( Poll ) Favorite FM game

( Poll ) Favorite FM game  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite FM Game over all

2. 2. Best 3D graphic display on matchday , Textures , Colours , Players , Grass etc etc

3. 3. Best match engine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/20 at 04:00

55 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You were just asked to be polite and you essentially did the same thing again, so again post removed. Please read the house rules and terms of conditions

I don't think i was rude to be honest, all i did was point out that numbers aren't always an example of quality 

The Goadfather 3 made 3 times more money than the first 2, what does that have to do with anything?

I would also argue that far more people and most importantly under 18 year old have laptops now compared to  few years ago.

And if we are going by numbers, to go by your example, then the numbers at least on this small poll and i am confident another bigger poll suggests the same thing, that 17 is 4 times more popular than the ones that followed

So either way you are wrong

FM continues to sell more each and faster each year, while still maintaining a maturer demographic, so it's capturing and holding a lot of its old timers, while attracting new players. Which is what one wants as a company. I'm off to the pub, enjoy your FM career. 

This dwell to a pointless argument quickly. Another thread will bite the dust, if this sort of discussion continues...

I like this sort of threads were all fans get distributed on what they like certain versions over others, it shows how diverse the FM community are... then goes always to the same rabbit hell hole... truly a shame...

Edited by grade

On 26/07/2021 at 22:10, Bilbaoboy said:

Anyone feel like the FM Forums are similar to real life when the government (mods in this case) are really trying to sell the latest implementation of something which annoy people but they really try to convince everyone that this new version of something is better for everyone it's evryone else's problem for not going with the flow.

My first edition of FM was 08 i never played the old Cham Managers i had a PS2 so was an LMA boy but i remember getting it and being absolutely blown away by the depth of it, i was addicted from day 1, then every year there would be slight changes and after a few days bedding in period and re adjusting your eyes i always got on board and accepted that the latest version was the better version, it was genuine progression.

It wasn't until 14 or 15 that i even knew about graphics packs which just took it to a whole new level, and FM17 was the absolute apex for me

Then FM18 dropped and i was completely hit for six, it was a completely different game to me and while i acknowledged all the new features and thought they could be cool, once i got to the match day i thought i was being trolled, is this for real? i thought, where the hell is the 2D?

I went on the forums and thought the mods were really quite arrogant about the hoards of complaints at the time, it was  kind of, oh well this is the direction we are going in now if you don't like it then tough.

So i tried to get a steam refund but was like an hour over the minimum playing time so they wouldn't give me one, that was it for me then i stuck with 17 and continued to do so every year until Jan this year.

I would have probably carried on but the problem was i was modifying the database so much to update the transfers that players like Lukaku for example would would transfer from Everton to Inter completely skipping Man Utd and Pochettino would never have been Spurs manager it was getting ridiculous.

So i bit the Bullet and bought 21 and i have to say the 2D and match engine has gone up again since the 18 disgrace and i am somewhat enjoying it, but it does feel like i am forcing myself to like it and in back of my head i know it's not as good as 17 still, i haven't even gone 2 seasons into a save yet and i haven't even won anything  because i get bored and quit half way through a season

I reloaded 17 again yesterday just to see if it was just me and the match was so silky smooth just an absolute pleasure to watch

So i think while 21 is a step back in the right direction, i think far to much time is being wasted on all the features when the only thing that should matter is the only thing that has ever matter, the match day experience, i couldn't give a toss who is the most popular player in the dressing room when the games are unwatchable.

There is  a reason CM 00/01 and the like still have such a cult following, it's the simplicity and using your imagination when watching text/2d make their moves, the 3D is Crap it will never look like Fifa and even if it did it would still lose a lot of it's charm so i don't know why they persist with it, they are playing to the masses and the younger generation but this game was always a thinking mans game and they are being alienated 

But money talks i suppose 

Does that Mean Fast and the Furious is a better film than Blade Runner

Yes i have done the same as you . Played FM21 and i enjoyed the ease of creating kits and logos etc but the game lacked the fun aspect and you get bogged down in the game before a match is played . This might suit the enthusiasts but it became a chore and boring so i also loaded FM17 back up with a downloaded Skin etc and its great .