Pirates having A headache...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so maybe its a good time to rework eastside hockey manager 2007. if i remember correctly pirating is what doomed it.

This game NEEDS to come back I loved it, possibly more than FM. I hope Si reconsider the decision in the future. And for goodness sake market it in Canada and the USA where it will sell!!!!

But on the topic again and it's good to see the FM pirates frustrated.

My mate offered me a cracked version but I won't take it. And I haven't got any money to buy it lol.

Its a bit of a grey area, due to differing laws in different countries. Iirc, they've tried to shut down a well-known place before through legal methods and it hasn't worked (yet). Its still illegal to share the copyrighted material though.

Its a bit of a grey area, due to differing laws in different countries. Iirc, they've tried to shut down a well-known place before through legal methods and it hasn't worked (yet). Its still illegal to share the copyrighted material though.

Request for the links to be removed they cant possibly say no and if they do then there breaking the law in any country aren't they?

I mean im sure Si have some people that look for the sites and links but if it so blantent that a normal internet user can find them how are they still in buisness.

Why doesn't anyone report the sites that have the links on? Stops it altogether no? They can crack it all they like but if it just keeps getting taken off then nobody will get the chance to have it.

It aint hard at all to find these cracked games... you just gotta go to torrent websites and you'll find lots of em. Yet they are always there... and ofc there are many others uploading it somewhere else... Maybe someday SI will get something better than the holiday bug :p (match crash match crash ! :D)

It aint hard at all to find these cracked games... you just gotta go to torrent websites and you'll find lots of em. Yet they are always there... and ofc there are many others uploading it somewhere else... Maybe someday SI will get something better than the holiday bug :p (match crash match crash ! :D)

But holidaying and get there assistant to play the game is there only way of actually winning anything probably.

Edit - I mean if i wanted to now i could go and find 10-20 links of cracks and torrents and crap. So why cant they just do the same.

I know that it'll probably be all back by tomorrow but if you keep doing it there will eventually get bored surely. I mean i know they dont have lives and cracking is the Job/Hobbie but it will dent the piracy of FM.

I must say the holiday bug is a genius idea by SI.

It might not seem important to some people, but from a pirates perspective it is a nightmare as they are unable to test for other bugs in the future without spending countless hours playing the game.

It might not seem important to some people, but from a pirates perspective it is a nightmare as they are unable to test for other bugs in the future without spending countless hours playing the game.

Also, many are getting sacked after a season which is also genious.

I doubt it's planned. This is probably just a result of the fact that they've used the demo executable to crack the full game. I also doubt many pirates are interested in bug hunting.

AFAIK this does not happen. This is something from Fifa Manager and the idiots shouting on the forums are simply mixing things up. Anyways, having triggers in the game is generally a smart idea as long as it does not end up biting the legal customer like the last years qualifying thing did.

from what i've heard my friend is still playing the pirate version of the game well into 2010, so if its done properly then the only thing missing is the holiday bug which i agree is a genius idea. :D

from what i've heard my friend is still playing the pirate version of the game well into 2010, so if its done properly then the only thing missing is the holiday bug which i agree is a genius idea. :D

Ask your friend why he didn't just pay £30 for the game.

People need to stop confusing me :p

Indeed, and it is astoundingly easy to find IP addresses that are uploading. If ISPs were forced to be more helpful in terms of companies going after their customers, these 'well-known places' would not be very useful for pirates anymore. :)

what you said about logging IPs is all well and good but then the people who upload the games and other programs will just use a program to mask there ip so nobody can trace it

IP must be respected!

Is the Ip of the various leagues / names of copyrighted players respected by Si? Or do they leave a nice door open to fans via the .LNC file trick?

Is the IP of the league/clubs respected when users use a 'real fixtures' file.

Is the IP of the league/clubs respected when you have fans putting in club and league logos badges into the game.

I know, I know...SI havn't sold a product that directly has such things in. However, they do leave a nice door open on various fronts with the way the files are structured.

Just before everyone moans at piracy and IP violations - just remember you probably violate loads of these things with the most innocent purposes- no one is whiter than white.

With their fancy mod controllers?

I agree that it is nice to see them suffering.

they're idiots mate, i mean honestly buying a game then cheating ? it's ridiculous and annoying

some of these people don't even try to get good at a game

the most annoying aspect is they use aimbot and i think to myself what the hell is the point? i mean you are basically pressing a button and it's aiming for you - it's laughable

The most hilarious thing is many of them complain about bugs and decide that because of them they won't pay for this really poor game... so they download FM illegally anyway. :mad: If you hate a game just stay away from it, it's as simple as this.

