[FM20] - Fola's last final career

Fola

Okay, so I have said over the past few weeks that I will be doing my final career on FM20 before FM21 comes out. I started off which Norwich and was sacked by January first season. I then decided to give it one more shot, this time with Brighton and I was sacked by Brighton in November in the first season. I have decided to give FM20 one last final go and I will document it all in this career thread. 

Bournemouth | BBC Sport

The team I have chosen to manage is: Bournemouth. Bournemouth, as you know, were relegated from the Premier League in real life. On FM20, they are predicted to finish 14th. I will be happy if we don't get relegated. I am hoping that this should be easier than the Norwich and Brighton saves due to the better standard of players.

I will be playing with the following rules that I have set myself:

• No transfers in the first transfer window.
  • Director of football will take charge of ALL transfer activity. This includes incomings, outgoings and contracts.
  • The chairman will take control of ALL staff recruitment.

After assessing the squad, I have decided that my starting tactic will be a 3-1-4-1-1 formation. This will consist of three centre backs, a holding midfielder, two centre midfielders, two defensive wingers, an attacking mid and our main goalscoring threat: the striker. Below is the squad that I have at my disposal.

MkX8OYD.png

I have tried this tactic on a few saves in the past and it has worked well so I am hoping it will in this save. I didn't usually use a Libero but I really fancy using one this time.

hzOLQUn.png

With the below players currently injured and not registered in the first part of the season. Missing from the above list is Charlie Daniels who my DOF has sent out on loan to America. 

vz96Xw4.png

Edited by Fola

10th August 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 1

MGMg8aR.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, Lerma, King; Solanke; Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico, Ibe, Surridge

The hardest start possible to a season and we didn't do too badly at all. The lads played well in my new tactic and we were drawing for the majority of the game until Liverpool showed their quality late on.

Bournemouth 0-3 Liverpool: Premier League leaders open up 11-point ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Joshua King (7.0)
League Position: 19th
Next Opponent: Newcastle (A)

17th August 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 2

Pvm4OJr.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, Lerma, King; Solanke; C. Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico,  H.Wilson , Surridge

Ohhhh yeah! Nice to get an early win under our belts. We battered them all game, despite conceding an early goal. Joshua King scored a great first before Philip Billing  scored from long range just before the end to win it for us.

Newcastle United 0-1 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Joshua King (8.3)
League Position: 14th
Next Opponent: Tottenham (H)

21th August 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 3

dfZWfbY.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, Cook; Billing; Fraser*, Surman, Cook, King; Solanke; C. Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico,  H.Wilson*, Surridge

We will need to get over this quickly. Again, we played OK but the goal before half time killed us. It doesn't get any easier, Arsenal up next.

Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 Bournemouth: Mourinho praises Alli after ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Andrew Surman (7.0)
League Position: 15th
Next Opponent: Arsenal (H)

24th August 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 4

Ek8qRGf.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, L Cook*, King; Solanke; C Wilson**.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico,  H Wilson*, Surridge**

What a win! An absolute domination by us as we outclassed Arsenal all over the pitch. Ake headed in from a corner before Solanke scored a one on one. Joshua King headed in a third before Arsenal got a goal back. Straight after half time Callum Wilson got his first goal of the season to seal a brilliant win. Bristol City away next in the cup- I forgot to post a screenshot of the draw.

Bournemouth 2-1 Arsenal - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Callum Wilson (8.8)
League Position: 10th
Next Opponent: Bristol City (A)

28th August 2019 - Carabao Cup - Round 2

oSOB8eb.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, Surman, L Cook, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico,  H Wilson*, Surridge

That was poor. Played my strongest team and lost to Championship side Bristol City.

