort of agreement about a loan move. I make the offer and get the message that Airbus are interested, so I set up a meeting with their manager/recruitment team. In that meeting there can be input from all parties, e.g. the player says he wants to play a certain position and maybe wants a guarantee of some time playing.

Or at least make it so that clubs that have some interest will make an approach, regardless of whether they think it will be successful. 

This really is a problem for managers at some levels, or at least I believe it is. I have had similar problems managing at conference level in England. It needs to be a simpler process to loan players out, or to at least talk to players to say a loan move would be in their best interests. The fact that I can't do that with all the conversation options in FM20 is beyond me.

Thank you, SI.

• 1 month later...