Well, the game is not perfect at the moment, but at least after paying for it I feel free to complain. :cool::p

Good to see them having problems :thup:

How can the game recognise that it's a pirated copy and therefore contain all these bugs? Are they bugs that SI deliberately developed? Or do they come about when someone changes the .exe file to crack it? I don't know how cracking works exactly.

And if the game can detect it's a crack copy, why doesn't the game just render itself useless?

I will never understand why it is so difficult to simply get £25 out your wallet and go and buy a game you want instead of going through the hassle of waiting for cracks and all that nonsense. People pay more on a 3 course meal or going to a theme park, yet they are so unwilling to pay to get dozens of hours of entertainment in the comfort of their own house. Incredible

It's RM180 here, assume your £1 usage is same as my RM1 and it's damn expensive....

what you said about logging IPs is all well and good but then the people who upload the games and other programs will just use a program to mask there ip so nobody can trace it

Yeah, but torrents rely on the general userbase seeding them. If ISPs were more responsive in this area the public sites would be made less public and piracy would be driven partway back towards being the small self-contained scene that was viewed as an acceptable loss. The situation with games over the last few years has grown ridiculous.

The casual pirates who are the problem at the moment wouldn't bother, frankly, if life was made sufficiently difficult for them. IP masking is not going to be in your avaerage 14 year old's repertoire any time soon.

tbh, sooner or later, pirates always win. and imo, if they're having trouble getting it cracked at first, they'll enjoy ripping it all the more....

they are always gonna get round copy protection. and unfortunately the hard working guys who make the games will lose some amount of money.

It's RM180 here, assume your £1 usage is same as my RM1 and it's damn expensive....

That's a pretty flawed assumption.

The Big Mac index is generally regarded as a good way of telling what £1 is worth in another currency in real terms rather than exchange rates. As of summer 2008, £1 = 2.4RM in purchasing power. Therefore in real terms, the game has cost you the equivalent of £75 rather than £35.

About double. Not 5 times more like you implied.

Ask your friend why he didn't just pay £30 for the game.

I got him into Football Manager in the first place so i'm working on getting him to pay for this great experience, unfortuantely he pirates every game not just FM :D

The Big Mac index is generally regarded as a good way of telling what £1 is worth in another currency in real terms rather than exchange rates. As of summer 2008, £1 = 2.4RM in purchasing power. Therefore in real terms, the game has cost you the equivalent of £75 rather than £35.

think about those poor gorgians or uzbecistans?

£30 is one years wages to some of them people... can you imagine saveing up all your wages for 1year to play football manager.

:rolleyes:

The Big Mac index is a poor measurement. It's unofficial, after all. You don't take a single "commodity" and generalise it across the entire country's products.

Having lived in Malaysia, the price of software accurately follows the foreign exchange rates. The price of Norton Antivirus 2008 in the States is about US$40.00 - in Malaysia, it's about MYR150.00, and the exchange rate is about 1:3.6.

And how far does MYR150.00 get you in Malaysia? For one thing, it will buy you 50 filling lunches, although you might die of high cholesterol soon after.

Semantics ...

You wanted people to stop calling them what they are and start calling them what they aren't. So, I was just pointing out that there is a difference.

If someone steals your car then he's a thief, because now you no longer have the car but he does instead.

If someone looks very carefully at your car and is then able to create a perfect copy and drive away in it, then he's a pirate. You both have a car now, but the car manufacturer will be angry because they will argue that if he hadn't made a copy of your car (for which they own the copyright) then he might have bought a car from them instead.

In reality, if he couldn't have made a copy he might just as well have simply continued to ride his bike instead, but that's a discussion for another day...

Yeah it is a headache for pirates, but that's all it is, a headache. None of these features are truly permanent and impregnable. I've talked to a friend of mine a few months back who is a programmer for Microsoft and in fact does do some work on the security features for windows and other MS programs. In his view, pirates/crackers are just as good at getting pass all these features in programs as developers are at putting them in. May take some time (usually not much) but they'll get around any so called security feature.

Also, I went to Ukraine a couple years back to visit some family and went to a few general markets, not company operated stores. One could find absolutely any program/game that's out there for basically pennies, and all these of course would come already with all the security features sliced and diced.

I know a couple of people who are playing a downloaded version freely without problems. I don't blame people at all anymore for downloading games from certain companies. I will never buy a Ubi product again after the farce of Far Cry 2.

Infact the only 2 games companies i have any faith left for are SI and Creative Assembly, those 2 deserve every penny they get!

Archived