Birmingham City 1-1 Bristol City: Tommy Rowe earns Robins draw ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Andrew Surman (7.3)
Next Opponent: Norwich (A)

31st August 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 5

FCwsIja.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; H Wilson, Surman, L Cook, Fraser*; King; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Francis, Simpson, Stacey, Rico, Solanke*, Surridge

Bloody Norwich! I made one change after the defeat in the cup with Harry Wilson coming in for his first start, meaning Solanke dropped to the bench. We were two down early on and did really well to get level. So, as you can understand, it was VERY frustrating to concede so late and lose. International break up next and then Palace away.

Bournemouth 0-0 Norwich: Canaries earn first away point - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Philip Billing (7.3)
League Position: 13th
Next Opponent: Crystal Palace (A)

14th September 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 6

N9gO3g6.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, Lerma*, King**; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Smith, Stacey, L Cook*, Ibe**, H Wilson, Surridge

We should of won this one but happy to get an away point. Lerma put us ahead but Townsend scored for Palace just before half time. Steve Cook hit the bar with a header late on.

Crystal Palace 2-2 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Aaron Ramsdale (7.1)
Next Opponent: Manchester United (A)

21st September 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 7

uppLjqt.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, Lerma, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Smith, Stacey, L Cook, Ibe, H Wilson, Surridge

Battering. Outclassed from start to finish.

Manchester United 5-2 Bournemouth: Mason Greenwood scores twice in ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Andrew Surman (7.6)
Next Opponent: Southampton (H)

28th September 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 8

gzsB0Bq.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, Surman, L Cook**, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey*, Francis, Ibe, H Wilson**, Surridge

Now that's more like it. It was a massive game for us because we hadn't won since the Arsenal game and especially after the United drubbing. We went down early on but scored four goals in only three minutes to give us the win.

Bournemouth 2-0 Southampton - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Ryan Fraser (8.7)
League Position: 12th
Next Opponent: Everton (H)

5th October 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 9

ZGh2b6U.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, H Wilson, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, Simpson, Surridge

Back to back wins with another great performance. Two first half goals gave us the win thanks to Callum Wilson and Philip Billing. Harry Wilson came in to replace Lewis Cook and did well in CM, especially considering he's a winger.

Bournemouth 3-1 Everton: Callum Wilson scores twice as hosts climb ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Philip Billing (8.1)
Next Opponent: West Ham (A)

19th October 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 10

2tlvseU.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham*, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser**, Surman, H Wilson***, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly*, Stacey, Francis, Ibe**, Lerma***, Surridge

That was a tough one to take. We were on top all game but gave away two sloppy goals. 

West Ham United 3-4 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Ryan Fraser (8.2)
League Position: 11th
Next Opponent: Burnley (A)

21 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You are cursed with injuries. Do you have a high intensity training schedule then. Is that the reason or are your fitness coaches and physios rubbish ?

It's not particularly high intensity, no. My physios aren't too bad either- it's just my luck haha!

26th October 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 11

I2TSR4A.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman, Lerma*, H Wilson; King; Solanke.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook*, Surridge

Another good point on the road. I am really enjoying this save, it is nice to not be losing every game like on previous careers I have done. Dominic Solanke moved up front with Callum Wilson out while Harry Wilson came into the side in his place. We gave away a sloppy goal but Solanke scored a great goal to draw us level.

Burnley 1-2 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Dominic Solanke (8.3)
Next Opponent: Wolves (A)

2nd November 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 12

5m9B4kW.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; H Wilson, Surman, Lerma, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook*, Fraser

We were really unlucky to lose this one. We played really well but two excellent goals from Adama Traore won the game for Wolves. I brought Callum Wilson back into the side and he did well despite not scoring. Nice to see Solanke bag once again.

Wolves 1-0 Bournemouth: Jimenez boosts Wolves' European hopes ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Callum Wilson (7.3)
Next Opponent: Aston Villa (H)

9th November 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 13

wKbWQah.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, Surman*, Lerma, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook*, H Wilson

That wasn't good enough. We were completely off it today, a well deserved win for Villa. Brighton next who are 19th, a must win this one.

