Staff should have more impact in the game

strateeg32

Maybe to some degree it is already in the game but I doubt it. Else it is very negligible.

So what I mean with impact is that a staff member in their role should do more and have a direct influence, this might become more clear with the following examples:

- Loan manager should really give you information about your players on loan and not just statistics (as they do now). They should tell you if they actually improved their (hidden) current ability and how it would compare to having been left at the club (maybe even comparing different scenarios. How he now develops versus if he would have been used not at all (thus only training), sporadically or very often). He should also be motivating the players and thus making them develop better and play better while on loan (if he has bad stats then of course it could lead to demotivation), this way your loan manager really adds something. If you can't afford him or are to lazy/stingy to invest in one you get less out of your loaned players. They develop less quickly. Lastly, if one hires a loan manager you get easier and better loan options for your players, it would help if the game hints that it has been due to him that this loan option for your player came due to him.

- Sport scientists should with their presence decrease the chance of injury for a player (even if it is just a few percent), even if you do nothing with his advice. Because your coaches and players will talk to him and listen to his advices. Also sport scientists and data scientists should help your players improve or play a bit better since they feed them valuable data. It should not just be that they provide the manager with data and it is up to the manager to get most out of it

- Technical director, I have put many on development list or transferlist and I always end up having to get clubs' attraction myself by making club offers. The TD should be able to get clubs as attraction for a player that without him would not have shown their interest. (again with a message making clear that this club has shown interest due to effort of your TD would be nice).

Thus, I feel like the direct and indirect influence of your staff is too little and it feels sometimes little reward for attracting the best staff members let alone fill some positions entirely. Their presence alone should give benefits even if you as manager don't get the most out of their advice or miss some key hints. In a way this would make the game also more fair, since at times it feels too easy as a small club to compete and climb. If having many staff members and especially many specializations filled has intrinsic bonuses then a big club has this natural advantage just as in the real world. You have an extra dimension to overcome (besides scouting, finance, tactics and squad quality)

Edited by strateeg32