[Suggestion] Manager/DoF preference for player attributes

stevenvdijk

Currently in the editor/game its possible for managers or DoFs to have a preference for the roles (eg Sweeper Keeper, Ball Playing Defender, etc) - so this influences the tactics they use and the players they use for these tactics.

However, there is no preference for the attributes they prefer players to have - which can then influence again the players they prefer to use, but also the type of players they attract/buy.

So for example, Guardiola prefers players with a good level of technique, passing and decision making. I often see Man City/Guardiola buying players that have poor ratings on these attributes. Similar would go for Klopp, where you would expect he prefers Movement, Anticipation, Work Rate and Teamwork for example. I have seen Liverpool buying players in FM with low work rate and teamwork - which irl would never be considered by Klopp.

Could be a great addition to lift the AI transfers and player selection to the next level.

This is a great idea and a very articulate way of saying something I have thought before about AI transfers

In your own teams I think there is something in this too in terms of where any delegation/responsibility for squad building is with the SD/DoF. When you take over a team there is an expectation over style of play but this doesn't translate into types of players being bought. Yes there is players under an age not over an age etc but not inline with the OP's suggestion i.e. focusing on technical or hard working players etc. Even as far as young players with higher potential not just incremental improvements on the current squad

• 5 months later...