Bournemouth 0-1 Aston Villa - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Joshua King (7.1)
League Position: 15th
Next Opponent: Brighton (H)

23rd November 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 14

UqptJCM.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; H Wilson*, Surman, Lerma**, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey*, Francis, Ibe, L Cook**, Fraser

Fantastic win, absolute domination. That serves Brighton right for sacking me in my previous career game. Really happy to see Callum Wilson bag a brace, he has done well this season but not scored as many goals as I am sure he would of liked. Up to 11th now.

Bournemouth 3-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: Cherries end six-game ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Callum Wilson (8.8)
Next Opponent: Sheffield United (H)

30th November 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 15

026sU0e.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; H Wilson, Surman*, Lerma, King**; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook*, Fraser**

What a game and what an excellent comeback. We went ahead early through Steve Cook's first goal of the season, scoring a header from a corner. Sheffield United then got three goals before half time which should of won them the game. Callum Wilson scored soonafter half time before Jefferson Lerma scored from long in the last minute of the game.

Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield United: Billy Sharp snatches late ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Steve Cook (7.8)
Next Opponent: Chelsea (A)

4th December 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 16

Rq1yyIT.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook*; Billing; H Wilson**, Surman, Lerma***, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly*, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook**, Fraser***

What a performance against one of the best teams in the league. We went behind early on but Solanke bagged against his former side to get us level. Kante then put Chelsea ahead before Joshua King scored a wonderful solo goal to get us a draw. King hit the post in the last minute too that could of won the game for us.

Chelsea 0-1 Bournemouth: Dan Gosling's late goal gifts Cherries ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Joshua King (8.4)
Next Opponent: Manchester CIty (A)

7th December 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 17

NBeyjU5.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; H Wilson*, Surman**, Lerma, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, L Cook*, Fraser**

We move on. City are just on another level to us.

Manchester City 4-0 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Joshua King (6.9)
Next Opponent: Watford (H)

14th December 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 18

t4ncI55.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook*; Billing; Fraser, L Cook, Lerma, King**; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly*, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, Surman, H Wilson**

A great win against one of our rivals who will the looking to avoid relegation this season, much like ourselves. I made two changes, with Ryan Fraser and Lewis Cook coming into the team ahead of Andrew Surman and Harry Wilson. Callum Wilson kept up his good form with his sixth goal of the season. Nathan Ake headed in shortly after and Watford managed a late consolation goal in stoppage time.

Bournemouth 2-2 Watford - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Jefferson Lerma (7.7)
Next Opponent: Leicester (H)

21st December 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 19

Tlk0bIj.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, L Cook, Lerma, King**; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe*, Surman, H Wilson**

A good draw against a talented Leicester side. We defended well and I would have liked us to get the win but happy with a draw.

Bournemouth 1-0 Leicester City - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Chris Mepham (7.1)
Next Opponent: Southampton (A)

28th December 2019 - Premier League - Matchday 20

o0RBDIB.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, L Cook, Lerma**, King; Solanke; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Ibe, Surman*, H Wilson**

Another nil-nil draw. We should of probably won this one but on the positive, it is nice to get another clean sheet.

Bournemouth win at Southampton to go third in Premier League table ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Chris Mepham (7.0)
Next Opponent: Everton (A)

1st January 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 21

1wzTaL0.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, L Cook, Lerma**, King***; H Wilson; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Stacey, Francis, Surman*, Stanislas**, Danjuma***

Battering. We got well and truly torn apart. Great start to the new year.

Everton 2-1 Bournemouth - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Harry Wilson (7.2)
Next Opponent: Peterborough (H)

2nd January 2020

fkOSGwd.png

Our first bit of transfer business. This guy will join us at the end of the season. Bit of a weird one- not sure why my DOF signed him to be honest. He will be 32 by the time he joins and has only made 1 sub appearance this season for Parma.

R4kM8sf.png

4th January 2020 - Premier League - Third Round

7138ysq.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Francis, Ake, Kelly; Billing; Stanislas*, L Cook**, Gosling, Danjuma***; H Wilson; C Wilson.
Subs: Boruc, S Cook, Mepham, Lerma, Surman*, Fraser**, King***

Played a much rotated side and we convincingly beat Peterborough in the FA Cup. Danjuma and Stanislas impressed on their return from injury.

Callum Wilson: Bournemouth hat-trick striker rues missed chance of ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Harry Wilson (8.3)
Next Opponent: Manchester United (H)

11th January 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 22

z0Av9Cr.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, L Cook, Lerma*, King**; H Wilson; C Wilson***.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Solanke*, Gosling**, Surman, Stanislas, Danjuma***

What a fantastic win. We lost 6-0 in the reverse fixture so to beat them on our own patch is very pleasing. It was nervy near the end but we held on. Up to 11th now and we have drawn Championship side Stoke in the next round of the FA Cup.

Bournemouth 1-0 Manchester United: Joshua King's goal gives ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Ryan Fraser (8.3)
Next Opponent: West Ham (H)

14th January 2020

24QM0sc.png

My DOF has made his first signing of the transfer window. James Forrest joins us from Celtic. I am not sure we need another winger- I would have much prefered a striker in all honesty!
OGW7ay4.png

Will be interesting to see if he can cut it in the Premier League.

OlmEuAQ.png

15th January 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 23

UqRmEbv.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser, L Cook, Lerma, Danjuma*; H Wilson; King**.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Gosling, Surman, Forrest*, Stanislas, Solanke**

How we haven't won that, I will never know. We battered them all game and had the chance to make it 2-0 but Harry Wilson missed his penalty and West Ham went straight up the other end to score.

Bournemouth 2-2 West Ham United: Late equaliser for Hammers ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Philip Billing (7.8)
Next Opponent: Newcastle (H)

Edited by Fola

18th January 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 24

PhdlCWB.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, S Cook; Billing; Fraser*, L Cook**, Gosling, Forrest; H Wilson***; Solanke.
Subs: Boruc, Kelly, Lerma, Surman*, Danjuma, Stanislas**, King***

Excellent win. It was a complete domination and it really should of have been a more convincing scoreline. Happy to get another win and nice to see Ryan Fraser on the scoresheet after signing a new deal.

Bournemouth 1-4 Newcastle: Cherries fighting for survival after ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Harry Wilson (7.3)
Next Opponent: Stoke (H)

19th January 2020

ig6kZoG.png

Jack Stacey is on his way to France until the end of the season. He's a good player but because I don't play with wing backs, he can't get into my team. I have retrained him as a winger so he may still have a future here. 

W5uIU4I.png

25th January 2020 - FA Cup - Fourth Round

XW3HRsw.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, Kelly; Billing*; Danjuma**, L Cook, Gosling, Forrest***; H Wilson; Solanke.
Subs: Boruc, S Cook, Lerma, Surman*, Fraser, Stanislas**, King***

I made a few changes but Stoke couldn't handle us. Really good to see James Forrest score his first goal for the club, as well as Dan Gosling scoring his first goal of the season. Philip Billing has been one of my best players this season, what a player he is. It would be great to do well in the FA Cup- hope we get a favourable draw in the next round.

Bournemouth 2-1 Stoke City - BBC Sport

Bournemouth MOTM: Harry Wilson (7.3)
Next Opponent: Stoke (H)

29th January 2020 - Premier League - Matchday 25

QyNeCFu.png

Starting XI: Ramsdale, Mepham, Ake, Kelly; Billing; King*, L Cook, Lerma**, Forrest; H Wilson; Solanke.
Subs: Boruc, S Cook, Gosling*, Surman, Fraser, Stanislas, Danjuma**

That was really disappointing. When Leicester had a man sent off, I really thought we would have taken advantage of it but it didn't really happen. Always disappointing to concede so late.

Leicester 2-0 Bournemouth: Brendan Rodgers earns third straight ...

Bournemouth MOTM: Dominic Solanke (7.2)
Next Opponent: Liverpool (A)